Personal Injury Firm in Los Angeles
Scooters are a popular form of transportation, as they are fun, inexpensive, and economical. However, it is no secret that they are also dangerous. Because scooters offer little protection to riders, people who ride them are susceptible to severe injuries and even death. Our scooter accident lawyers have years of experience in representing scooter accident victims.
More and more people are using scooters to get around town because they are easy to use when making short trips. But as more people begin to use scooters regularly, the number of accidents are on the rise as well, which raises a big concern. Scooter riders are at a huge risk because the protective gear can only secure their safety to a small extent. In addition, there are many people who choose not to wear protective gear, which increases their chances of serious injuries or fatalities even further.
Because scooters are significantly smaller in comparison to other vehicles, riders have the leverage to weave in and out of traffic and onto sidewalks, which puts bicyclists and pedestrians at risk as well.
Even if a scooter is traveling at slow speeds, the impact that a scooter rider may face in an accident can result in traumatic brain injuries, spine injuries, broken bokes, lacerations, and much more. The consequences of a scooter accident have the potential to change one’s life drastically – physically, emotionally, mentally, and financially.
If you or someone you know was involved in a scooter accident caused by a negligent party, it is important to consult with a scooter accident attorney for guidance. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our team of scooter accident lawyers have the knowledge, resources, and expertise to take on your case so we can get you to living a healthy and happy life again. Scooter accident victims should know that there are options for them to turn their life around.
At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our scooter accident attorneys have over 40 years of experience. We are committed scooter accident attorneys that will ensure justice is served for those who have fallen victim in a scooter accident.
Common Causes of Scooter Accidents
There are several factors that may be the cause of a scooter accident, including negligent drivers, poorly maintained roads, debris, defective parts, weather conditions, and more. It is important to always be aware of your surroundings when operating a scooter.
• Negligent drivers: Negligent drivers, such as those who drive under the influence of drugs or alcohol and distracted drivers can easily cause an accident.
• Poorly maintained roads: Poorly maintained roads can be extremely dangerous for scooter riders. Pot holes, cracks, uneven pavement, and other roadway hazards can cause a scooter rider to lose control.
• Defective parts: Scooter defects or malfunctions can lead to an accident.
• Debris: Debris, including, branches, rocks, litter, shredded tires, and other fallen objects are also common causes of scooter accidents.
• Weather conditions: Wind, rain, and snow can easily cause a scooter rider to lose control.
What Should I Do If I Was Involved In A Scooter Accident?
If you have been involved in a scooter accident, you should take the following steps:
1. Call the police. A police report plays an important role in proving liability.
2. Take photos. Take photos of the property damage to all the vehicles involved, injuries, road conditions, traffic signs, and traffic signals.
3. Exchange information with other parties. Make sure to exchange information with the other drivers involved in the accident, including names, addresses, driver license, and insurance information. In addition, document the make, model, year, and license plate of the vehicles involved in the accident.
4. Obtain contact information from witnesses. If there was anyone who witnessed the accident, you should obtain their contact information so your attorney can get a statement regarding your case.
5. Be careful what you say at the scene. After an accident, emotions are running high, which is normal. People may say things out of anger or stress, so always be careful what you say. Your words may hurt your case and can be used against you.
6. Contact a lawyer. You should never try to handle a case on your own. Call a scooter accident lawyer as soon as possible, so we can handle each part of your case for you, so you can focus on your health and recovery.
How A Scooter Accident Attorney Can Help
Our team will do whatever it takes for our clients, because we are firm believers in obtaining justice and compensation for those who have been involved in an accident. We understand the hardships that victims and their families go through, which is not easy obstacles to overcome alone. You will have a dedicated team of scooter accident attorneys handling your case from the very beginning until the end.
Our team of scooter accident lawyers will communicate with insurance companies, schedule doctor’s visits, handle property damage, negotiate your bills, and everything in between so you can focus on your health. In addition, we will fight until the very end, so that we can get the maximum compensation for your losses and suffering.
Unlike many other law firms, our scooter accident attorneys are available 24/7. You can always count on our team to be there when you need us the most. We take pride in offering the best service to our clients and are driven to get the best results.
We do not charge any upfront fees. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means, if we do not win your case, you do not pay anything. Call us today at (888) 888-9285 for a free, no-obligation consultation to speak about your case.