Woodland Hills Burn Injury Lawyer
Call A Burn Injury Attorney In Woodland Hills Today
Woodland Hills is no stranger to fires. There have been several reports released within the past few months about fires taking place in a mall, houses, business buildings, and so on. Unfortunately, fires occur when you least expect it. This is why it is important to be aware of your actions to prevent yourself from starting a fire that will cause serious damage to others and the environment.
If you get burned due to another individual’s negligent actions you may file a lawsuit against them to acquire financial and emotional compensation for damages they suffered. This includes medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress, loss of consortium, property damage, and pain and suffering. It would be ideal to hire a knowledgeable burn injury attorney to help you with your case.
At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Woodland Hills burn injury attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience with handling personal injury cases. We have won over 5,000 cases and have obtained $1 billion in settlements and judgments for our clients. Due to our high success rate in the legal field, we have been recognized as being the #1 personal injury law firm in Woodland Hills.
There are no financial risks involved in our services. You will not be charged with any fees until your case has been won or settled. If you would like to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our Woodland Hills personal injury law firm, contact our 24/7 legal team by calling (818) 839-8900 or emailing [email protected]Chemical Burns There are various factors that contribute to a chemical burn. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Concrete mix.
- Metal cleaners.
- Denture cleaners.
- Bathroom supply cleaners.
- Teeth whitening products.
- Car battery acid.
- Dead skin.
- Shortness of breath.
- Excessive coughing.
- Blurry vision.
- Low blood pressure.
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Cardiac arrest.
- Muscle spasms.
- Swallowed or inhaled.
- Strength of substance.
- Skin contact.
- Length of chemical exposure.
- A total sum of pf.
Chemical burns must get immediate medical attention. If you are suffering from a minor injury, then you should apply first aid on it. Once you have completed this step, it would be ideal to schedule an appointment with a medical expert to examine your burned area. They will provide you with suggestions on what you should do to make the healing process go by quicker. If you have a severe chemical burn injury, you must call 911. The paramedics will arrive and transport you to the hospital for further treatment and care. The hospital will administer tests, such as:
- Blood tests.
- Evaluating the chemical burn.
- Medical experts will provide you with an explanation on what the treatment process will be like to help you get back to normal.
- Antibiotics will be given for pain treatment.
- If you are experiencing any breathing problems, you will be provided with a breathing tube will be placed through your nose.
- Medical creams will be used to apply to your burned area. The nurse will bandage or gauze the cream to keep it in place. This method will help with your pain relief and protect you from getting an infection.
- Depending on your health problem, you may be given a tetanus booster shot.
- IV fluids will be used to regulate your blood pressure and heart rate. Other medications may also be used through the IV to reduce pain and improve your health.
- Once you are released from the hospital, you will need to schedule follow-up appointments to keep your condition stable.
- The appearance of the burned area.
- The amount of pain the victim is suffering from.
- This injury affecting the victim’s life.
Since burn injuries can result in permanent disfigurement and several health problems, the victim may be entitled to damages for enduring physical and emotional pain and suffering. Pain and suffering damages will be given based on what the victim will be going through due to this injury. They may experience shame and embarrassment due to their appearance becoming deformed from the chemical burn.Common Types of Burn Injury Settlements
- Product Liability. Due to a product defect, a hospital patient suffered serious burns after his bed was up in flames. The settlement was $1,000,000. Another victim experienced third-degree burns and permanent scarring after her skirt went into flames. She settled for $4,000,000.
- Negligence. In 1994, a famous case was settled. A woman suffered a third-degree burn that was caused by boiling hot coffee and acquired $640,000 from McDonald’s. Another case took place when a victim sustained second and third-degree burns. A tank exploded and released fumes while the victim was barbecuing. They settled for $970,000.
If you are a burn injury victim and would like to sue the individual at fault, West Coast Trial Lawyers has experienced Woodland Hills burn injury attorneys that will help you get the justice you deserve. We offer a free consultation at our Woodland Hills personal injury law firm. Reach out to our legal staff by calling (818) 839-8900 or emailing [email protected]