Solana Beach Personal Injury Attorney
Call a Solana Beach Attorney for a Free Consultation
West Coast Trial Lawyers was discovered in 2014 by Neama Rahmani and Allen Patatanyan. Neama is the President and co-founder of the law firm. He was a former federal prosecutor for the United States Attorney’s Office. During his time there, he successfully prosecuted murders and drug dealers. When Neama worked as a Director of Enforcement of the Los Angeles City Ethics Commission, he would oversee and investigate elected officials and the highest elected employees in Los Angeles. This also included the Mayor and City Council. He fulfilled this position until he decided to become a trial lawyer. Neama has substantial trial experience, guiding over 170 attorneys in litigation against many large companies worldwide. Throughout Neama’s career, he has helped his clients obtain over $1 billion in settlements and judgments.
Allen Patatanyan is the Managing Partner and co-founder of West Coast Trial Lawyers. Allen was recruited by O’Melveny & Myers, one of the largest law firms in Los Angeles. There, he worked with Neama Rahmani. Together, they represented large companies. Allen has had over a decades worth of experience fighting on behalf of clients and pursued those at-fault for causing harm with his signature dogged and deterministic charm. Throughout his career, Allen has helped more than thousands of people acquire millions of dollars in settlements and judgments.
Neama and Allen formed West Coast Trial Lawyers with the main objective of helping victims of personal injury. West Coast Trial Lawyers has offices available in many parts of California, including Solana Beach. Our Solana Beach personal injury attorneys have won over 5,000 cases and acquired more than $1 billion in settlements for our clients. Due to our accomplishments in the legal field, we have been acknowledged as one of the top personal injury law firms in Solana Beach.
If you would like to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation, please contact our 24/7 legal team by calling (858) 283-5917 or emailing [email protected]. Rest assured, there are no financial risks involved in our services. You will not be charged with any fees until we settle your case.
- Dog Bites: Dog owners have the responsibility to train their dogs to behave at home and in public. If the dog owner does not implement proper care and training, then it is likely that their dog will misbehave and become aggressive. This can make it more likely for a dog to bite a visitor entering their premises. Dog owners will be held liable for a dog bite, unless the attack was intentionally provoked by the visitor or stranger. To learn more about whether or not you have a dog bite case on your hands, contact our expert team of Solana Beach personal injury attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers today.
- Car Accidents: With roads being occupied every single day, it is inevitable for a car accident to occur. Laws have been established to keep the streets safe, however, negligent drivers continue to perform reckless actions, such as speeding, texting, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If you were a victim of a car accident and would like to pursue a lawsuit against the driver at-fault for your damages, West Coast Trial Lawyers has Solana Beach car accident attorneys that will make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Pedestrian Accidents: Under California Vehicle Code 21950, drivers are expected to yield “the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the roadway within any marked crosswalk or within any unmarked crosswalk at an intersection.” Those who choose to ignore this rule will increase the likelihood of a pedestrian accident. Victims are highly urged to contact a pedestrian accident attorney in order to acquire compensation to cover for any damages resulting from the incident. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases. We are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have regarding your claim and available damages.
- Motorcycle Accidents: Motorcycles carry intense speed. With lack of proper control and knowledge, motorcyclists could put themselves in a serious accident. Other drivers could also trigger a motorcycle accident if they are not carefully checking their surroundings prior to making a turn or lane change. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident and would like to file a lawsuit against the party at-fault, West Coast Trial Lawyers will make sure you get maximum compensation for your losses. This includes medical expenses, emotional distress, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
- Bike Accidents: Unfortunately, many vehicles occupy a bike lane without paying too much attention to the bicyclists. These drivers are displaying acts of negligence by not cautiously observing the road before making the decision to change into another lane. This is a dangerous situation that can result in an injury or death. If you were a victim of a bike accident, our legal team is available 24/7 to take in calls and emails.
- Wrongful Death: Losing a loved one unexpectedly in an accident can be an extremely traumatic event. During your time of grief, you may be questioning yourself on what you think you should do to get justice for your deceased loved one. West Coast Trial Lawyers has Solana Beach wrongful death attorneys who have successfully acquired over $1 billion in settlements for clients. If you are interested in hiring an attorney to help you with your situation, contact our legal team to set up a free consultation.
- Bus Accidents: Solana Beach has 9 bus routes available to transport people to their destinations. Bus drivers are expected to make sure that passengers are well taken care of while on the road. Failure to complete this task could result in an accident. Negligent drivers may also contribute to a bus accident by attempting to speed or cut a bus. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our expert team of Solana Beach personal injury attorneys have a reputation of exceeding expectations and getting victims the compensation they deserve for damages caused by a collision. We have been recognized as one of the top personal injury law firms in Solana Beach due to our high success rate in winning cases for our clients. Book a free consultation with us today!
- Truck Accidents: Many people fear to drive near a truck due to its large size and capability of creating serious accidents. This is why drivers tend to speed or cut off a truck just to get by. However, performing reckless stunts like this could increase the chances of a truck accident. Victims of a truck accident are encouraged to reach out to an attorney to help them get compensation for any losses suffered by the collision. West Coast Trial Lawyers has Solana Beach truck accident attorneys who have won over 5,000 cases, which accumulates to more than $1 billion won in settlements and judgments for clients. Reach out to us today to schedule a free consultation with our truck accident attorneys!
- Burn Injury Accidents: Burn injuries are very painful. Any place that carries equipment capable of heating food or liquid could potentially damage the skin. If you would like to file a lawsuit against the party at-fault for your burn injury, West Coast Trial Lawyers will help you get the justice you deserve for your losses.
- Spinal Cord Injury Accidents: Spinal cord injuries are likely to occur in various types of accidents, such as car accidents, motorcycle accidents, pedestrian accidents, and e-scooter accidents. Any forceful impact on your back may cause serious damage to your spinal cord. West Coast Trial Lawyers will make sure you get the maximum financial and emotional compensation you deserve for any damages caused by the accident. This includes medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents: Ridesharing companies, such as Uber and Lyft, have made it convenient for people to travel. However, many Uber and Lyft drivers were found committing negligent acts while having a passenger in the vehicle. Several ridesharing drivers were reportedly under the influence of drugs or alcohol, while others were found speeding to avoid going over the estimated drop off time. Either of these actions can result in an accident. Victims of an Uber and Lyft accident are highly recommended to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to help them file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. Schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our Solana Beach personal injury law firm today.
- Brain Injury Accidents: Many factors can contribute to a brain injury, such as a car accident, motorcycle accident, sports-related injury, and a slip and fall accident. It is important to get checked by a medical professional as soon as possible to get a treatment plan started. Brain injury victims may potentially refrain from wanting to get treatment due to high costs of doctor visits, prescriptions, and procedures. However, if the injury was caused by another individual or company, then a brain injury lawsuit can be filed to acquire compensation. The amount of damages awarded can be used to cover for any expenses relating to the accident. If you are a victim of a brain injury and would like to file a lawsuit against the at-fault individual or company, West Coast Trial Lawyers has Solana Beach brain injury attorneys with over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases. We will help you get the justice you deserve for your losses.
- Food Delivery Accidents: People like the idea of ordering food through mobile apps due to its convenience. Instead of having to go out and buy food yourself, you could just request a food delivery driver to do it for you. Apps, such as Postmates and DoorDash, provide customers with several restaurant options to order food from. Once the customer has completed their purchase, they are given an estimated time frame of when the driver will arrive at the given address. Even though this provides benefits for users, it can create a lot of stress for food delivery drivers since they are always expected to arrive on time. Due to these expectations, it will trigger them to perform negligent actions, such as speeding, to make it on time for a delivery. This could increase the chances of an accident from occurring. If you are a victim of a food delivery accident, West Coast Trial Lawyers is available 24/7 to answer any questions relating to your case. We are confident that you will not be disappointed with our services.
- Premises Liability Accidents: Property owners are expected to do regular maintenance checks. Throughout this process, they could identify products that may appear to be damaged. They are expected to fix this issue to prevent people from getting harmed while on their premises. Unfortunately, there are property owners who are aware of their defective equipment or furniture, but choose not to do anything about it. If an individual gets injured or killed from that specific object, then the property owner will most likely face serious consequences. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Solana Beach premises liability attorneys will help you get the compensation you deserve for damages caused by a property owner’s negligence. This includes medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Contact us today for a free consultation.
- E-scooter Accidents: Since e-scooters are easily accessible in several cities across California, many people have taken the initiative to use this motorized vehicle to make a quick trip to their desired location. Even though this provides a lot of convenience for those who do not feel like walking, it may also become a threat to everyone nearby. Many people worry about inexperienced individuals using an e-scooter since they may be unaware of how to properly operate it. Many reports have indicated that riders have either faced serious injuries or death. If you or a loved one were injured by an e-scooter rider and would like to file a lawsuit against the individual or company at-fault, West Coast Trial Lawyers will make sure you get the justice you deserve. We have Solana Beach e-scooter accident attorneys with extensive legal experience in handling personal injury cases. We are confident that we will be able to get you the compensation you deserve.
Damages in a Personal Injury Case
If you were injured as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for your losses. Damages are a type of monetary award that is determined by a court of law to help compensate an aggrieved individual for any losses or injuries sustained as a result of someone’s negligence.
Economic damages are intended to compensate a plaintiff for losses that a dollar amount can readily be attached to. Economic damages are calculated by determining the amount of out-of-pocket losses an aggrieved individual has or will expect to incur as a result of their injuries, such as medical bills, lost wages, and loss of earning capacity.
Non-economic damages are essentially intended to cover losses that are thought of as subjective and will not necessarily cover out-of-pocket losses. Non-economic damages may include compensation for emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and pain and suffering.
Punitive damages are intended as punishment and are only awarded when a defendant’s behavior is especially harmful. It is relatively rare and only incorporated in 5 percent of all verdicts. Punitive damages are awarded at the court’s discretion and will vary depending on the specific circumstances of a case.
Limitations for Damages in California
There usually is no real cap on compensatory damages after a personal injury claim. The courts will grant any amount they believe would make sense. However, medical malpractice may be the only exception. For this type of situation, the limit for non-economic losses is $250,000.
If you have sustained injuries as a result of another person’s carelessness, you have the right to hold that individual responsible. A Solana Beach personal injury attorney at West Coast Trial Lawyers can help you get the justice you deserve for your losses.