Beverly Hills Personal Injury Attorney
Consult a Personal Injury Attorney
Who is responsible for my accident? Am I entitled to compensation for my injuries? Who do I turn to for help? These are important questions. If you or a loved one has suffered any type of personal injury, please accept our heartfelt condolences. No one expects to be involved in an accident, or worse, suffer serious injuries as a result. The road to recovery can be long and difficult. And unless you seek professional legal help, you may have to pay out-of-pocket for your costly medical bills.
Attempting to handle a personal injury claim without experienced legal help is very stressful. If you or a loved one was injured in an accident, the team of personal injury attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers have over six decades of collective expertise in helping victims seek justice and compensation for their losses.
We are Havard educated, former federal prosecutors and insurance adjusters who know how insurance companies operate. We truly understand the difficulties you are facing and we are proud to have recovered over $1 billion in damages for our clients.
Whether you were involved in a car accident on the 405, suffered a slip and fall in one of your favorite boutiques on Rodeo Drive, or lost a loved one due to negligence, our attorneys will take care of everything.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 at (310) 928-0990 or feel free to email us at [email protected] to schedule a free consultation. We are always here to answer any questions you may have about personal injury claims and compensation that may be owed to you.
Types of Cases We Can Help You Win
The personal injury attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers are prepared to handle every type of personal injury claim imaginable. Below are some of the cases we have successfully recovered financial compensation for our clients.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Due to its layout, Beverly Hills has proven to be dangerous for a motorcyclist. In March of 2019, Russell G. was pronounced dead at the scene at the intersection of Santa Monica Boulevard and Hillcrest Road after being involved in a motorcycle accident. This isn’t the only fatal motorcycle accident in the area in recent years, as two other motorcyclists lost their lives the previous year after being cut off by a negligent driver. Victims of a motorcycle accident are encouraged to reach out to a personal injury attorney to recover damages from an accident. West Coast Trial Lawyers is readily available to assist those who need legal guidance to win their case.
- Truck Accidents: Due to their sheer size and power, commercial trucks always have the potential to cause significant injuries and property loss. Truck drivers and commercial trucking companies are required to abide by the highest safety standards. Furthermore, commercial trucks have different insurance policies than standard vehicles. If you have suffered injuries after a truck accident, an experienced Beverly Hills truck accident attorney is always here to help. We understand commercial trucking accident insurance policies and safety regulations. We will recover all the compensation you are entitled to.
- Premises Liability Accidents: Was your car broken into because of inadequate security in a private parking structure? Did a loved one suffer a slip and fall while shopping on Rodeo Drive? Premises liability claims are very diverse. Please consult with an experienced Beverly Hills premises liability attorney as soon as possible to discuss whether you are entitled to file a claim for the recovery of damages.
- Bus Accidents: Fortunately, bus accidents are not as common as car accidents, but when they do occur, they have the potential to be more horrific. For example, 8 people were seriously injured after a tour bus accident in June of 2019. The incident took place on Coldwater Canyon and the tour bus driver was later arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence. Bus drivers are common carriers, which means they are legally required to be extra careful because they are transporting passengers for profit. However, if you wish to file a bus accident claim, be aware that these claims have unique time limits. A bus accident attorney at our firm can answer any questions you may have about bus accident claims in the city of Beverly Hills.
- Bicycle Accidents: Based on data from 2007-2017, Beverly Hills was deemed as one of the most dangerous cities for a bicyclist in the state of California by the Office of Traffic Safety. Injuries were up 40 percent from the previous decade, and many are wondering if street design is partially responsible for this tragic trend. Bicycle accident victims can be entitled to receive compensation for damages. Our Beverly Hills bicycle accident attorneys are available 24/7 to discuss your case and determine whether you may have a case on your hands.
- Car Accidents: Beverly Hills is well known for congested streets and aggressive drivers. 2017 was the most dangerous year for drivers, as near record highs were established for injuries and fatalities. 422 people were injured that year and data suggests this trend will only worsen. If you or a loved one suffered injuries in a car accident due to another party’s negligence, a Beverly Hills car accident attorney at our firm will recover all the compensation you are entitled to for your losses.
- Burn Injury Accidents: Wildfires can cause widespread destruction in an instant, but the majority of burn accidents are caused by daily activities, such as cigarette smoking and cooking accidents. Furthermore, many serious burn accidents are caused by defective products. If you have suffered burn injuries because of a faulty product or due to someone’s negligent or deliberately harmful acts, please contact a Beverly Hills burn injury attorney as soon as possible.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents: Sexual assault, intoxicated drivers, and countless instances of physical violence have all become synonymous with these ridesharing giants. Until recently, Uber and Lyft were not legally responsible for the criminal or negligent acts of their drivers. However, with the passing of California Senate Bill AB5, the rules and regulations affecting how ridesharing claims are handled will change drastically. A Beverly Hills ridesharing accident attorney at our firm understands the AB5 law and is available to successfully handle your Uber and/or Lyft accident claim.
- Wrongful Death: Please accept our condolences if you have lost a loved one due to negligence or deliberate acts of malice. Our team of wrongful death attorneys will handle your wrongful death claim with dignity and respect. We will make sure that justice is served on your loved one’s behalf, and we will recover all the damages you and your family are entitled to.
- E-Scooter Accidents: E-scooters are cheap, quick, and convenient. However, they are stirring up a fair amount of controversy due to how dangerous they can be. In fact, thousands of people suffered broken bones, concussions, and other serious injuries in the last few years alone. The city of Beverly Hills is one of the most vocal, anti-e-scooter cities in the state of California. As of now, e-scooters have been completely banned in the city. If you have suffered injuries in Beverly Hills after an e-scooter accident, you have a right to hold the guilty party responsible for your injuries.
- Spinal Cord Injury Accidents: It goes without saying that a spinal cord injury is physically, emotionally, and financially devastating. These injuries have the potential to cause lifelong changes in strength, tactile sensation, and other crucial bodily functions. For the most part, spinal cord injuries are caused by severe acts of negligence. Due to the costly medical care and permanent changes associated with spinal cord injuries, damages may be much higher than other types of personal injury claims. If you or a loved one has suffered a spinal cord injury, the team of Beverly Hills spinal cord injury attorneys will recover all the compensation owed to you.
- Dog Bites: Beverly Hills has very strict laws regarding liability for dog owners whose animals bite someone. In short, as long as you were bitten in a public place or while lawfully on someone’s private property, the dog owner will be responsible for any injuries caused to you. If you or a loved one were a victim of a dog attack, a dog bite attorney at our firm is here to seek justice and financial compensation on your behalf.
- Food Delivery Accidents: Food delivery drivers are treated as independent contractors. This means, among other things, that employers could avoid liability for the negligent actions of their delivery drivers. If you were involved in an accident with a food delivery driver, you need to contact an experienced Beverly Hills food delivery accident attorney as soon as possible.
- Brain Injury Accidents: Brain injuries may be caused by car accidents, physical altercations, medical malpractice, and more. However, the effects on a victim are unpredictable, lifelong, and will always involve costly medical treatment. Furthermore, due to the delicate and mysterious nature of the human brain, most brain injury victims will literally never be the same after suffering this type of injury.
- Pedestrian Accidents: As mentioned, the city of Beverly Hills has struggled with car and bicycle accidents in recent years. Unfortunately, pedestrians have also been affected. Between 2007-20017, 8 pedestrians were killed and almost 800 more were injured. Data suggests that the most dangerous areas for pedestrians are the Wilshire, Olympic, and Santa Monica corridors. If you were involved in a pedestrian accident and would like to seek compensation for damages, our Beverly Hills personal injury attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers are available 24/7 to provide you with legal assistance.
How Do Personal Injury Claims Work?
Personal injury claims are notoriously diverse and encompass many types of accidents. Determining liability after any type of accident is a complex process, especially when multiple parties are involved. However, two important considerations a Beverly Hills personal injury attorney will assess are whether you suffered injuries and whether your injuries were caused by negligence. In order to recover compensation, you must have been injured and your injuries must have been caused by negligence.
For the most part, liability is based on negligence. This means that any individual, entity, or group who caused you to suffer injuries will generally be held responsible for your injuries and the resulting damages.
Negligence, in the broadest sense, is a form of careless or reckless behavior. What exactly does that mean? Let’s use motor vehicle accidents as an example. A few common examples of driver negligence include behaviors, such as:
- Texting and driving
- Driving while under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Disobeying traffic laws
Negligent behavior, whether it was committed by a truck driver, bus driver, or an Uber driver, is always unacceptable. All drivers must drive safely. Every driver has a duty of care while behind the wheel. This means that all drivers are legally responsible for using reasonable care while operating a vehicle. In other words, they must obey traffic laws, signals, and focus on the road. Let’s continue with truck accidents as an example. If you were injured by a truck driver, you must be able to show that their negligence was the direct cause of your injuries. The legal standard for negligence in the state of California will consider the following elements when determining liability:
- The truck driver owed you a duty of care
- The truck driver breached his or her duty of care through negligence, and
- The truck driver’s negligence was the primary cause of the injuries you sustained.
A duty of care doesn’t just apply to truck drivers. Many individuals are legally bound to be careful. Bus drivers, for example, have a duty of care to other drivers, as well as the passengers they are transporting. Property owners are also required to maintain reasonably safe conditions on their premises.
Please read below to learn more about the types of cases our team of Beverly Hills personal injury attorneys can help you with.
How Much Compensation Am I Entitled to?
This is one of the most difficult questions for any personal injury attorney to answer. The short answer is that there is no such thing as a predictable or guaranteed settlement amount. Compensation will depend largely on the circumstances of your accident. In other words, the seriousness of your injuries and the way your injuries were caused will all be taken into consideration.
For the most part, the more severe your injuries are, the higher your damages will be. Furthermore, if the party that injured you was especially negligent or deliberately caused you harm, you will likely be entitled to additional compensation.
Compensatory damages are meant to compensate an injury victim for any injuries and losses sustained after filing a personal injury claim. In general, you must prove that you were injured in order to be entitled to compensation. If you did not sustain any injuries, there will typically be no need for any damages.
Compensatory damages are generally divided into the following categories:
- Economic: Economic damages include compensation for tangible losses, such as property loss, lost wages, and medical bills. This is intended to compensate a victim for losses a dollar amount can readily be attached to. Economic damages are calculated by determining the amount of out-of-pocket losses an injury victim has or will expect to incur as a result of their injuries.
- Non-Economic: Non-economic damages include intangible losses, such as emotional distress and pain and suffering. This covers losses that are thought of as subjective and will not necessarily cover out-of-pocket losses. As mentioned, non-economic damages may include compensation for emotional distress, but may also include additional compensation for loss of enjoyment of life and more.
- Punitive: Punitive damages is separate from compensatory damages and is intended to punish a wrongdoer for negligent or deliberately harmful behavior. Depending on the circumstances, a California court may award punitive damages. Punitive damages are a form of punishment and are only awarded when a defendant’s behavior is especially harmful or deliberate in nature. Punitive damages are rare and only incorporate about 5 percent of verdicts. Furthermore, there is no set standard for calculating or awarding punitive damages. Punitive damages are awarded at the court’s discretion and will depend entirely on the specific circumstances of your claim.
West Coast Trial Lawyers Is Here to Help
If you have sustained injuries as a result of someone’s negligence or deliberate acts of malice, you have the right to hold the guilty party responsible for your losses. A Beverly Hills personal injury attorney at West Coast Trial Lawyers can recover compensation for the losses you have suffered.