San Bernardino Car Accident Attorney
Learn More About Your Traffic Accident Case
San Bernardino has a population of over 215,000 residents and is the 17th largest city in California. It is expected that with such a large number of residents, the volume of car owners is high as well. As the population of this city consistently grows, the chances of a vehicle accident increase as well.
At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we have skilled San Bernardino car accident attorneys that have over 60 years of collective legal experience handling personal injury claims. West Coast Trial Lawyers has won thousands of cases and its attorneys have obtained over $1.4 billion in settlements and judgments for our clients. As a result of these successes, our firm has been recognized as a top personal injury law firm in San Bernardino.
If you are interested in using our services, do not worry about any financial risks. We offer a free consultation at our San Bernardino personal injury law firm. You do not pay any fees until we win your case! If we don’t win, you don’t pay! To receive a free consultation, feel free to reach out to our attorneys who are available 24/7 by calling (909) 787-2178 or emailing [email protected].Steps to Follow After a Hit-And-Run
Hit-and-run collisions are not uncommon in San Bernardino. Experiencing a hit-and-run is very traumatic and can result in severe injuries or death. If you were involved in a hit-and run car accident, our top accident lawyers suggest that you should immediately:
- Pull Over and Park Safely. If you can, safely pull over and park as soon as possible to prevent any further damage or dangerous circumstances from incoming traffic.
- CAll 911/Contact The Police. Make sure everyone is okay and call 911 to report the hit-and-run accident and to request medical assistance if someone is seriously injured. Even if there are no significant damages to the vehicle or severe injuries, you must contact the police and report the hit-and-run accident. Your failure to obtain a police report may prevent you from making a claim for an uninsured motorist benefits from your own automobile insurance carrier.
- Gather Important Evidence. Obtaining important information from the collision will make it more likely for you to win your case. This includes collecting pictures of the accident, vehicles, license plates, driver’s licenses, insurance cards, and taking note of details such as time and location.
- Speak To A Witness. If you are physically able to, speak to someone who witnessed the collision. Collect their contact information, as their testimony may help your case.
- Reach Out To A San Bernardino Car Accident Attorney. The truth is insurance companies, even your own insurance company, are not on your side. They are in the business of making money and paying as little benefits as possible. Their goal is to attempt to deny your claim or offer very low settlements. For these reasons, it is crucial to speak with a top San Bernardino personal injury lawyer.
Every single driver has a duty of care while operating a motor vehicle. Drivers not only must pay attention to road conditions and other vehicles, but also pedestrians. Unfortunately, that is not the case as seen in studies across the United States. According to the California Department of Motor Vehicles, a shocking 80% of motor vehicle accidents are caused by negligence of some sort. This includes carelessness, phone-usage, not paying attention to the road, etc.Compensation and How We Can Help
If you are a victim of another driver’s negligent driving, or were in a motor vehicle accident that was not your fault, you have the right to a fair and full compensation for your losses.
It may be emotionally, physically, and financially difficult to go back to your regular way of life before a car accident. You may be entitled to damages for:property loss, medical bills, pain and suffering, lost wages, etc.
You may also be able to pursue punitive damages. Punitive damages are awarded in addition to compensatory damages. Punitive damages are designed to punish and deter malicious and reckless wrongdoings. You may be entitled to punitive damages against someone who intentionally harmed you, or acted with gross-negligence, such as drunk driving, hit and run, or intentional collision.Liability
Negligent drivers are typically held responsible and are liable for damages caused by their wrongful conduct. However, California is a comparative negligence state. This means that at times, more than one driver is partially responsible for a motor vehicle accident. Liability for damages may be shared based on the degree of fault.
Establishing liability is the most crucial part of presenting a personal injury claim. You should always have a highly experienced and knowledgeable San Bernardino car accident attorney on your side to help you prove your case and obtain fair compensation that you deserve.Common Accidents Reported in San Bernardino
According to San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department, San Bernardino car accidents are the leading cause of injury, death, and economic loss. Unfortunately, statistics also show that pedestrian accidents and deaths are increasing as well. An increasing population and negligence may signify why these statistics are rising.
- Multi-Car Collisions. This type of accident commonly occurs on busy freeways or interstates where cars are driving at faster speeds and may encounter sudden and unexpected traffic. Unsafe lane changes on the freeways of San Bernardino have caused multiple accidents as well.
- Rear-Ended Crashes. This highly common car accident occurs when one vehicle follows too closely behind another vehicle or fails to stop in time as a result of speeding and/or carelessness.
- Hit And Run Accidents. A hit and run is when a driver that hits another vehicle or pedestrian flees the scene.
- If you are a San Bernardino resident and you need to go to the emergency room for treatment, here are some nearby hospitals you can check yourself into:
- Dignity Health - Community Hospital of San Bernardino
- Dignity Health - St. Bernardine Medical Center
- Community Hospital of San Bernardino Community Home Health
- Mountains Community Hospital
- Arrowhead Regional Medical Center
- Loma Linda University Medical Center
Our San Bernardino team of car accident attorneys will be there every step of the way for you. We will file a claim with the insurance companies, help find you the medical treatment you need, handle all paperwork, build a strong case in your favor, do our utmost best to obtain the maximum amount of compensation you deserve.
West Coast Trial Lawyers stands for its title! We are ready to go to trial for you until we recover the full compensation you are entitled to.Contact Us
West Coast Trial Lawyers will not charge you for a consultation. Our clients are represented on a contingency fee basis. If we do not win, you owe us nothing. Our qualified San Bernardino car accident lawyers are highly-trained and have extensive experience with cases that are similar to yours. We are committed to helping you resolve your legal issues as quickly as possible while receiving the best results.
If you or someone you know has been injured, reach out to our legal team 24 hours a day by calling us at (909) 787-2178 or emailing [email protected]