Common California Premises Liability Cases in 2022
12 Types of Premises Liability Lawsuits in California
Premises liability lawsuits hold the property owner accountable for any injuries that have taken place on their territory. A property owner is required to make sure that there are no hazards present when visitors or guests enter the area. If a noticeable hazard is present, such as a slippery surface, the property owner is required to resolve the problem. If ignored, a visitor or guest could sustain an injury. Under this circumstance, a property owner could be held responsible for any injuries or damages. However, there are premises liability cases where a property owner would not be considered at-fault for injuries caused on their property.
Premises liability cases can be complicated, which is why it is important to seek legal representation if you were injured while on someone else’s property. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our experienced premises liability attorneys are available 24/7 to offer legal assistance. We will review your case to determine necessary courses of action in order to get you the compensation you deserve.
Common Types of Premises Liability Cases in 2022
- Lack of Proper Security Protection. Situations like this normally happen within a business building or an apartment building. Owners of these buildings have the responsibility of making sure that security is properly set up. It is ideal to have security guards on the first floor of these buildings to prevent an individual from breaking in and causing havoc. If the owners fail to incorporate a structured security system, they will potentially face a premises liability case since no reasonable actions were taken to ensure the safety of the individuals living or working in these buildings.
- Slip and Fall. There are various scenarios that may come into play for premises liability cases relating to a slip and fall. This generally happens if you slip or trip and fall on another individual’s property. Common circumstances that lead to a slip or fall could be:
- Broken or loose floors,
- Wet floors,
- Faulty stairs,
- Walking on ice or snow,
- Unnoticeable extension cords,
- Improperly set up carpets or rugs, or
An example of a slip or fall could be an individual walking into a store and going into an isle that is covered in water. The employee who had been cleaning up that aisle failed to put a warning about the floor being wet, thus resulting in the customer injuring themselves by slipping and falling. The store owner could face premises liability charges on behalf of the employee who did not put up a “Caution: Wet Floor” sign.
- Swimming Pool Accidents. These accidents generally have children involved. A child could be left unsupervised while wandering around an unsecure pool site. This could result in them possibly going into the pool and drowning. They may also hurt themselves while diving in. If any of these circumstances happen, the owner of the property will face liability. This is why it is important to have fences or locked gates around the pool area to make sure that it is not being used when there is no supervision.
- Dog Bite. There are a variety of ways for a dog bite injury to occur. An example could be an employee who is doing construction work at an individual’s home. As the employee is doing their work-related duties, the individual’s dog emerges and bites the employee. If severe injuries were sustained from the dog bite, the employee is permitted to file a premises liability lawsuit against the dog owner. Situations like these are why it is important to make sure that your dog is properly trained or put in another room when friends, visitors, or workers are in the household.
Contact West Coast Trial Lawyers for Help
If you believe that you or a loved one were injured in another individual’s property, you should immediately file a premises liability lawsuit with our skilled premises liability attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers. We have vast experience with handling cases relating to premise liability and will put in the commitment to ensure that you receive the best satisfactory end results for your settlement. We will work tirelessly to get you the maximum compensation and justice you deserve.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation with the attorneys at our firm. No fees are paid until we win your case. Reach out to our 24/7 legal team by calling 213-927-3700 or filling out our contact form.
They know what they're doing, very well. Not only did I not make a single phone call from the day I hired them, but I also received calls from their case managers and paralegals who want to make sure my treatment was going well. They whole team took care of me. Thank you WCTL for taking full responsibility of my case and getting me an amazing settlement.
I can say with confidence that this team is the best in the business. . . . Dean took the time to really listen and hear me out. He assured me that he was going to move mountains because he believed in me, and he ended up doing just that. I’ve never met a more focused and passionate attorney in my life. If you’re looking for a firm that treats its clients with the utmost respect and care, calling WCTL is a no-brainer. I wouldn't think twice about working with them again in the future.