Riverside Burn Injury Lawyer
Get Help With Your Medical Bills
Relentlessly, California wildfires have devastated many regions including Beverly Hills, Los Angeles, and Riverside. According to a 2019 report, Riverside experienced a rash of wildfires that consumed over 2,000 acres and relocated over 570 residents. Under these conditions, burn injuries may arise. Those who suffer from a burn injury may endure physical damage, such as blisters, swelling, and scarring.
If you were burned due to the negligence of another party, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Riverside burn injury attorneys have won over 5,000 cases and recovered more than $1 billion in settlements for our clients. Due to our achievements, we have been recognized as one of the top personal injury law firms in Riverside.
To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our Riverside personal injury law firm, contact our 24/7 legal team by calling (951) 393-1299 or emailing [email protected].
Types of Burns
The amount of compensation you may receive from your insurance settlement directly depends on the severity of your losses and the costs of your medical bills. In most circumstances, burns are divided into one of three categories, based on the harshness of the wound.
Listed below are the three types of burns:
- First-degree. This has a red appearance that is both painful and dry. It primarily affects the outer layer of the skin (epidermis). Generally, there is no long-term damage. You will experience noticeable redness in the beginning stages. Near the end of your recovery, it will fade away.
- Second-degree. This causes damage to the outer layer of your skin and the layer underneath (dermis). The appearance of the burn will appear bright red, swollen, and blistered.
- Deep partial-thickness burn. Leaves a scar on the skin, along with having your skin permanently change color.
- Third-degree. This primarily targets the nerve endings. It will destroy the epidermis and dermis. Third-degree burns could potentially impact the subcutaneous, which is the innermost layer of the skin. The burn will appear as a white, black, brown, or yellow shade.
- Fourth-degree. This causes the deepest and most severe burns. Fourth-degree burns may result in a life-threatening situation. All layers of your skin, including your muscles, bones, and tendons, will get destroyed.
Common Places Where Burn Injuries Occur
In California, there are several places where you can incur a burn injury. Riverside is not exempt and every year there are record-shattering statistics regarding severe fire and burn injuries. Common places where burns can take place include:
- Restaurants. Due to the high demand and fast-paced culture of the restaurant industry, there are those who have suffered unexpected burns from a hot dish, food item, or most famously, from a steaming cup of coffee. Though it is the restaurant’s duty to keep their food warm and at safe temperatures, it is also important to give the guest ample warning, as some unsuspecting victims have suffered both second and third-degree burns from restaurants due to lack of warning labels.
- Tanning Salons. When using a tanning bed, you are assuming a certain level of responsibility given that you are willingly and actively choosing to use one. Comparative negligence may be applicable if each party has a share of the misconduct that led to an injury.
- Your Own Home. Stove and oven burns often happen in your own home. The use of certain home products, such as deodorant or acne medication, can also cause a chemical burn. If these companies do not provide any warning labels stating that the product can cause a chemical burn, then you may be entitled to receive compensation.
West Coast Trial Lawyers Is Here to Help
If you have sustained injuries in Riverside as a result of a burn-related injury, a Riverside personal injury attorney at West Coast Trial Lawyers can help you recover economic and non economic damages, such as medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.