Solana Beach Ridesharing Accident Lawyer
A Ridesharing Lawyer Can Help Settle Your Case
Uber and Lyft are very popular ride-sharing companies. People have become accustomed to the idea of requesting a driver to take them to their desired destination. These companies differ greatly from the taxicab business. People are given an app as easy access to utilize Uber or Lyft services. The app provides an estimated price and time for the trip. This gives users an idea of whether or not they could be late to an event and how much they need to pay for the entire trip. Even though these ride-sharing companies are convenient for customers, they may also have some issues.
There are thousands of drivers that occupy the roads on an everyday basis. Unfortunately, many negligent drivers may be included within this number. These drivers choose to disobey the law by performing reckless actions that could result in a collision affecting many people around them. Reports have been released of Uber and Lyft drivers getting into accidents with these types of drivers. Additionally, those who use Uber or Lyft may have the tendency to develop anxiety over who their driver is going to be and how well they are going to drive. Many situations have occurred where the driver is under the influence of drugs or alcohol. These drivers have also performed other negligent actions, such as speeding and disobeying street signs. All of these situations will put a passenger’s life at risk. If you are a victim of an Uber or Lyft accident and would like to sue the driver at-fault, West Coast Trial Lawyers has Solana Beach Uber and Lyft accident attorneys with over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases. We have successfully acquired more than $1 billion in settlements and judgments. Due to our achievements in the legal field, we have been praised as one of the top personal injury law firms in Solana Beach.
Our primary goal is to make sure you get the justice you deserve for the losses you suffered. There are no financial risks involved in our services. You will not be charged with any fees until your case has been won or settled. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our Solana Beach personal injury law firm, please contact our 24/7 legal team by calling (858) 566-7890 or emailing [email protected]What To Do After Getting Involved In An Uber Or Lyft Accident
- Make sure you are okay. Your health should be your #1 priority. You should also check on the other parties involved. If either of you is suffering any injuries, call 911 and request for paramedics to arrive. If you are experiencing minor injuries, it would still be a good idea to seek medical help to get a proper diagnosis of your condition. If you have a moderate or severe injury, the paramedics will transport you to the hospital. There, you will receive medical care and treatment. In either situation, you should ask for a copy of your medical records as a piece of evidence to use for the case.
- Contacting the police. Once you have notified the police about the accident, they will arrive on the scene and conduct a police report. You should request for an official copy of the police report to use for your case.
- Gather evidence. If possible, take pictures or video footage of the accident and your injury. Note down the driver who was taking you to your destination. Document their name, license number, phone number, and insurance information. You should also exchange information with the other parties involved in the collision. This includes acquiring their name(s), phone number(s), and insurance information. Lastly, if there are any witnesses around, ask them if they are okay with partaking in your case. If they are fine with it, get their name(s) and phone number(s).
- Reach out to an experienced Uber or Lyft accident attorney. The attorney will legally assist you with your case and make sure you get the appropriate amount of financial and emotional compensation you deserve. This includes obtaining medical expenses, emotional distress, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering.
- Period 0. This is when the driver is not logged into the app. If they get into a collision while they are still offline, then they will not be compensated by Uber or Lyft. However, their personal automobile insurance policy coverage will pay off the damages.
- Period 1. This period is when the driver is online and waiting to receive a request. If the driver gets into an accident while they are waiting to get notified of a passenger requesting their services, then Uber and Lyft will offer $50,000 per bodily injury, $100,000 per incident, and $25,000 for property damage.
- Period 2. This is when the driver accepts a user’s request and is on the way to pick them up. While they are driving to the user’s address, they get into an accident. Under this type of circumstance, Uber or Lyft will provide $1 million in:
- Uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage.
This is a limited list of what you may be given. There is more collision coverage
- Period 3. The driver has picked up the passenger and is on the way to the selected destination. During this drive, they get into a collision with another vehicle. Both ride-sharing companies will offer similar coverage as those stated in Period 2.
If you are an Uber or Lyft accident victim and need help getting legal advice, West Coast Trial Lawyers has experienced Solana Beach Uber and Lyft accident attorneys that will help you recover financial compensation for the losses you have suffered, including medical bills, emotional distress, property damage, lost wages, and more. We offer a free consultation at our Solana Beach personal injury law firm. Reach out to our legal team 24/7 by calling (858) 566-7890 or emailing [email protected]