Glendale Personal Injury Lawyer
Get Legal Assistance From Our Experienced Glendale Personal Injury Lawyers TodayIf you have suffered injuries due to unlawful actions committed by another party, you may be eligible to file a personal injury claim against them. Going through the process of filing such a claim can feel overwhelming, but with our West Coast Trial Lawyers Glendale personal injury attorneys by your side, you will have a more easy-going experience of putting together a strong and well-constructed claim. Our legal team will handle all of the difficult work while you focus on recovering from any injuries you sustained from the accident. The firm’s objective is to ensure that our clients are satisfied with our services and the outcome of their settlement. With our track record of winning more than 5,000 personal injury cases and recovering over $1 billion in settlements for our clients, we are confident that we will meet or exceed your expectations. Contact our Glendale personal injury law firm today by calling 213-927-3700 or filling out our contact form to schedule a free consultation and learn more about what your personal injury claim could be worth.
Types of Cases Our Glendale Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
- Car Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Uber and Lyft Accidents
- Wrongful Death
- Dog Bites
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Premises Liability
- Truck Accidents
- Bus Accidents
- Scooter Accidents
- Food Delivery Accidents
How Do Personal Injury Claims Work?Each personal injury claim is unique in its own way. A personal injury attorney will assess your claim to determine what appropriate actions are needed to fulfill in order to get you the compensation you deserve for your losses. Your attorney may execute certain types of methods that are necessary for your case, but not for others. The outcome will also vary depending on what evidence was submitted and whether it played a significant role in strengthening your claim. A general approach of handling such a claim will involve the following:
- Step 1: You hire a Glendale personal injury attorney.
- Step 2: Your attorney opens up an investigation into the cause of your accident.
- Step 3: As your attorney is reviewing your case, they will acquire any important evidence that you have provided them with to determine who should be held accountable for your losses.
- Step 4: Once they have determined fault, your attorney will need to accumulate all damages to figure out how much your personal injury claim is worth.
- Step 5: After they have learned what the value of your claim is worth, your attorney will submit a convincing and strong claim.
What to Include in Your Glendale Personal Injury ClaimIt is important for you to have an idea of what type of evidence you should include in your personal injury claim. Acquiring the right documentation will help strengthen your claim and deliver a convincing argument of why the other party should be held responsible for your damages. Below, we have created a list of information you should consider mentioning in your personal injury claim.
- Your perspective of the accident written in a journal or diary. It is important for you to take notes on what caused the accident from your point of view. Make sure to include the time and date of when the incident took place.
- Medical records. Your medical records for treatment relating to the accident should be mentioned in your claim. This includes prescribed medications, procedures, and doctor visits. By inputting these records into your claim, you will be able to show proof that you were, in fact, seriously injured after the accident and needed medical care to recover.
- Other evidence. This includes taking pictures or videos of your injuries and damages, along with the location of where the accident occurred. You should also look around for any witnesses. If you find one nearby, ask them for their contact information. Lastly, you should request to receive a copy of the official police report. Obtaining all of these pieces of information can greatly strengthen your claim.
Determining Fault in a Glendale Personal Injury ClaimDetermining liability in a personal injury case can be difficult, especially when more than one party may be involved. However, an expert Glendale personal injury attorney will assess your case to determine if the primary cause of your injuries and damages were triggered by negligent actions committed by the other party. Liability is typically based on negligence. Negligence is defined as a form of careless or reckless behavior. For example, a motorist who commits one or more of the following will be considered as negligent.
- Texting and driving
- Driving while under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Drowsy driving
- Disobeying traffic laws
- The driver owed you a duty of care;
- The driver breached his or her duty of care through negligence; and
- The driver’s negligence was the primary cause of the injuries and damages you sustained.
What Damages Are Available in a Glendale Personal Injury Claim?There is no guarantee that all personal injury settlement offers will be similar to one another. Since each case is unique, different factors, such as your injuries and the cause of your injuries, will be considered to determine what amount of compensation should be awarded. For example, the more severe your injuries appear to be, the more damage you may be granted. If it is proven that the party who caused the accident did so intentionally or maliciously, additional compensation may be given. Compensatory damages are meant to compensate the victim for any injuries and losses sustained from the accident. In general, you must prove that you were injured in order to be entitled to compensation. Compensatory damages are generally divided into economic damages and non-economic damages. Economic damages include compensation for tangible losses, such as property loss, lost wages, and medical bills. This is intended to compensate a victim for losses a dollar amount can readily be attached to. It is calculated by determining the amount of out-of-pocket losses a victim has or will expect to incur as a result of their injuries. Non-economic damages include intangible losses, such as emotional distress, loss of enjoyment of life, and pain and suffering. This covers losses that are thought of as subjective and will not necessarily cover out-of-pocket losses. Punitive damages is separate from compensatory damages and is intended to punish a wrongdoer for negligent or deliberately harmful behavior. Depending on the circumstances, a California court may award punitive damages. Punitive damages are a form of punishment and are only awarded when a defendant’s behavior is especially harmful or deliberate in nature. It is rare and has only been incorporated in about 5 percent of verdicts. Furthermore, there is no set standard for calculating or awarding punitive damages. Punitive damages are awarded at the court’s discretion and will depend entirely on the specific circumstances of your claim.
Our Glendale Personal Injury Attorneys Are Here to HelpIf you are in need of a Glendale personal injury attorney, West Coast Trial Lawyers is available 24/7 to help you with your situation. Our legal team will devote themselves to your case to ensure that you have a satisfactory end-result to your claim. To schedule a free consultation at our Glendale personal injury law firm, reach out to us by calling 213-927-3700 or filling out our quick contact form.
They know what they're doing, very well. Not only did I not make a single phone call from the day I hired them, but I also received calls from their case managers and paralegals who want to make sure my treatment was going well. They whole team took care of me. Thank you WCTL for taking full responsibility of my case and getting me an amazing settlement.
I can say with confidence that this team is the best in the business. . . . Dean took the time to really listen and hear me out. He assured me that he was going to move mountains because he believed in me, and he ended up doing just that. I’ve never met a more focused and passionate attorney in my life. If you’re looking for a firm that treats its clients with the utmost respect and care, calling WCTL is a no-brainer. I wouldn't think twice about working with them again in the future.