Long Beach Car Accident Lawyer
Why hire a Long Beach car accident lawyer?
If you've experienced a car accident in Long Beach, California, you may be seeking an experienced Long Beach car accident lawyer to assist you in obtaining compensation for your injuries and damages. Look no further than West Coast Trial Lawyers, a top-rated personal injury law firm in California with an impressive record of winning over $1.5 billion for our clients.
At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we understand the stress and trauma that comes with being in a car accident. That's why our team of knowledgeable attorneys offers personalized and compassionate legal representation to each client.
We work diligently to examine the details of your accident, collect evidence, and construct a solid case to ensure you receive the compensation you deserve.
Don't allow insurance companies to pressure you into accepting less than what you're entitled to. Trust West Coast Trial Lawyers as your Long Beach car accident lawyers to defend your rights. Check out what our previous clients have said, schedule a free consultation, and discover more about how we can help you.
How much does a Long Beach car accident lawyer cost?
If you've experienced a car accident in Long Beach, you might need a lawyer. One concern could be the cost. We'll discuss contingency fees and hiring a Long Beach car accident attorney so you understand how accident attorneys get paid.
A Long Beach car accident attorney working on contingency means you don't pay upfront fees. The attorney receives a portion of your compensation if you win. This benefits you because you don't pay hourly fees. Your lawyer seeks the best outcome for your case.
Contingency fees for a Long Beach car accident lawyer can range from 25% to 40% of your compensation. The average is around 33%. It depends on the case and the attorney's experience. Discuss the fee with your lawyer before signing a contract.
Parting with a portion of your compensation might seem substantial. However, without a lawyer, you could receive less money or lose your case. A competent attorney safeguards your rights and secures the appropriate compensation for your injuries and losses.
How long will my car accident case take?
After a car crash in Long Beach, you may wonder about the time your case needs. Each car accident case varies. Settling time depends on many factors.
These factors include accident details, people involved, and insurance companies. It's tough to know how long your case will last.
A simple car accident case may take just a few months. Complex cases might need more time. Disputes about fault or money can make it longer.
Insurance companies can affect settling time. They may try to slow things down. They could give a low first offer, hoping you accept. If you don't, the case takes longer.
Hiring a Long Beach car accident lawyer helps. They understand the law and insurance company tactics. They can quicken the process and ensure proper compensation. A good lawyer fights for you and keeps you updated.
What Types of Treatment Are Available for a Car Accident Injury?
Long Beach has a population of over 466,000 residents, making it the 7th most populous city in California. It is estimated that Long Beach residents own an average of 2 cars in their households, meaning that there is a substantial amount of vehicles occupying the roads on a day to day basis. This can be concerning due to the fact that accidents are more likely to happen. Negligent drivers are often the root cause of an accident. They have been found to commit negligent actions, such as speeding, driving while under the influence, texting and driving, or drowsy driving. This can create an unsafe environment that can leave any driver, rider, or pedestrian nearby in danger.
At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Long Beach car accident attorneys help victims of a car accident file a claim against the party at-fault. We have over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases and are confident that we will get you the maximum compensation you deserve for your losses. With our track record of recovering more than $1 billion in settlements for our clients, we have been acknowledged as one of the top personal injury law firms in Long Beach.
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our Long Beach personal injury law firm, reach out to our 24/7 available legal team by calling (562) 396-9874 or emailing [email protected].
Treatment for Car Accident Injuries
Parties involved in a car accident are likely to face multiple injuries that can range from mild to severe. It is always encouraged for a car accident victim to get checked by a medical professional. They will examine the wounded area, determine a diagnosis, and create a treatment plan that will help with recovery. Below is a list of possible treatments a car accident victim may undergo. Each treatment may vary depending on what area of the body was harmed from the impact.
- Head or Brain Injury. Mild cases may often be treated by taking over-the-counter medication that is recommended by your doctor. Moderate to severe cases may require you to stay in the hospital to receive further medical assistance. If you are a Long Beach resident and you need to go to the emergency room for treatment, here are some hospitals you can check yourself into:
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center
- Mary Medical Center
- College Medical Center
- Community Hospital of Long Beach
- Miller Children’s & Women’s Hospital
- Nair Urgent Care
- MedPost Urgent Care
- Spinal Cord Injury. Suffering from a spinal cord injury can have a large impact on your life. You may experience a loss of bowel or bladder control, mobility issues, loss of feeling, or difficulty breathing. Unfortunately, there is no actual cure or reverse for a spinal cord injury. Doctors recommend that victims get therapy to cope with the injury and make improvements in areas of their body that they are struggling to control.
- Facial Injury. If you are suffering from minor injuries, it is recommended for you to get a cold compress and place it on the swollen area. Moderate to severe injuries are usually required to be treated at the hospital. Common treatment plans may involve medication, such as a pain reliever, and surgery.
- Neck Injury. This type of injury is commonly associated with spinal cord damage. A neck injury can affect your mobility and cognitive reactions. Common symptoms include whiplash, pain, tenderness, and frequent headaches. Mild cases may often be treated by applying a hot or cold compress onto the neck for 15 minutes every three hours and taking over-the-counter medication, such as Tylenol, Advil, or ibuprofen. Moderate to severe injuries may require a hospital visit. Your doctor will examine the injured area and determine what medication you may need to take to recover. In rare cases, the doctor may suggest surgery as an option for alleviating the nerve root or spinal cord compression. Both mild to severe cases may require a neck brace to help your neck heal.
- Back Injury. Back pain is common after a car accident. It can result in mild to severe cases, depending on how intense the collision was. For light cases, pain medication is suggested. However, for serious cases, it is best to look into getting massages and physical therapy.
- Internal injuries. This type of injury is dangerous because you will not be aware of it right away. Internal injuries can cause long-term or permanent effects on your body depending on how severe the accident was. Internal injuries include organ damage, internal bleeding, ruptured spleen, or broken ribs. These injuries are often detected by using an X-ray, CT scan, or MRI.
- Psychological injuries. Not only do physical injuries occur, but psychological injuries can emerge, as well. After a car accident, you may develop anxiety, depression, or post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). These symptoms can affect your lifestyle and create fear and anxiety, especially when you are trying to get back to driving their car. Under severe circumstances, it is common for a car accident victim to not want to leave their home due to the fear of getting into another life-threatening accident. It is highly suggested to seek the help of a psychiatrist and therapist. They will offer services that will help you cope with mental anguish. A psychiatrist may also prescribe you with medication to control your symptoms.
If you were involved in a car accident and would like to take legal action against the party at-fault, West Coast Trial Lawyers has experienced Long Beach car accident attorneys that are readily available to assist you with your case. We have won over 5,000 personal injury cases and are confident that we will deliver a good outcome to your settlement.
They know what they're doing, very well. Not only did I not make a single phone call from the day I hired them, but I also received calls from their case managers and paralegals who want to make sure my treatment was going well. They whole team took care of me. Thank you WCTL for taking full responsibility of my case and getting me an amazing settlement.
I can say with confidence that this team is the best in the business. . . . Dean took the time to really listen and hear me out. He assured me that he was going to move mountains because he believed in me, and he ended up doing just that. I’ve never met a more focused and passionate attorney in my life. If you’re looking for a firm that treats its clients with the utmost respect and care, calling WCTL is a no-brainer. I wouldn't think twice about working with them again in the future.