Fresno Brain Injury Attorney
What Are Some Common Causes of a Brain Injury? How Can You Prevent It From Occurring?The brain is arguably the most important organ in the body. It helps humans function their thoughts, emotions, and movements. Any type of damage that is directly done to the brain could result in serious changes to a person’s overall lifestyle. Common symptoms of brain damage include, but are not limited to, slurred speech, vision blurriness, paralysis, sensitivity to light or sound, seizures, or loss of consciousness. Victims who sustain a brain injury will need to seek immediate medical attention as this type of damage could become life-threatening if not treated properly. Getting medical care for a brain injury is quite costly as multiple treatments may be needed to enhance or improve the brain’s condition. Unfortunately, this could become a financial burden as costs for medical care are quite expensive. If your brain injury was caused by a negligent party, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim to acquire recoverable compensation, including medical bills. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Fresno brain injury attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases. With our track record of winning more than $1 billion in settlements for our clients, we are confident that we will deliver a good outcome to your settlement. Please do not hesitate to contact our 24/7 legal team by calling (559) 272-9881 or emailing [email protected] to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our Fresno personal injury law firm. Common Causes of a Brain Injury Forceful impact to the head can result in serious brain damage. There are multiple factors that can cause a person to endure this type of injury, such as:
- Motor vehicle accidents,
- Physical violence,
- Gun shots, or
- Bomb blasts from military attacks.
- Do not take illegal drugs. The effects of drugs could leave you feeling unaware of your surroundings, which may influence you into performing certain actions that could get you injured.
- Do not drink alcohol without moderation. It is dangerous to drink and drive. Intoxication and blurry vision are not a good mix, especially if you are driving.
- Wear your seat belt when you are in a vehicle. This will reduce the chances of sustaining severe or fatal injuries by 50 percent.
- Do not text and drive. Allowing distractions to affect your driving skills could put you in a serious accident. Set your phone to the side and focus on the road. Once you have reached your destination and have parked your vehicle, then it would be safe enough for you to check your phone for any notifications.
- Wear helmets for sporting activities. This will help protect your head from sustaining moderate to severe injuries when performing activities that may involve forceful impact to the head.
- Install fall prevention equipment at home. Take the tips listed below into consideration to make your home an anti-slip environment for you, your family, and guests.
- Install window guards to prevent any fallouts from occurring when the windows are left open.
- Set up safety gates at the top and bottom of the stairs if you have a toddler.
- Place mats next to the shower or bathtub. All water droplets will be absorbed by the mat, which will reduce the likelihood of you slipping and falling on a wet surface.
Examples of Brain Injury Settlements
- $26 million was recovered by a man in Florida who endured permanent brain damage after being struck by a commercial truck.
- $14 million was recovered by a woman who endured a traumatic brain injury after a faulty tire failed on her motorcycle.
- $7.5 million was recovered by a woman who was hurt in a car accident, was in a coma for 3 weeks, and then required 2 months of rehabilitation.
- $3.2 million was recovered by a truck driver in Virginia who suffered a traumatic brain injury while on the clock.
They know what they're doing, very well. Not only did I not make a single phone call from the day I hired them, but I also received calls from their case managers and paralegals who want to make sure my treatment was going well. They whole team took care of me. Thank you WCTL for taking full responsibility of my case and getting me an amazing settlement.
I can say with confidence that this team is the best in the business. . . . Dean took the time to really listen and hear me out. He assured me that he was going to move mountains because he believed in me, and he ended up doing just that. I’ve never met a more focused and passionate attorney in my life. If you’re looking for a firm that treats its clients with the utmost respect and care, calling WCTL is a no-brainer. I wouldn't think twice about working with them again in the future.