Long Beach Motorcycle Accident Attorney
What Is the Difference Between a Motorcycle Accident and a Car Accident?Motorcycle accidents have been a common problem in Long Beach for the past few years. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) has made efforts to decrease deaths and injuries. According to their statement, “Extra officers will be on duty patrolling areas frequented by motorcyclists and where motorcycle crashes occur. Officers will be looking for violations made by drivers and riders alike that can lead to motorcycle crashes. They will be cracking down on both those operating regular vehicles and motorcycles who are violating traffic safety laws.” With the NHTSA initiating these actions, it may help prevent future motorcyclists from losing their lives. Even experienced riders can get themselves into a collision if they are not aware of their surroundings or perform reckless actions on the road. Not only will they harm themselves, but they may injure or kill other drivers or pedestrians nearby, as well. Those who have fallen victim to a motorcycle accident are highly recommended to contact West Coast Trial Lawyers and speak with our skilled Long Beach motorcycle accident attorneys. We have won over 5,000 personal injury cases and acquired more than $1 billion in settlements for our clients. Due to our achievements, we have been recognized as one of the top personal injury law firms in Long Beach. To schedule a free, no obligation consultation at our Long Beach personal injury law firm, contact our 24/7 legal team by calling (562) 396-9874 or emailing [email protected]. Motorcycle Accidents vs Car Accidents There are many differences between a motorcycle and a car. A motorcycle is much smaller in size and has high speeds that can be difficult to control, especially if the motorcyclist is inexperienced. Furthermore, there are no barriers surrounding the vehicle to protect the rider from enduring serious injuries. A car, on the other hand, is larger in size and has protection, such as airbags, seat belts and a metal barrier, to reduce the likelihood of the driver and passengers from sustaining injuries or death. A motorcyclist and car driver do share some similarities when it comes to committing an accident. Many of them are often caught performing these negligent actions:
- Drowsy driving/riding
- Driving/riding while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Distracted driving/riding
- Disobeying traffic lights or signs
- Left-hand turn accident. Since a motorcycle is small in size, a driver may not immediately notice it, especially when making a left turn on an intersection. This has been a recurring issue that has been happening for many years. It is always urged for a driver to make a careful observation of the road prior to making any lane changes or turns.
- Hit and run accident. It is often found that negligent drivers who are under the influence of drugs or alcohol commit hit and run accidents. Since alcohol and drugs can impair your mind and vision, you may start to become unaware of what you are doing. Not only will you be putting yourself in a dangerous situation, but you may also bring others down with you. This is why you should never drive while under the influence. Another factor that can contribute to a hit and run accident is the malicious intent to harm someone.
- Broken bones,
- Harsh cuts,
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI),
- Back injury,
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD),
- Internal bleeding,
- Road rash,
- Neck injury, or
They know what they're doing, very well. Not only did I not make a single phone call from the day I hired them, but I also received calls from their case managers and paralegals who want to make sure my treatment was going well. They whole team took care of me. Thank you WCTL for taking full responsibility of my case and getting me an amazing settlement.
I can say with confidence that this team is the best in the business. . . . Dean took the time to really listen and hear me out. He assured me that he was going to move mountains because he believed in me, and he ended up doing just that. I’ve never met a more focused and passionate attorney in my life. If you’re looking for a firm that treats its clients with the utmost respect and care, calling WCTL is a no-brainer. I wouldn't think twice about working with them again in the future.