Pasadena Uber and Lyft Accident Lawyers
Pasadena Rideshare Accidents
Uber and Lyft are the most popular ridesharing services that are used for transportation. These two apps are available to use in all of the cities located throughout California, including Pasadena. Pasadena residents conveniently use these transportation apps to get to their destination of choice.
Individuals who decide to go out for a drink also use Uber or Lyft to prevent themselves from driving home drunk. Even though Uber and Lyft offer a convenient experience for users to access their services, they have both been scrutinized for hiring drivers who have displayed reckless acts of driving or assaulted passengers.
Passengers that have been a victim of a reckless or criminal Uber/Lyft driver should reach out to a Pasadena Uber and Lyft accident attorney to file a claim against the company. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our attorneys will provide you with legal help and guidance to ensure that you will have a high chance of winning your case. Our Pasadena personal injury law firm has won over $1 billion in settlements and judgments for our clients. We are confident that you will be satisfied with what we have to offer.
West Coast Trial Lawyers has been recognized as the #1 personal injury law firm in Pasadena due to us winning over 5,000 cases. There are no financial risks involved when you use our services. No fees will be charged until we win or settle your case. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation with our Pasadena Uber and Lyft accident attorneys. Contact our 24/7 legal team to schedule an appointment by calling (626) 412-8157 or emailing [email protected]What Protections Does Uber Offer?
To protect its workers and passengers, Uber provides:
- Friends and family follow. Uber authorizes friends and family to check on your route. This comes in handy in situations where friends or family feel the need to check up on you to make sure that you have safely made it to your destination.
- Rating system. The passenger is asked to rate the driver based on their driving and communication skills. The driver is also given the opportunity to rate how well passengers behaved during the ride to their destination. If the passenger has a low rating for any reason, they are no longer permitted to use the app. If the driver has a low rating, they will get fired.
- In-app assistance. In case of emergencies, Uber has established a built-in feature that will send your trip information instantly to local authorities.
- GPS tracking. Uber keeps records of all the trips and routes users have taken. This will help with complaints being sent in by passengers regarding a bad experience they may have had. It may also be used for emergencies.
- Family Protection. Uber offers Partner Injury Protection insurance to protect Uber partners from:
- Physical or mental incapacity regarding driving.
- Health problems setting them back from working which makes it difficult for them to pay off their expenses.
- Insurance. Uber provides protection against uninsured motorists and hit-and-run accidents.
- Cash value for the car. With a $1,000 deductible, you are able to get your car insured for the cash value.
- Uber decal. Drivers are required to place this on the right side of the windshield. This will make it easier for a passenger to identify their assigned Uber driver.
- Vehicle inspection. Drivers must get their cars checked once a year or every 50,000 miles. This is done to make sure that drivers operate vehicles that are in good condition and are capable of taking passengers to their desired locations.
- Background check. Drivers are expected to pass an annual background check. They will not be eligible to drive until this has been completed.
- Age restriction. Passengers under 18 years old are not allowed to use ridesharing services. Drivers are not permitted to accept requests from minors to take them to their destination.
If you work under Uber as a driver, you are allowed to sue the company. In fact, there are many ongoing lawsuits that have been filed against Uber. However, the attention of the media has been primarily caught by a pending national class-action lawsuit. Drivers want compensation because Uber has been allegedly inflicting acts of misconduct against them. The issue of employee misclassification is serious, and based on what Uber drivers have reported, the rideshare company has not properly distributed tips and has not offered employee benefits.
If you were injured as a passenger, you will be covered by Uber’s commercial liability coverage. You are also permitted to file a lawsuit against Uber if your injuries were caused by your negligent driver. Uber has a $1 million commercial policy. If the damages you suffered exceed the drivers’ personal insurance coverage, then Uber’s policy will cover the remaining amount.
Additionally, if the driver was at-fault for the collision, you may also file a lawsuit against them. However, if the driver was either uninsured or underinsured, Uber’s policy will still cover losses that are up to $1 million per`accident.How Much Compensation Can I Get From An Uber Settlement?
There is no tried and tested way to make an accurate prediction about how much money you may recover from an Uber settlement. In some instances, the plaintiff’s damages are measured along with liability. To get a better understanding regarding available damages, it is best to hire an experienced Pasadena Uber/Lyft accident attorney.
It is recommended to contact an experienced ridesharing attorney immediately after being harmed or injured in an Uber/Lyft related accident. An experienced ridesharing attorney with our firm will give you the necessary legal advice and guidance to help you achieve the best possible settlement in your case.Contact Us
If you were involved in an Uber/Lyft accident, West Coast Trial Lawyers has Pasadena Uber/Lyft accident attorneys that have extensive background experience handling these types of personal injury cases. Our Pasadena Uber/Lyft accident attorneys will make sure that you receive maximum financial and emotional compensation for the losses you have suffered from this collision. This includes medical bills, property damage, lost wages, emotional distress, and pain and suffering. There are no fees charged until we win or settle your case. Reach out to our legal team 24/7 by calling (626) 412-8157 or emailing [email protected] for further questions or assistance