San Bernardino Accident Lawyer
San Bernardino Motorcycle Accident CasesMotorcycle Accidents in San Bernardino
Personal injury lawyers can help people who experience the devastating consequences of being in a motorcycle accident. Any collision with a motorcycle carries a higher probability of serious injury or fatality. This happens because the motorcyclist has less protection than a driver of any other type of vehicle. The injuries are more likely to be severe, and this drives up the cost of medical treatments. There are several forms of compensation that a court might consider. This includes loss of income, medical expenses, therapy, and pain and suffering. Our team fights for your interests every step of the way.
Riding a motorcycle can bring a feeling of freedom and independence. However, this euphoria often comes at a price. Motorcyclists have a different relationship to the various types of terrain, for example. The exposure to the elements and the high speeds create incredibly dangerous conditions for any motorcycle rider. The lack of visibility is one of the major contributing factors that lead to collisions on the road. Motorcycles can disappear entirely into the blind spot of many vehicles, for example. This is especially problematic when a motorcyclist is attempting to pass a commercial truck, or 18-wheeler. However, as a motorcyclist, you have the right to be on the road.
This part of California has a rich history of motorcycle riding, and it continues to be a popular activity to this very day. The number of motorcycles on the road tends to be higher in this region because of the pleasant climate that provides more opportunities for motorcycle riding throughout the year.
However, this also means that there is a higher risk of being involved in a collision with another vehicle. If the worst should occur, it’s important to have the telephone number and contact information of a qualified and experienced lawyer for motorcycle crashes. This telephone number should be placed in a location that is easy to find. The best course of action following any collision is to contact an experienced motorcycle accident lawyer immediately.The Dangers of Riding A Motorcycle
The dangers of riding a motorcycle in San Bernardino are high compared to other parts of the country. One organization that collects statistics about the crash rates for motorcycles compared to other vehicles is the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, or NHTSA. This institution tracks the number of accidents and fatalities involving motorcycles in San Bernardino and Southern California in general.
One report issued by this organization showed that motorcycle riders in San Bernardino are 27 times more likely to die in a collision with another vehicle compared to car occupants. They are also six times as likely to become seriously injured because of the vulnerability and exposure of the human body during the collision.
The NHTSA tracked an increase in the number of fatalities and linked these incidents to specific causes. The increase in the fatalities and injuries sustained by people involved in motorcycle accidents were attributed to the following:
- Intoxication levels of motorists and motorcyclists
- An increase in the number of motorcycles on the road
- The older age of the average motorcycle rider
- An increase in the number of unlicensed motorcyclists
- The larger engines on newer motorbikes, which adds additional power to every collision
Any accident on the road is a traumatic experience for those involved. It’s imperative to take the right actions afterwards in order to create a compelling legal case. These are specific steps that you should take after any collision while operating a motorcycle on the road. These are necessary to ensure that you remain compliant with the laws that will apply during the litigation of the case. Our personal injury lawyers can always provide you with specific advice if you feel disoriented. Make sure to have this number available inside your wallet next to your driver’s license.
The basic steps to observe after any motorcycle accident are as follows:
- Remain in the same location: After a collision, you can attempt to move to a safer position if you’re still inside the flow of traffic, but it’s best to avoid leaving the scene.
- Move as little as possible: Try to keep motionless in order to avoid aggravating any injuries that you may have sustained. Take deep breaths to help you remain as calm and focused as possible. If bystanders attempt to help you, make short and specific requests. Ask for a blanket or some water, for example.
- Contact the police: Use emergency speed dial for 911 if you have it programmed into your phone. You can also ask any bystanders or witnesses to call the police if you are unable to use your arms. Make sure to obtain a copy of the police report. The police report is critical in building your legal case.
- Accept medical treatment: Always accept medical treatment even if you think you aren’t injured. This documentation is also important when building a legal case, and your chances of obtaining compensation are better when you get a medical examination documented immediately following the accident.
- Collect documentation at the scene: Get help if you need it when collecting phone numbers from witnesses and the people involved in the collision. Get the driver’s license number, insurance company information, license plate number and the contact information from the driver of the vehicle.
- Take pictures: Try to get clear pictures of the damage done to the vehicle from several angles. Get a picture of the license plate of the other vehicle. Take more pictures than necessary just in case.
- Contact our legal team immediately: We can also help to advise you on the steps to take immediately after the crash. This is especially helpful if you are disoriented and alone. Always keep our phone number in your wallet in case of an emergency.
After a crash, it’s important to speak with a qualified motorcycle crash lawyer right away. These cases require the assistance of a competent and experienced motorcycle crash lawyer for several reasons. Our team understands the nature of the bureaucratic obstacles facing victims. For example, many police officers will automatically assume that any accident involving a motorcycle means that the incident was caused by the motorcyclist. This can make it difficult to obtain a police report, and we can help to ensure that you obtain all of the documents needed to build your legal case.
Bias against motorcycle riders can also influence court decisions about compensation. This default position continues to evade any attempts at public education and awareness about the rights of motorcycle riders on the road. We work hard to protect your rights as a motorcyclist. You have the right to share the road with other vehicles. If there is an accident, you have legal rights that must be protected. Our team of experienced motorcycle accident lawyers can build a case that is based on the facts while also presenting a compelling narrative to win you compensation from the court.West Coast Trial Lawyers Is Here To Help
Motorcycle accident lawyers fight aggressively to help you win the necessary compensation to recover from extensive injuries, crippling medical expenses and related costs. The victims in any motorcycle collisions should have the right to get immediate medical treatment, but the issue of how to pay for these expenses continues to usurp the top priority within the medical institutions. Our team of qualified lawyers work tirelessly to protect the rights of motorcycle riders after an accident. Compensation is critical for helping you put your life back together after such an unfortunate incident.
Our team can serve your interests every step of the way. Medical doctors are often the best advocate for the rights of the patient, and they also provide exceptional documentation that can be useful when building a legal case. Our lawyers understand how to use the medical records provided by the treatment facility in order to establish that the victim deserves compensation for these injuries. In addition to medical expenses, there are often lost wages, pain and suffering, and other expenses. We fight hard for your rights in the legal system so that you can focus on recovering. Contact our San Bernardino office by calling (909) 787-2178 or emailing [email protected] Our legal team is available 24/7 to take care of your needs.