Woodland Hills Personal Injury Lawyer
Call Now For A Free Consultation With A Woodland Hills Attorney
West Coast Trial Lawyers was discovered in 2014 by Neama Rahmani and Allen Patatanyan. Neama is the President and co-founder of the law firm. He was a former federal prosecutor for the United States Attorney’s Office. During his time here, he successfully prosecuted murders and drug dealers. When Neama worked as a Director of Enforcement of the Los Angeles City Ethics Commission, he would oversee and investigate elected officials and the highest elected employees in Los Angeles. This also included the Mayor and City Council. He fulfilled this position until he decided to become a trial lawyer. Neama has substantial trial experience, guiding over 170 attorneys in litigation against many large companies world-wide. Throughout Neama’s career, he has helped his clients acquire over $1 billion in settlements and judgments.
Allen Patatanyan is the Managing Partner and co-founder of West Coast Trial Lawyers. Allen was recruited by O’Melveny & Myers, one of the largest law firms in Los Angeles. There, he worked with Neama Rahmani. Together they represented large companies. Allen decided to leave O’Melveny to open up his own law firm. Allen has had over a decades worth of experience fighting on behalf of clients and pursued those at-fault for causing harm with his signature dogged and deterministic charm. Throughout his career, Allen has helped more than thousands of people acquire millions of dollars in settlements and judgments.
West Coast Trial Lawyers has offices available in many parts of Los Angeles County, including Woodland Hills. Our Woodland Hills personal injury attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience. Our team has successfully won over 5,000 cases. Due to our accomplishments in the legal field, we have been acknowledged as the #1 personal injury law firm in Woodland Hills. Our firm has a primary goal of making sure our clients are satisfied with the end-result of the case and receive maximum compensation for damages they suffered from the accident.
Rest assured, there are no financial risks involved in our services. You will not be charged with any fees until your case has been won or settled. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our Woodland Hills personal injury law firm, reach out to our 24/7 legal team by calling (818) 839-8900 or emailing [email protected]Services We Offer
- Car accident. Due to an alarming amount of cars occupying the streets, it is inevitable that an accident can take place at any given moment. West Coast Trial Lawyers has experienced Woodland Hills car accident attorneys that will help you get the justice you deserve.
- Motorcycle accident. These vehicles are dangerous to ride. Motorcycles can be risky to operate, even if the rider is experienced. If you are a victim of a motorcycle accident and would like to file a lawsuit, West Coast Trial Lawyers has Woodland Hills motorcycle accident attorneys with over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases.
- Brain injury. Head injuries can occur for a variety of reasons. People may choose to avoid wearing protective gear when playing sports or operating a motorized vehicle. Motorcyclists and e-scooter riders who avoid wearing helmets may suffer from severe brain injuries if they get into an accident. Victims of a brain injury should look for an experienced brain injury attorney to help them with their case. Reach out to West Coast Trial Lawyers to get started on your filing process. Our team has won over 5,000 personal injury cases and are confident that you will be satisfied with our services.
- Spinal cord injury. There are various types of collisions that may result in an individual damaging their spine. This includes car accidents, bike accidents, pedestrian accidents, and e-scooter accidents. If you were involved in an accident and are suffering from a spinal cord injury, contact West Coast Trial Lawyers. We will help you get the maximum financial and emotional compensation you deserve for the losses you sustained.
- Dog bite. It is important for dog owners to train their dogs to behave in public. Lack of training may result in the dog misbehaving frequently and developing bad habits. This can cause the dog to attack strangers, regardless of whether or not they are a threat or simply because they are teasing the dog. If you were a victim of a dog bite and would like to file a lawsuit against the dog owner, our team is available 24/7 to take your calls and emails. We offer free consultations and do not charge any fees until your case has been won or settled.
- E-Scooter accident. People have easy access to operate an e-scooter. Unfortunately, many of them are not experienced enough to ride one properly. Also, a lot of riders do not wear protective gear, such as a helmet or knee pads. This is mainly because the e-scooters were made for convenience. Not everyone carries protective gear around them at all times. If you were injured because of a negligent e-scooter rider, our Woodland Hills personal injury law firm will help you get the justice you deserve for damages caused by the collision.
- Premises liability. Property owners are given the responsibility of making sure their premises are maintained in a safe condition. They need to perform maintenance checks before allowing anyone to step foot on their property. Failure to do so will result in a serious injury, thus causing the victim to file a claim against the owner. If you are a victim of premises liability and would like to sue the property owner, our team is available 24/7 to help you with your case.
- Bicycle accident. Bikes are fragile, non-motorized vehicles that do not offer significant protection. Additionally, due to their size, they are difficult to spot on the road. However, a driver is still required to cautiously observe the road and ensure that a lane change can be made safely before attempting one. Furthermore, they should not occupy the bike zone if they notice a bicyclist is using it. Unfortunately, there are drivers who disobey the rules of the road and make it complicated for bicyclists to ride on the streets. If you need an attorney to help you with your case, reach out to our 24/7 legal team to get help from our experienced Woodland Hills bicycle accident attorneys.
- Burn injury. Burn injuries may occur unexpectedly. It can be from a defective product, chemical spill, hot liquids, or from a vehicle accident. Seek medical attention as soon as you possibly can. If you would like to sue the individual who caused the burn injury, West Coast Trial Lawyers has Woodland Hills burn injury attorneys with over 60 years of collective legal experience.
- Pedestrian accident. Thousands of pedestrians utilize the streets on a day-to-day basis. Unfortunately, there are many negligent drivers that choose to disobey California laws, especially when it comes to yielding to pedestrian traffic. West Coast Trial Lawyers has a primary goal of making sure victims of a pedestrian accident get financial and emotional compensation for the damages they suffered.
- Wrongful death. No one ever expects to lose a loved one. It is the most difficult situation to overcome. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Woodland Hills wrongful death attorneys will do everything we possibly can to make sure you get the justice you deserve for your tragic loss.
- Uber and Lyft accident. Ridesharing companies have become a hit across cities in California, including Woodland Hills. People like how easy it is to request a driver to take them to their desired location. However, the requested driver may exhibit acts of negligence that can result in a serious accident, and in fact are often times in a rush to get to their next ride. Reach out to our 24/7 legal team to get started on the process of filing a Uber and Lyft accident against the driver at-fault.
- Truck accident. Trucks are used to transport heavy objects. They have been known to make unsuccessful wide turns and fall on vehicles nearby. Trucks are extremely heavy machines, that oftentimes carry with them containers filled with thousands of pounds of goods. Additionally, truck drivers may perform reckless actions to avoid being set back from their schedule. If you would like to receive legal help to file a lawsuit against the driver at-fault, West Coast Trial Lawyers has experienced Woodland Hills truck accident attorneys that will devote their practices to assist you with your case.
- Bus accident. In Woodland Hills, there are 10 bus routes available. This makes it convenient for people to travel to their destination. Unfortunately, there is a chance that the bus gets into an accident with other vehicles nearby. The bus driver or another driver may be at-fault for this type of situation. It all depends on whether or not they were following the rules of the road. If you were a passenger that was involved in a bus accident and would like to sue the at-fault driver, West Coast Trial Lawyers will help you acquire maximum compensation for the harm you suffered.
- Food delivery. UberEats, PostMates, and DoorDash have made it easier for people to get food without having to do it themselves. However, these food delivery drivers are pressured to complete the order on time, or else they will receive a bad review. If they continue to lag on a customer’s request, then they could get fired. To prevent this from happening, they choose to perform reckless actions on the road, such as speeding and cutting off drivers. Doing this is very dangerous and can harm those nearby. If you were involved in a food delivery accident and need legal help with filing a lawsuit, West Coast Trial Lawyers is available 24/7 to assist you with your needs.
- Get yourself to safety. If you are physically capable of moving after the accident, try to go to a safe location. You should also check to see if there are any drivers or passengers that also need help. If you notice that they are suffering from injuries, call 911 immediately.
- Contact the police. Inform the police about the accident that just occurred. You should also let them know that there are also people who are injured on the scene. Paramedics will arrive to treat those who need medical care.
- Exchange personal information. Provide all the parties involved with your name, phone number, and insurance information. They should also do the same.
- Gather information. Try to find as much important information as you possibly can. If you notice police officers are gathering evidence, do not feel discouraged to do it, as well. You can request for the police officer's badge number, license plate number, and get a copy of the official police report. Additionally, you should try to record or take pictures of the accident and your injury. If there are any bystanders, you should ask them if they feel comfortable getting involved with your case. If they approve to take part in it, request for their name(s) and phone number(s).
- Get medical treatment. It is important for you to seek medical care as soon as possible. Even if you think you have not suffered any serious injuries, it would be best to still get checked out to rule out any internal issues that may be missed. If you are dealing with moderate or severe injuries, you will be transported to a hospital. Doctors will run tests on you to diagnose the problem and start giving you treatments to help you recover.
- Call your insurance provider. If you are uninsured and not at-fault for the accident, speak to the other party’s provider.
- Speak to a personal injury attorney. If you would like to file a lawsuit against the party at-fault for the accident, you should reach out to a personal injury attorney to help you with your case.
Additionally, California law requires drivers to inform the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) about the accident. You are given a 10 day period starting from the initial date of the incident This is only applicable if:
- The collision resulted in more than $1,000 in property damage.
- The collision killed or injured someone.
If you were at fault or not at fault for causing an accident, you must inform your insurance provider about this. There are insurance policies that can be used, such as Med Pay insurance and California Collision insurance, that will help pay for damages.
It is also possible that the other driver can still be found entirely or partially responsible for the accident. Since California is classified as a comparative negligence state, you may still be compensated even if you were fully at-fault, or partially, for the collision.
The statute of limitations gives you up to 2 years to file a lawsuit against the driver you believe caused the accident. This applies for claim filing purposes. You must still inform your insurance provider about the collision.
If you do not have insurance and you are not at-fault for the accident, it would be best to reach out to a personal injury attorney to help you get the compensation you deserve. You do have the option of speaking to the other driver’s insurance provider, however they will most likely downplay your case and seek to get a recorded statement from you that they could later use against you as evidence.Insurance Adjusters
After you have filed a claim with your provider, an insurer must reach out to you within 14 days after your claim has been received. An insurance adjuster will request for details about what happened. They will look into the evidence to determine who is liable for this accident and what damages need to be awarded.The insurer adjuster will analyze your:
- Claim form.
- Statement of what happened.
- Statements made by witnesses or other drivers.
- Photographs or footage.
- Vehicle inspection.
- Medical expenses.
- Medical reports.
An insurer may accept or deny a claim within 40 days after it has been proven. In this statement, proof is identified as providing enough evidence to show that you are entitled to receive damages from the aftermath of the accident. If the claim is not complex, then the liability issues may get settled within a couple of days. However, if someone was severely injured, then it may take months for a liability decision to be made.Contact Us
If you or a loved one were victims of a personal injury due to another individual’s negligence, West Coast Trial Lawyers has Woodland Hills attorneys with over 60 years of collective legal experience. We will make sure you get the justice you deserve. To schedule a free consultation, please reach out to our legal team 24/7 by calling (818) 839-8900 or emailing [email protected]