Long Beach Uber Accident Attorney
Discuss Your Case With a Rideshare Lawyer
Uber and Lyft are popular ridesharing services that make it easy for users to request a driver to pick them up and take them to their destination. You also get access to a GPS that will give you an estimate on when the driver will pick you up. Additionally, you will still have the GPS displayed on your screen after you get picked up to see how much time you have left until you reach your desired location.
With Long beach being such a densely populated city, it is expected for traffic to become a recurring danger to drivers. This is why some residents will feel the need to use ridesharing apps to get around without having to deal with driving in traffic. Even though Uber and Lyft services provide convenience for users, they may have downsides, as well.
Several sexual harassment and death reports have surfaced against Uber and Lyft. The ridesharing companies have faced many lawsuits from passengers who claim that the drivers have committed illegal acts. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Being intoxicated on drugs or alcohol,
- Inappropriate gestures against passengers, or
- Touching or assaulting a passenger.
If you were the victim of an Uber or Lyft accident and would like to file a lawsuit against the driver-at fault, you must contact an experienced Uber and Lyft attorney to help you with your case. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Long Beach Uber and Lyft accident attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience with handling personal injury cases. We have won over 5,000 cases and acquired more than $1 billion in settlements for our clients.
Based on our performance, we are confident that you will not be disappointed with the services we offer. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our Long Beach personal injury law firm, contact our legal team by calling (562) 396-9874 or emailing [email protected]sttriallawyers.com. We are available 24/7 to handle your calls or emails.Common Fears of Using Uber
- Inexperienced driver. Taxi drivers are known to be aggressive drivers, which is why passengers believe that Uber drivers are also the same. Additionally, since the individual is sitting in the passenger seat, they have no control over the vehicle, thus causing them to become anxious or fearful if their driver is inexperienced.
- Getting lost or being late. Uber has reliable GPS, most of the time. However, when it is glitching, it could cause passengers to be lost or late to their selected destination.
- Intoxicated driver. The most common concern of getting into a car with a stranger is not knowing how good their driving skills are. Some users fear that their driver could be lacking in experience or under the influence of alcohol.
Even if a driver has a clean driving record, it does not necessarily mean that they have never been intoxicated while driving. There have been several stories shared by the media regarding drivers drinking before getting ready to start taking requests. Due to this, many people hesitate to use ridesharing services.
- Sexual Assault. Unfortunately, many female passengers have been a victim of sexual assault during an Uber ride. Several reports have indicated that women have either been assaulted, raped, or killed. Uber has released a statement confirming these reports by informing people that nearly 3,045 sexual assaults were reported in the United States. Based off of this alarming statistical fact, it makes people even more anxious to utilize Uber’s services.
- Talkative driver. Everyone has a different way of communicating with drivers. Some wouldn’t mind having a conversation. However, there are passengers who would like to take a trip in silence. If they get a driver who is very talkative, it will make the rider feel annoyed or irritated. To prevent this from occurring, many passengers have started wearing headphones or earphones to give the driver the idea that they are not interested in talking. This method does work, but not all the time. Some drivers do not get the hint and continue to chat with the passenger.
- Other passengers. If people want to save money, then they usually select UberPool. Passengers can get anxious about thinking of the kind of person they will be sharing the ride with. It can be annoying sitting next to someone that is intoxicated, loud, or overly talkative.
- Bad music or radio. Everyone has different taste in music. One genre can be loved by one rider, but hated by another. There have been drivers who put their favorite music on, whether it be from their playlist or a radio station. The driver thinks the music is great, however it is not something the passenger would like to listen to. To avoid this problem, it is best to always have earphones and your own music on hand.
- Getting a bad rating. Passengers are given the ability to give a good or bad rating to the driver based on their Uber experience. Uber has also given drivers the opportunity to rate their passengers. Negligent passengers can be given low star ratings, and if they continue to receive negative feedback they will get banned.
- Car accident. The most common fear of taking an Uber is getting into a car accident. Once you are in the driver’s vehicle, you are placing your trust in them to make sure they take you to your destination safely. If you do get involved in an accident, it is best to reach out to a Long Beach Uber accident attorney to help you get started on your lawsuit.
It is important for drivers to have an emergency supply kit ready at hand for safety reasons. Drivers should check on their kits every 6 months to see if there are any expired items. Performing routine maintenance will help ensure that the kit is up to date. It is recommended to put a variety of items in your safety emergency kit. This includes:
- Drinking water. You should always have water on board to avoid getting dehydrated. It is suggested that you keep a good amount of drinking water in your car to prevent yourself from passing out or if a passenger has an emergency.
- Flashlight with extra batteries. It is ideal to have a flashlight in the car if you get into situations or emergencies that occur during nighttime. This will help you navigate your way through dark areas. Make sure you have extra batteries in case your flashlight dies.
- Cell phone charger. Cell phones have become an essential tool to use for traveling. It is helpful to have a cell phone car charger if you forget to charge your phone at home and for riders to use.
- Spare tire. This should be available in every driver’s trunk. A spare tire will help you in situations where your current tire goes flat and you need a new one to operate your vehicle.
- Jumper cables. It is highly suggested for drivers to keep a jumper cable in their car trunk. These can be used to recharge the car battery. To properly use this, it must be placed on the car battery to jolt the system.
- Duct tape. This can be used for various reasons.
- Keep a hold of the bodywork after getting into an accident.
- Patch up the exhaust.
- Prevent a coolant leak.
- Tool kit. Instead of getting a box full of tools, you should select multipurpose tools to help you deal with a variety of situations.
- Fire extinguisher. The National Fire Protection Association released an informative statement about automobiles by clarifying that “about 17 automobiles catch fire every hour in the United States. A small fire extinguisher in your trunk can keep you safe in case of a fire.”
- Rain poncho. You could get into problems where you have to get out of your car in the rain to fix a mirror or a tire. It is helpful to have a rain poncho to prevent yourself from getting soaked while doing this.
- First Aid Kit. This should include:
- Adhesive Band-Aids for covering cuts
- Gauze pads for treating wounds
- Safety pins for closing bandages
- Adhesive tape
- Antibiotic ointment
- Antiseptic and hydrocortisone cream for skin inflammation and rashes
- Antihistamine for allergic reactions
- Antiseptic wipes to sanitize your hands
- Aspirin, Ibuprofen, or other pain-relieving medication
- Aloe vera to treat mild burns
- Insect bite relief pads
- Cotton balls
- Cotton swabs
- A digital thermometer
- Curved scissors—the medical kind that don’t have a pointy edge, and are used for cutting clothing away from an injury
- A needle
- Hand sanitizer
- Saline solution for eye washing or cleaning wounds
- Hot and cold packs—the kind that you just have to snap to activate the heating or cooling sensation
- Synthetic gloves, if you’re dealing with serious wounds
- A CPR mask for mouth-to-mouth resuscitation
- Anti-diarrhea medication
- An Epi-Pen for severe allergic reactions
- Plastic bags for disposing of contaminated items
Our Long Beach Uber and Lyft accident attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience with handling personal injury cases. We do not have any financial risks involved with our services. To schedule a free consultation at our Long Beach personal injury law firm, contact our legal team by calling (562) 396-9874 or emailing [email protected]