Fresno Personal Injury Attorney
Get a Free Consultation With a Fresno Personal Injury Lawyer Today
Who will be held accountable for my accident? Am I qualified to acquire recoverable compensation to cover for my losses? Who do I reach out to for help? These are some of many questions that people may think about after getting into an accident. If you have been involved in an accident and are now facing physical and/or mental anguish, please accept our deepest condolences. No one should ever go through such a traumatic experience.
With the goal of protecting and serving clients who have undergone a difficult time coping with an accident caused by a negligent party, West Coast Trial Lawyers has continued to make successful efforts to ensure that justice is served. West Coast Trial Lawyers was founded in 2014 by Neama Rahmani and Allen Patatanyan. Neama is the president of the law firm and has experience as a federal prosecutor with the United States Attorney’s Office and as Director of Enforcement of the Ethics Commission. Neama has tackled thousands of cases as an attorney of record and has helped recover over $1 billion in settlements and judgments for his clients.
Allen is the managing partner of West Coast Trial Lawyers. He has spent over a decade fighting for victims involved in accident-related injuries and aggressively pursues those who caused his clients harm. Throughout the years as a personal injury attorney, Allen has helped his clients secure tens of millions of dollars in settlements and judgments.
Our Fresno personal injury attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases. With our track record of winning more than 5,000 cases and recovering $1 billion in settlements for our clients, we have been acknowledged as one of the top personal injury law firms in Fresno.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our 24/7 legal team by calling (559) 272-9881 or emailing [email protected] to schedule a free consultation at our Fresno personal injury law firm. We are always here to answer any questions you may have about personal injury claims and compensation that may be owed to you.
Types of Cases That We Handle
- Car Accidents. Compared to this time last year and in 2019, Fresno has had more traffic collisions. A 2021 report indicated that there was a hit and run accident involving a driver and a pedestrian. The pedestrian was attempting to walk over to the bus stop, however, she was struck by an oncoming vehicle. The driver in the vehicle escaped, thus contributing to a hit and run accident. The driver was later found and arrested. Another report indicated that a negligent driver was being chased by police. The driver slammed into multiple vehicles during the chase, which resulted in a large fire and 2 lives being lost. With the rate of accidents continuing to worsen, police are urging drivers to stop speeding, texting and driving, and driving while under the influence. If you were involved in a motor vehicle accident in Fresno and would like to pursue legal actions against the party at-fault, West Coast Trial Lawyers has experienced Fresno car accident attorneys who are available 24/7 to offer legal assistance.
- Bike Accidents. Fresno is no stranger to bicycle accidents. The city has faced multiple cases of accidents involving cars and bicycles colliding into one another. A car and bicycle accident occurred in east central Fresno, where the bicyclist was attempting to beat traffic and cross the street. The driver did not notice the bicyclist nearby, which resulted in the two parties crashing into each other. The bicyclist was taken to a hospital and was expected to survive his injuries. The driver of the vehicle was not charged. This is one of many types of bicycle accidents that may occur on the street. Since bicyclists are often left vulnerable, they typically will endure serious injuries. If you are a victim of a bicycle accident and would like to file a lawsuit against the party at-fault, our Fresno bicycle accident attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases and are confident that we will deliver a good outcome to your settlement.
- Motorcycle Accidents. In 2021, there have been 4 deadly motorcycle accidents that have occurred. The most recent report involved a motorcyclist who was speeding at Harvey Avenue. She tried making a stop at an intersection on Maple and Harvey Avenue, however, she failed to stop on time and was hit by another driver. The motorcyclist was in critical condition and was taken to a hospital, where she later died. Speed continues to play a major factor in the cause of a motorcycle accident. We heavily encourage motorcyclists to maintain safe speeds that do not exceed the posted speed limit in order to create an environment that will allow motorists and riders to travel safely. If you were a victim of a motorcycle accident, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim against the party at-fault for your losses. Our Fresno motorcycle accident attorneys will help get you the compensation and justice you deserve.
- Pedestrian Accidents. In 2018, 35 fatal accidents occurred in Fresno, with a majority of them involving pedestrians. The city has experienced multiple hit and run accidents, with many of these incidents occurring on crosswalks. Even if a pedestrian is permitted to walk on a crosswalk, it is still suggested for them to keep an eye out for oncoming vehicles. Unfortunately, negligent drivers may still continue to drive regardless of whether they are given the green light or not. If you are a victim of a pedestrian accident, our experienced Fresno pedestrian accident attorneys are readily available to offer you legal assistance. With our track record of recovering more than $1 billion in settlements, we are confident that we will deliver a good outcome to your case.
- Truck Accidents. It is common for driver’s to develop a fear of driving next to a truck. A truck is large in size and has the ability to cause a massive accident. In Fresno, there was a report of two semi-trucks colliding with one another. Three other vehicles were also involved in this incident. If you were a victim of a truck accident and would like to file a personal injury claim against the party at-fault, our Fresno truck accident attorneys will help you get the justice you deserve.
- Burn Injury Accidents. Multiple factors may cause a burn injury, including motor vehicle accidents, fires, hot objects or liquids, steam, electrical currents, radiation, chemicals, and sunlight. If you are suffering from a burn injury due to the negligence of another party, you may be eligible to file a claim against them. Our Fresno burn injury attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases. We will guide you through the process of building a strong claim and get you fair compensation that will help cover your damages.
- Bus Accidents. Bus drivers are required to provide a duty of care to passengers once they step foot onto the bus. If a bus driver is unable to deliver a safe trip due to their negligence or the negligence of another driver, it could cause multiple people to sustain serious injuries, or even death. In Fresno, a school bus was involved in a four-vehicle accident. A total of 15 people were involved, including 11 students and the bus driver. A majority of the students suffered minor injuries, while two other students were taken to the hospital to receive treatment for their moderate injuries. Those involved in a bus accident may be qualified to file a lawsuit against the party at-fault. Our experienced Fresno bus accident attorneys are readily available to offer a lending hand to bus accident victims. Contact us today to get started on your personal injury claim.
- E-Scooter Accidents. Shared e-scooters typically do not offer protection, such as a helmet or elbow or knee pads, to riders. This makes it more likely for the rider to sustain severe injuries, especially to the head and brain. E-scooters are also small, which can make it difficult for driver’s to notice a rider nearby. The city of Fresno has had reports of e-scooter accidents, with most of them involving a car and an e-scooter. One of the most recent reports involved a young boy who was left in critical condition after getting into an accident with a car while riding an e-scooter. Victims of an e-scooter accident are encouraged to file a report against the party at-fault in order to acquire economic and non-economic damages. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Fresno e-scooter accident attorneys will help strengthen your claim and negotiate with insurance companies to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Spinal Cord Injury Accidents. Spinal cord injuries can drastically alter a person’s overall quality of life. Common symptoms that have been reported include paralysis, loss of control of the bowel or bladder, difficulty breathing, loss of sensation, or pain. Each spinal cord injury may vary depending on which vertebral segment is damaged. Generally, spinal cord injuries are caused by motor vehicle accidents, sports-related activities, slip and fall accidents, and violence. SCI victims are often left dealing with financial burdens as they are expected to consistently receive medical care in order to maintain a more comfortable lifestyle. Those who are suffering from a spinal cord injury due to the negligence of another party may be entitled to receive recoverable compensation that will help cover for their medical bills, along with other damages. Our Fresno spinal cord injury attorneys are available 24/7 to offer legal assistance. We will get you the justice you deserve.
- Food Delivery Accidents. Oftentimes, food delivery drivers will accept multiple requests in order to make money quicker. However, they are placing themselves in a difficult situation as they are pressured into delivering food on or before the estimated time of arrival. Failing to deliver an order at a customer’s address on time will likely result in the food delivery driver receiving a low rating, which could be detrimental to their job. This is one of the main reasons why a food delivery driver may feel compelled to speed. Regardless, there is no excuse to break the law. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Fresno food delivery accident attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases. With our track record of winning more than 5,000 cases, we are confident that we will deliver a good outcome to your settlement.
- Dog Bite. Dog owners are required to train their dogs to behave, especially when out in public. If a dog owner is influencing their pet to act aggressively or appear intimidating towards strangers, then it could likely lead to a dog bite incident. In the United States, over 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year. Furthermore, an estimate of 800,000 people receive medical care after a dog bite. If you were bitten by a dog and would like to file a personal injury claim against the dog owner for negligence, our Fresno dog bite attorneys are readily available to assist you with your case. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation at our Fresno personal injury law firm. Contact us today to get started on your claim.
- Brain Injury Accidents. Leading causes of a brain injury include motor vehicle accidents, sports-related activities, slip and fall accidents, and violence. Any violent blow to the head can cause a serious head or brain injury that will require immediate medical care. Recovery may be possible depending on whether the injury was mild, moderate, or severe. If you are suffering from a brain injury due to the reckless actions committed by another party, our Fresno brain injury attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers will get you the justice you deserve.
- Premises Liability Accidents. Property owners are required to provide a safe environment for visitors to enter. If a property owner is aware of hazardous conditions that are present on their premises, they are either required to notify visitors of the problem or must resolve it before visitors enter the area. If you were involved in a premises liability incident and would like to pursue legal actions against the property owner, West Coast Trial Lawyers has Fresno premises liability attorneys who are devoted to get you a maximum settlement amount that will help cover all of your damages. With our track record of recovering more than $1 billion in settlements, we are confident that we will meet or exceed your expectations.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents. Uber and Lyft provide convenient transportation services to residents and visitors in Fresno. However, there have been multiple reports of motor vehicle accidents, physical assaults, and sexual assoccurring during rideshare trips. If you were involved in an Uber and Lyft accident, our Fresno Uber and Lyft accident attorneys are available 24/7 to offer you legal assistance.
- Wrongful Death. Please accept our condolences if you have lost a loved one due to negligence or deliberate acts of malice. Our team of Fresno wrongful death attorneys will handle your wrongful death claim with dignity and respect. We will make sure that justice is served on your loved one’s behalf, and we will recover all the damages you and your family are entitled to.
Evidence to Include in Your Personal Injury Claim
If you are interested in pursuing legal actions against a negligent party for causing an accident, you will need to gather important evidence that will help you acquire fair compensation.This can be difficult to do on your own, which is where we come in to lend a helping hand. Our experienced Fresno personal injury attorneys will guide you step by step into building a strong claim that will help get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Below, we have created a list of essential factors you may need to incorporate into your personal injury claim in order to be granted economic and non-economic damages.
- Photos and videos. Photos and videos can play a crucial role in showing proof of the defendant committing negligent acts. We suggest you include images or footage of your injuries, damages, and the location of where the accident took place.
- Witness information. If you notice any witnesses nearby, you should request to obtain their contact information. Witness testimonies will immensely help strengthen your claim.
- Police report. Typically, if an accident involves any injuries or damages, the police and paramedics will arrive at the scene of the incident. Once both parties are present, the police will conduct an official police report, while the paramedics will cater to those who are in need of immediate medical attention. You should request to have a copy of the official police report sent to you as proof that there was, in fact, an accident that took place. It will also indicate other additional information that could help support your claim.
- Your Perspective. Make sure you write down exactly what you saw in your journal or diary. Do not forget to include the date and time in your entry.
- Other information. Document the other party’s driver’s license, license plate number, contact information, and insurance information. You should also ask the police officer(s) for their name(s) and badge number(s). Lastly, if you made any doctor or hospital visits due to the injuries caused by the accident, you may request to acquire a copy of your medical records to use as proof that you were, in fact, injured.
Gathering Evidence for a Personal Injury Claim
The statute of limitations to file a personal injury claim is two years starting from the initial date of the incident. If the victim does not file a claim before the deadline, then they will no longer be qualified to pursue legal actions against the party at-fault for causing the accident. However, there are some exceptions that may allow the victim some extra time to submit a claim. The victim must be:
- A minor.
- Legally insane.
West Coast Trial Lawyers Is Always Here to Help
If you were involved in an accident that was caused by a negligent party, you may be entitled to receive recoverable compensation, such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Fresno personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 to help you get started on filing a personal injury claim.