Pasadena Personal Injury Lawyer
Get a Free Consultation With a Pasadena Lawyer
West Coast Trial Lawyers was founded by Neama Rahmani and Allen Patatanyan. Neama has substantial trial experience and previously served as a federal prosecutor for the Southern District of California. He has successfully handled thousands of cases as attorney of record. Additionally, Neama has secured over $1 billion in settlements and judgments for his clients. Allen has spent over a decade representing clients against negligent individuals who have caused them and their families’ harm. He has helped thousands of clients receive millions of dollars in settlements and judgments.
Both Neama and Allen chose to create West Coast Trial Lawyers with the primary goal of helping personal injury victims get the compensation and justice they deserve. They fight for the little guy. They serve as their voice. Currently, West Coast Trial Lawyers is ranked as one of the top personal injury law firms in Pasadena. We have handled more than 5,000 cases, resulting in over $1 billion in settlements.
We are located in various cities across California, including Pasadena. Our Pasadena personal injury law firm has a goal of making sure that clients have a satisfactory end-result to their settlements. Our Pasadena personal injury attorneys devote their practice to helping personal injury victims.
If you have experienced a personal injury and want to file a lawsuit against the individual who caused it, it is highly suggested that you reach out to an experienced Pasadena personal injury attorney. Our Pasadena personal injury law firm is readily available to contact for legal guidance and help. Reach out to our legal staff every day of the week by calling (626) 412-8157 or emailing [email protected]Types Of Cases We Handle
- Car Accidents. With car accidents being one of the most common causes of an accident in Pasadena, it is important to know what you can do if you are involved in one. Reach out to West Coast Trial Lawyers, the #1 personal injury law firm in Pasadena.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Motorcycles combine intense speed and lack of protection, which is a dangerous combination if an individual is not experienced with handling this type of vehicle. If you were involved in a motorcycle accident, our Pasadena personal injury firm will give you legal guidance on what you need to do to increase your chances of winning your case.
- Pedestrian Accidents. With so many vehicles being driven on a day-to-day basis in Pasadena, pedestrians are more at risk of getting involved in an accident with a negligent driver. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we will help you fight against the individual at-fault for causing injuries that have dramatically impacted your life.
- Bus Accidents. Pasadena offers many bus routes for individuals who need to go from one place to another. Unfortunately, as a bus is operating on the roads, it can get into an accident with a negligent driver who is recklessly attempting to pass by. This could result in a serious collision that may affect the bus driver, passengers, and even the reckless driver. Our Pasadena bus accident attorneys will devote themselves to your case and make sure you have the highest chance of winning your lawsuit.
- Bicycle Accidents. Since bicycles are small in size compared to cars, they may often be unnoticeable on the road. It is the driver's duty to make sure that they are cautious and look at their surroundings before proceeding with their lane change. Failure to do so will potentially result in a bicycle accident. If you were hit by another vehicle while riding in the bike zone, you are permitted to file a lawsuit against the at-fault driver. At our Pasadena personal injury law firm, we have attorneys with years of experience that handle these types of cases.
- Scooter Accidents. E-Scooters are difficult to operate if an individual has little to no experience using one. An E-scooter rider could accidentally accelerate into heavy traffic or crash into pedestrians on the street. Overall, an E-scooter is a risky vehicle to use for transportation. If you were injured in a scooter accident and want to file a lawsuit against the at-fault individual, our Pasadena scooter accident attorneys are readily available to provide you with legal guidance.
- Truck Accidents. With so much pressure bestowed on truck drivers to keep up with their schedules, it may cause them to speed and drive without enough sleep. These two negligent factors combined may result in a trucking accident. If you were injured by a negligent truck driver, our Pasadena personal injury law firm has several truck accident attorneys with years of legal experience. We will help you get the maximum compensation you deserve for the injuries suffered in an accident.
- Uber/Lyft Accidents. Pasadena has a population of over 140,131 residents, and several of them use transportation services such as Uber or Lyft to go from one place to another. Even though these services provide a lot of convenience, they could also cause unfortunate circumstances, leaving passengers with serious injuries. If you were involved in an Uber/Lyft accident and want to file a lawsuit against the at-fault individual, our Pasadena Uber/Lyft accident attorneys will make sure that your case is properly handled.
- Premises Liability. This type of accident occurs when you least expect it. It is always the property owner’s duty to make sure that their facility is safe to use. Failure to do so may result in injury or even death. Individuals harmed by faulty property conditions are permitted to file a lawsuit against the at-fault property owner. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our experienced Pasadena premises liability attorneys will make sure that you receive maximum compensation for injuries caused by the incident.
- Wrongful Death. If you lost a loved one due to a wrongful death, you may be able to take legal action against the individual who was at-fault for their death. As a victim’s heir, you may file a lawsuit against the defendant for losses suffered from the incident. To get help from an experienced Pasadena wrongful death attorney, reach out to West Coast Trial Lawyers. We are ranked as the #1 personal injury law firm in Pasadena. Our Pasadena wrongful death attorneys will devote themselves to help you get the justice you deserve.
- Dog Bite. Dogs are the most common choice of pet that many families keep in their homes. Unfortunately, many dogs are not trained properly, thus resulting in aggressive or reckless behavior towards others. If you were bitten by a dog and are interested in pressing charges against the owner, our Pasadena personal injury law firm has experienced dog bite attorneys that are readily available to assist.
- Brain Injuries. This type of injury could have been caused by several circumstances, such as car accidents, motorcycle accidents, scooter accidents, and so on. It is important to get legal help from a skilled Pasadena brain injury attorney to receive maximum compensation for losses suffered from the accident you were involved in.
- Spinal Cord Injuries. This injury can be caused by a variety of accidents. The most common way for an individual to suffer a spinal cord injury is from a car accident. If you fell victim to a spinal cord injury due to the negligent acts of another individual, reach out to our Pasadena personal injury law firm for more information on what you can do to win your case.
- Burn Injuries. Burn injuries can happen anywhere. This includes your kitchen, office space, or car. You could burn your hand on a stove or have engine problems in your car that could result in a fire. Additionally, a faulty office product may cause flames to burst. If you suffered a burn injury and need legal guidance on how to handle this situation, reach out to our Pasadena personal injury law firm for more information.
- Food Delivery Accidents. Food delivery services have become a preferred go-to in Pasadena. Individuals love the idea of staying at home while having someone else get food for them. However, delivery drivers are generally put under stress to meet their deadlines. Failure to perform may put their job on the line. This is primarily why food delivery drivers can become reckless drivers. If you were hit by a food delivery car and want to press charges for damages, our Pasadena food delivery accident attorneys will make sure that you get the maximum financial and emotional compensation you deserve.
Avoid These Mistakes During A Lawsuit
Once you file a lawsuit against the party who is at-fault for causing the accident, you must monitor your actions to ensure that you don’t make mistakes that could negatively affect your claim throughout this process. You must avoid:
- Speaking about your case to anyone besides the Pasadena accident attorney that is assigned to you.
- Not following through with the treatment plan the physician made for you.
- Using social media to post about what is going on with your lawsuit. This includes posting pictures relating to your case.
- Confirming friend requests from individuals you do not know in real life after you have started the process of filing a lawsuit.
- Making agreements to settlement offers before making a full recovery on your injury.
- Getting in contact with the at-fault party.
- Speaking to the insurance company and having the conversation recorded.
- Not putting your social media accounts on private.
- Making agreements to settlement offers that do not include all damages.
Gathering Evidence For A Personal Injury Claim
If a Pasadena citizen has suffered from a personal injury accident, he or she will need convincing evidence to help win their case. It is highly suggested to gather:
- Photos and videos. Having visual proof of your injury and the accident scene will be very beneficial to your case. This will make it easier for you to provide a clear description of the accident and the injuries you suffered to the judge or jury. You will greatly increase your chances of winning your case if you have physical proof of what actually happened.
- Documentation. Make sure you write down exactly what you saw before, during, and after the collision. Include the date and time that you believe it took place. If police officers were present at the scene, get their names or badge numbers. Additionally, if you were taken to a hospital to treat your injuries, you could use your medical records to show proof that you were physically or mentally harmed in the accident.
- Witnesses. If you are physically able to do so, look around to see if there are any bystanders. Ask them if they are interested in helping you out with your situation. If they agree to participate, it is highly recommended to take down their names and phone numbers. They will play a key role in providing convincing testimony to the court.
- Experienced Pasadena personal injury attorney. It is important to have a knowledgeable and experienced personal injury attorney guide you in the right direction and help win your case. They will ultimately help you get the maximum compensation you deserve for what you went through.
Compensatory Damages In A Pasadena Personal Injury Case
A majority of personal injury damages are identified as compensatory. This basically means that the plaintiff will be compensated for any tangible damages they lost due to the injury or accident. There are various types of compensatory damages that could be awarded to a personal injury victim, depending on the circumstances. These include:
- Medical Bills. Personal injury damages could include treatment for your injuries. This also includes compensation for future medical care you will need to continue taking care of your injury.
- Emotional Distress. The plaintiff may endure psychological effects from an injury they suffered in the accident. Factors that are related to emotional distress are anxiety, depression, fear, and sleep deprivation.
- Pain and Suffering. This may be identified as two different categories, which are physical and mental. Physical pain and suffering cover the plaintiff’s actual physical injuries endured in the accident. It also involves any future effects the victim may experience from the accident that was caused by the negligent defendant. Mental pain and suffering are related to emotional distress. The victim may show signs of anxiety, fear, anger, mental distress, depression, sleep deprivation, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), or a lack of appetite.
- Property damage. If the victim had any items damaged during the accident, they will qualify for compensation to repair or recover what was destroyed.
- Lost wages. Victims involved in accidents may lose their income due to various reasons preventing them from going back to work. This includes recovery from physical injury or mental anguish. The individual will be given compensation for the income they lost, along with the money they would have made in the future if they were not injured.
Punitive Damages In A Pasadena Personal Injury Case
Punitive damages are primarily awarded to punish the defendant for their egregious misconduct. If the defendant displayed an alarming amount of reckless or careless behaviors before and during the accident, the plaintiff may be awarded punitive damages on top of the normal compensatory damages they would already be entitled to. However, punitive damages are rarely given. Only 5 percent of personal injury claims include punitive damages.
Our Pasadena personal injury law firm is available 24/7 to help you handle your personal injury case. With more than 60 years of collective legal experience, our Pasadena personal injury attorneys are devoted to helping clients overcome their situation. We are committed to making sure that you receive the financial and emotional compensation you deserve for the injuries endured from your personal injury. There are no fees charged until your case has been won or settled. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation at our Pasadena law firm. Reach out to our legal team 24/7 by calling (626) 412-8157 or emailing [email protected]