San Bernardino Personal Injury Attorney
Get a Free Consultation With a San Bernardino Personal Lawyer
Whether you suffered injuries after a car accident on the 10 Freeway, a slip and fall on the Cal State San Bernardino campus, or were assaulted due to negligent security at Westside Plaza, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and property damage.
In an effort to pay you less than full value, insurance companies, even your own, will often respond by offering you a quick settlement. Do not accept this initial offer before consulting with an experienced San Bernardino personal injury attorney at West Coast Trial Lawyers. Insurance companies may even encourage you not to hire an attorney so that you will not have the benefit of someone in the industry evaluating the settlement offer and whether or not it fairly compensates you for the loss.
Insurance companies are not your friend. They are for profit businesses, which means paying you as little as they can on your claim. Unfortunately, due to desperation, and financial need, insurance companies are often successful in pressuring accident victims into accepting much less than what they deserve. Do not allow this to happen.
At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we have recovered over $1 billion dollars in damages for our clients. We have more than 60 years of collective experience helping victims of personal injury. Our team of personal injury attorneys have your best interests in mind. Please don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 at (909) 787-2178 or feel free to email us at [email protected] to schedule a free consultation with our experienced, caring and compassionate legal team.We will handle every aspect of your claim, including:
- Taking Care of Your Legal Rights: The team of experienced personal injury attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers is familiar with how insurance companies operate. Many of our attorneys represented these companies in the past and we will use our knowledge to take care of all the paperwork that goes into filing a personal injury claim. Most importantly, we will make sure that you don’t do or say anything to anyone involved in your claim that may be detrimental to its success.
- Patiently Explaining The Legal Process: A personal injury attorney at our firm will be completely dedicated to your case. They will answer any questions you may have and will patiently guide you through every stage of the legal process. Someone will always be available to explain your options and provide you with the information you need to make the best decisions. An experienced and dedicated attorney at our firm is always available to reassure you and make sure you understand the legal process.
- Securing Financial Compensation: Most importantly, a dedicated San Bernardino personal injury attorney will aggressively pursue all forms of financial compensation that may be available to you. In addition to damages for your past and future medical bills, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and all costs associated with your injuries. Please consult with an experienced San Bernardino personal injury attorney to determine what forms of compensation you may be entitled to.
- Filing A Lawsuit In Court: The majority of our cases are actually resolved without the need for litigation. However, if litigation is in your best interest, we will present a strong and persuasive case to the judge or jury to help get you the maximum compensation you deserve. We have secured over $1 billion in damages for our clients and we are confident that you will be happy with what we can do for you.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 at (909) 787-2178 or feel free to email us at [email protected] to schedule a free consultation with our experienced, caring and compassionate legal team.Types Of Cases We Can Handle
- Trucking Accidents: Three people were killed by a big rig on the 110 block of 5th street in October of 2019. Trucking accidents have the potential to cause serious injuries and even fatalities. The majority of all trucking accidents are caused by some form of driver negligence. Common examples of truck driver negligence can include driving more than the legal limit, distracted driving, speeding, unsafe lane changes resulting in catastrophic multi-car crashes on the freeway, and violating traffic laws.
- Premises Liability Accidents: Premises liability claims encompass many different situations. Common examples include drowning due to negligent pool management, slip and falls at grocery stores because of wet floors, and physical assault in apartment buildings due to negligent security. There are many more examples. Please speak with an experienced San Bernardino premises liability attorney as soon as possible to discuss if you are entitled to file a claim.
- Motorcycle Accidents: According to the San Gabriel Valley Tribune, California ranks in the top 15 amongst the 50 states for motorcycle deaths. For example, a 21 year old man was killed on the 210/215 freeway interchange after a passenger vehicle made an unsafe lane change. Motorcycle accident victims tend to suffer very severe injuries due to the lack of protection that motorcycles offer. If you suffered injuries as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to significant compensation for your losses.
- Bus Accidents: The city of San Bernardino operates several bus lines. Bus drivers are known as common carriers, which means they are required to be extra careful because they are transporting passengers. However, bus accidents do happen. In May of last year, an accident between an OmniTransbus and a passenger vehicle injured 6 people and sent one more to the hospital with life threatening injuries. Bus accident claims have unique time limits, which means you must act fast if you wish to file a claim for the recovery of damages.
Determining liability after any type of personal injury accident is crucial when it comes to whether or not you are entitled to damages for your losses. Determining liability in California is a challenging process, especially when multiple parties are involved. However, liability is generally based on negligence. This means that a negligent individual, entity, or group of people who caused you harm will be held liable for any injuries sustained, as well as the resulting monetary damages. As it relates to personal injury claims, negligence is a form of careless or reckless behavior. Negligent behavior is unacceptable and is against the law.
If, for example, you were injured by another driver, you must be able to show that their negligence directly caused your injuries. The legal standard for negligence in the state of California will consider the following three elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care;
- The defendant breached his or her duty of care through negligence; and
- The defendant’s negligence was the primary cause of the injuries you sustained.
Let’s continue with car accidents as an example. A duty of care for a driver means obeying traffic laws, not driving while under the influence, and focusing on the road. If a driver was intoxicated, caused your accident, and you suffered injuries as a result, then that driver will be held responsible for the accident, as well as appropriate compensation owed to you.More Types Of Cases Our San Bernardino Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have suffered injuries or losses after being involved in:
- Bicycle Accidents: Despite following all safety laws and regulations, bicyclists are always at a high risk of suffering serious injuries in an accident. For example, an 87 year old man was killed after being struck by a car on Baseline Street near Crestview Avenue.
- Car Accidents: Southern California is known for its congested traffic and car accidents are unfortunately very common. San Bernardino is no exception, as two were killed in October of 2019 on Kendall Drive near E Street. Determining who was responsible for a car accident is always a complex process best handled by an experienced San Bernardino personal injury attorney. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have about car accident claims.
- Burn Injury Accidents: Data suggests that the majority of burn accidents are caused by daily activities such as cigarette smoking and cooking accidents. For example, a San Bernardino man suffered severe burns in December of 2019 while at his home. Burn injuries are especially painful and traumatic and victims may be entitled to compensation if it can be shown that the negligence of another was the cause.
- Uber/Lyft Accidents: Given the recent passing of California Senate Bill AB-5, the rules and regulations affecting the way these types of claims are handled, as well as available damages, is changing rapidly. If you have suffered injuries in an Uber or Lyft related accident, please contact us as soon as possible. These ridesharing companies may be responsible for financial compensation owed to you
- Wrongful Death: Experiencing the wrongful death of a loved is one of the most tragic things anyone can possibly live through. Please accept our heartfelt condolences if you have lost a loved one, especially if at the hands of a careless driver. An experienced San Bernardino personal injury attorney will handle your wrongful death claim with dignity and respect.
- E-Scooter Accidents: E-scooters have become very popular, especially on the Cal State San Bernardino campus. But who is responsible if you are injured because of an E-scooter rider’s negligence? What if you were hit by a car? How Is liability determined? These are questions best answered by an attorney with our firm. Feel free to contact us anytime, we are always available to answer any questions you may have about e-scooter accident claims.
- Spinal Cord Accident Injuries: Did you know that once a spinal cord has been damaged, it will remain that way for the rest of a victim’s life? These types of injuries are always serious and will require costly medical care. Whether your injury was caused by a car accident or an act of violence, a spinal cord injury attorney with our firm is here to help.
- Dog Bites: The state of California has very strict laws affecting liability for dog owners whose animals bite someone. It has been estimated that almost 5 million dog bites happen every year in the United States. If you have suffered a dog bite injury, whether or not negligence was involved, you may be entitled to damages. Please consult with an experienced San Bernardino dog bite attorney for a free consultation to discuss whether you are entitled to financial compensation.
- Food Delivery Accidents: Food delivery drivers for popular companies such as DoorDash were once treated as independent contractors. Senate Bill AB-5 has changed all that. If you were involved in an accident with a food delivery driver in the San Bernardino area, please contact an experienced food delivery accident attorney as soon as possible. We are always here to help.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Pedestrian accidents are especially heinous and almost always involve a high degree of negligence. For example, 17 year-old San Bernardino was killed by a hit and run driver while riding his skateboard on Cottonwood Avenue near Poplar Street.
- Brain Injury Accidents: Brain injury accidents are caused by car accidents, physical violence, and many more circumstances, but the effects on a victim are often unpredictable and will always involve costly medical treatment. Whatever the cause of your brain injury was, the brain injury attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers will make sure you get the financial compensation you deserve.
If you have sustained injuries as a result of someone’s negligence or deliberate acts of malice, you have the right to hold the guilty party responsible for your losses. An Irvine personal injury attorney at our firm can recover financial compensation for the losses you have suffered, including your medical bills, property damage, emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering from your injury.
Call us today at (909) 787-2178 or email [email protected] to schedule a free consultation with our experienced, caring and compassionate legal team.