A Brain Injury Attorney Will Fight For Your Rights
It has been estimated that approximately 2% of Americans are currently in need of lifelong help just to complete daily tasks after enduring a serious brain injury. To put it in more relatable terms, that percentage translates into 5.3 million people. Unfortunately, a majority of traumatic brain injury victims no longer have control over their lives and will not be able to enjoy the simple pleasures most of us take for granted.
The brain is perhaps the most unique and complex organ in the human body. We still do not fully understand it. One thing is certain: once brain cells have been damaged by trauma, they will stay that way for the duration of a victim’s life.
These types of injuries are always delicate and can be caused by many different circumstances. Listed below are just five of the most common reasons for a traumatic brain injury:
- Car Accidents. Perhaps the most common reason for TBI. Any type of accident that involves cars, motorcycles, bicyclists and pedestrians is a leading cause of many traumatic brain injuries.
- Sports Injuries. Serious concussions and brain injuries are common in extreme and high impact sports.
- Falls. Traumatic brain injuries that occur from falls are mostly seen in young children and the elderly and may occur as a result of a fall in the bath, from a bed or a ladder, or down a flight of stairs.
- Explosive Blasts. Explosive blasts are a common reason as to why many active duty military personnel suffer serious brain injuries. Research suggests that the pressure wave that passes through a victim’s brain has the potential to significantly disrupt otherwise healthy brain functioning.
- Violence. Assault, domestic violence, child abuse, and gunshots are all common causes of serious brain injury.
If you have suffered a traumatic brain injury in the city of Irvine due to someone’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and possibly more. Please don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 at (949) 334-9200 or feel free to email us at [email protected] to schedule a free consultation with our experienced, caring and compassionate legal team. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we are always here to answer any questions you may have about brain injury claims in Irvine.
Steps To Take If Severe Head Trauma Occurs
In the event that you or a loved has suffered a head injury, you must be very careful. These injuries are delicate. If you suspect a traumatic brain injury, the best course of action is to call 911 and request immediate assistance. However, there are important steps you can take in the moment to help an injured individual:
- DO NOT move an injured person. This is important: please make sure that an injured person is lying down with head and shoulders at slight elevation. Once again, please DO NOT move someone you suspect may have traumatic brain injury and avoid moving their neck. Finally, you must never remove a head trauma victim’s hel