San Francisco Personal Injury Lawyer
One Sansome Street, Suite 3500 San Francisco, California 94104
Phone Number: (415) 326-8794
EXPERT SAN FRANCISCO PERSONAL INJURY LAWYERSOur firm is known to have some of the most prolific personal injury attorneys in town. San Francisco residents have confided in our legal services for over 10 years and our bond is only getting stronger. We understand the immense pain and frustration these situations can bring not only to ourselves, friends, and family members, but to the community as a whole. WCTL has handled thousands of personal injury cases and negotiated over 1.5 billion dollars in settlements. Our San Francisco personal injury attorneys know when to take matters to trial and represent our clients with world-class legal representation. Call us any time, 24/7 at 213-927-3700 or filling out our quick contact form to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our San Francisco personal injury law firm. We are located on One Sansome Street, Suite 3500 in San Francisco, California.
Important Facts About San FranciscoSan Francisco is one of California's most densely populated cities in California. With about one million residents living together on 49.2 square miles of land, or about 7x7 miles, San Francisco has become a hub for booming tech, culture, and unfortunately, many accidents. Over 55,000 distracted driving tickets were issued by the California Highway Patrol just in 2021. Back In 2018, traffic accidents took 48 lives per every 100,000 people in the city by the bay. Now add raging wildfires, earthquakes and other natural disasters, you can say San Francisco is pretty accident prone. The city still boasts one of the highest property values in the country and claims to be the epicenter of innovation. With Twitter, Uber, Open A.I, Google and many more companies still headquartered in San Francisco county.
Why Hire WCTL for My Personal Injury Case in San Francisco?WCTL was founded by Neama Rahmani, a former federal prosecutor, super lawyer, and Harvard graduate. He prosecuted cartel kingpins on behalf of the U.S government and represented companies like Disney, Marriott and the Roman Catholic church during his time at O’Melveny & Myers. Neama has now built a top-rated personal injury law firm that continues to break records while representing clients against negligent defendants, giant corporations, and insurance companies. It's no secret that the best personal injury lawyers are found at West Coast Trial Lawyers. To schedule a free consultation at our San Francisco personal injury law firm today, reach out to our dedicated San Francisco personal injury attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers by calling 888-585-2793 or fill out our contact form.
Types of Accidents Our San Francisco Personal Injury Lawyers HandleOur San Francisco personal injury attorneys handle all types of serious and fatal personal injury cases across the bay area. Whether you were injured in a car accident or a family member has succumbed to fatal or life-threatening circumstances, we have the expertise, resources, and commitment necessary to win the maximum compensation for you and your loved ones' accident-related losses. We represent clients in cases involving:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Bus Accidents
- Burn Injury
- Dog Bites
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability
- Brain Injury
- Truck Accidents
- Food Delivery Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
What to Do After an Accident in San Francisco?Taking the correct initiatives after an accident can greatly impact the outcome of your personal injury claim. Below, we have listed essential tips that you should consider taking to increase your chances of constructing a strong case that may lead you to acquire fair compensation for damages.
- Call 911. If there were any injuries or damages involved, you should contact 911 immediately. The police will arrive at the scene of the accident and conduct an official police report. Paramedics may also be present to provide medical attention to those who may need it.
- Exchange information. You and the other party involved in the accident must share each other’s driver’s license details, license plate numbers, contact information, and insurance information.
- Gather evidence. Try to acquire as much evidence as possible. This includes taking pictures or video footage of your injuries, damages, and the location of where the accident took place. You should also document your perspective on the accident in a diary or journal. Make sure to include the date and time of when the accident took place. Lastly, you should request a copy of the police report and medical records relating to injuries you sustained from the accident.
- Find a witness. If you notice any witnesses nearby, you should ask them for their consent to get their contact information. Witness testimonies can help support your personal injury claim.
- Visit a doctor. After the accident, you should make an appointment to get checked by a doctor. Regardless of how minor or moderate your injury is, it is ideal to get examined in order to rule out any serious injuries, especially those that are internal.
- Contact an attorney. An expert San Francisco personal injury attorney can help you by building up your claim, negotiating with insurance companies, and getting you the compensation you deserve for your losses.
How Do You Determine Liability?Liability is based on negligence. This means that a negligent individual, entity, or group can be held liable for any injuries you’ve sustained, as well as the resulting emotional and economical effects, from their actions. As it relates to personal injury claims, negligence is a form of careless or reckless behavior brought onto others. If, for example, you were injured by another driver, you must be able to show that their negligence directly caused your injuries. The legal standard for negligence in the state of California will consider the following three elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care
- The defendant breached his or her duty of care through negligence
- The defendant’s negligence was the primary cause of the injuries you sustained
What Damages Are Recoverable In A San Francisco Personal Injury Case?Victims of personal injury often endure life-changing events that can result in pain and suffering. Immense stress is notably present in the aftermath of an accident due to the inevitable future of handling legal complications, insurance companies, medical costs, and other financial issues at once. All while trying to get better and heal from your injuries. Let WCTL handle your case and hold the negligent party/parties accountable for their actions. Our firm will make it our mission to recover: Economic Damages: These types of losses can be quantified and assigned a monetary value. Typical examples of economic damages for bus accident cases in California include:
- Medical treatment costs
- X-ray scan costs
- Chiropractor therapy bills
- Lost past and future wages
- Property damage costs
- Lost business opportunities
- Loss of consortium
- Emotional distress
- Disability or disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of reputation
- Loss of enjoyment of life
How Much Does A San Francisco Personal Injury Lawyer Cost?
- Most personal injury law firms work on a contingency fee basis, allowing clients to not worry about upfront costs or legal fees until the case is won. Once the case is settled, your lawyer will then receive a percentage of the settlement as payment.
- With this payment plan, the client is risk-free because the fee is “contingent” on the outcome of the case. If the case is not won, the client does not owe any fees to the law firm or courts. Not only does this type of agreement eliminate the risk for the client, it provides an incentive for the attorney to excel and reach the highest settlement possible.
- At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we only operate on contingency agreements. If we don't win, you don't pay.
How Long Do I Have to File a Personal Injury Claim in San Francisco?In California, the statute of limitations for a personal injury claim is two years starting from the initial date of the accident. If you fail to file a personal injury claim before the deadline, you will no longer be able to pursue legal actions against the party at fault for damages caused by their negligence. However, there are a few exceptions that may allow you to have an extension. In order to qualify for this extension, you must be:
- A minor,
- Legally insane,
- Incapacitated, or
Can I File a Claim if I’m Partially At-Fault for the Accident?Yes, you may. California has a pure comparative negligence system. This means that you may share fault for your injuries or damages and still be able to obtain compensation. Even if you are 30 percent accountable for the accident, you could still have the right to be compensated 70 percent for negligent actions committed by the other party. As you can see from the example provided above, you will likely face a reduction in the amount of compensation you may be awarded for damages. This is due to the fact that you contributed to a certain amount of negligence that took part in the cause of the accident. To get more of an idea of how this is typically handled, we encourage you to contact our San Francisco personal injury attorneys. We will assess your case and provide you with an in-depth legal analysis of how we plan to tackle this type of situation.
What Do Our San Francisco Personal Injury Attorneys Have to Offer?
- 24/7/365 Access – We are here when you need us. You can call or contact us online at any time, and we will provide immediate responses to all of your questions.
- Proven Results – With decades of combined legal experience, our lawyers have represented thousands of clients and have recovered more than $1 billion in compensation for their losses.
- Ivy League Education – Our attorneys went to the top law schools and worked at the biggest law firms. These credentials set us apart from other personal injury lawyers.
- Exclusive Focus – We routinely represent clients who have suffered catastrophic injuries, and we know what it takes to win. Our attention to detail is second to none!
- If We Don't, You Don't Pay – You do not owe us any legal fees until your case has been settled. This way, you know we are 100 percent on your side. Our no-fee promise starts with a free, confidential consultation. If you have been injured or lost a family member in San Francisco, contact us now to find out if you have a claim for compensation.
Meet With Our San Francisco Personal Injury Attorneys TodayIf you have sustained injuries as a result of someone’s negligence or deliberate acts of malice, you have the right to hold the guilty party responsible for your losses. A San Francisco personal injury attorney at West Coast Trial Lawyers will help recover compensation for the losses you have suffered. Call us today by calling 888-585-2793 or filling out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation at our San Francisco personal injury law firm. Our address is One Sansome Street, Suite 3500, San Francisco, California 94104.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is the role of a personal injury lawyer?A personal injury lawyer specializes in representing clients who have sustained physical or emotional injuries due to the negligence or wrongdoing of others. They are experts in personal injury law and help clients seek compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages.
Why should I hire a San Francisco personal injury lawyer?Hiring a San Francisco personal injury lawyer is essential if you have been injured due to someone else's negligence. They can help you navigate the complex legal process, negotiate with insurance companies, and secure the maximum compensation you deserve. A skilled personal injury lawyer will also be able to identify potential sources of liability and build a strong case on your behalf.
How can a San Francisco personal injury lawyer help me maximize my compensation?A San Francisco personal injury lawyer will carefully analyze your case, gather evidence, and build a strong argument to support your claim. They will also negotiate with insurance companies and opposing parties to obtain the highest possible settlement or judgment. With extensive knowledge of personal injury law, they can help ensure that all applicable damages are included in your claim.
How do I choose the right personal injury lawyer for my case?When searching for a personal injury lawyer, consider their experience, reputation, and track record of success. Look for a law firm with a proven history of handling cases similar to yours and achieving favorable outcomes. Additionally, choose a lawyer with whom you feel comfortable discussing your case and who will prioritize your best interests.
How do personal injury lawyers charge for their services?Most personal injury lawyers work on a contingency fee basis, which means you don't pay any legal fees unless your lawyer successfully recovers compensation for you. The fee is usually a percentage of the total settlement or award, allowing you to pursue justice without worrying about upfront costs.
Meet With Our San Francisco Personal Injury Attorneys TodayIf you have sustained injuries as a result of someone’s negligence or deliberate acts of malice, you have the right to hold the guilty party responsible for your losses. A San Francisco personal injury attorney at West Coast Trial Lawyers will help recover compensation for the losses you have suffered. Call us today by calling 213-927-3700 or filling out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation at our San Francisco personal injury law firm. Our address is One Sansome Street, Suite 3500, San Francisco, California 94104.
They know what they're doing, very well. Not only did I not make a single phone call from the day I hired them, but I also received calls from their case managers and paralegals who want to make sure my treatment was going well. They whole team took care of me. Thank you WCTL for taking full responsibility of my case and getting me an amazing settlement.
I can say with confidence that this team is the best in the business. . . . Dean took the time to really listen and hear me out. He assured me that he was going to move mountains because he believed in me, and he ended up doing just that. I’ve never met a more focused and passionate attorney in my life. If you’re looking for a firm that treats its clients with the utmost respect and care, calling WCTL is a no-brainer. I wouldn't think twice about working with them again in the future.