Pasadena Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Get Help With Your Medical Bills
Pedestrian Injury Cases
Trucks are a powerful force when they are involved in an accident. Pasadena streets are filled with thousands of vehicles on a daily basis. It is difficult for a truck driver to make his or her way around this area. Because of such heavy traffic congestion, it is important for a truck driver to drive with extra caution, especially in a vehicle with such large blind spots. Failure to drive carefully may result in a truck accident that may potentially leave the truck driver facing legal and financial consequences for their negligent behavior.
At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we provide legal help and expert assistance for injured truck accident victims. We have been recognized as one of the time personal injury law firms in Pasadena. Our Pasadena truck accident attorneys have won over 5,000 cases and have recovered more than $1 billion in settlements. With over 60 years of collective legal experience, we are confident that you will be satisfied with what we have to offer.
There are no financial risks involved when using our services. No fees will be charged until your case has been won or settled. Our legal team is available to contact 24/7. Call us at (626) 412-8157 or email [email protected] to schedule your free consultation.Common Causes Of Truck Accidents In Pasadena
There are various factors that may contribute towards causing a truck accident. These include:
- Speeding. Truck drivers are under strict delivery deadlines that must be met. There are many circumstances that may delay truck drivers, such as traffic, accidents, or poor weather conditions. If a truck driver is experiencing a delay that causes them to fall back on their schedule, they may feel obligated to speed, which can cause an unnecessary accident risk.
- No maintenance checks. It is important for trucks to go through a maintenance check before going out on the road. Trucks need to meet safety requirements to ensure that there will be no chances of a breakdown or malfunction happening in the middle of the highway.
- Lack of experience. If a truck driver has not gone through an appropriate amount of training or does not have an official commercial driver’s license, they should not be operating a truck on public roads. Not only will they be putting their lives at risk, but they may also harm other drivers nearby.
- Fatigue. This is one of the most common causes of a truck accident. Since truck drivers work long hours, they tend to become sleepy and tired. Additionally, they are pressured into meeting deadlines. This makes it difficult for them to take appropriate breaks, thus resulting in sleep deprivation. If truck drivers do not get enough sleep and are fatigued, it is almost inevitable for them to fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Distracted. Truck drivers may tend to become bored after driving for several hours on the road. They could eventually start using their phones to check text messages or go on the internet. They might also start playing around with technology, such as a radio or stereo. Taking their eyes off the road, regardless of whether it was only for a few seconds, could result in a collision.
- Under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It is common for truck drivers to consume drugs or alcohol to relieve the stress of meeting deadlines. Certain substances may also be used to keep themselves awake until they reach their destination. However, driving under the influence is a negligent act that should not be done. Truck drivers are operating a large vehicle that could cause significant damage to other drivers if not operated safely. All truck drivers have an added duty of care while behind the wheel.
- Check for poor weather conditions. It is highly suggested to check the weather before taking the truck out on a drive. This will help you get an idea of how to best prepare yourself while on the road.
- Drive cautiously at night. You should take extra precautions when driving at night, such as using appropriate lighting. Also, make sure you drive slowly and check your surroundings frequently.
- Maintain your speed. Do not exceed the speed limit. Since commercial trucks react more slowly to unexpected situations, it is important to maintain your speed at a safe level. You should also drive slowly when making turns or using on-ramps. Do not feel pressured by other cars behind you. Your safety is far more important.
- Do not make frequent lane changes. Trucks have huge blind spots, which is why making unnecessary lane changes will increase the chances of a collision. Lane changes are only necessary when a truck driver needs to go in a different direction, but they must be done cautiously. You must always be mindful of your blind spots and pay attention to them when switching to another lane.
- Make sure you are in good health. Truck drivers could be sleep deprived or fatigued while on the road. It is important to stop and take a break if health conditions continue to worsen. Your health is more important. It is ideal to get out of your truck and take a nice walk to work out your legs. You should also get some food to keep yourself energized while on the road for several hours.
- Do a maintenance check. As stated before, maintenance checks are required. You need to make sure that your truck follows safety guidelines standards. If you make a stop for a rest break, you should also take the time to check the truck to make sure it is still in good condition.
- Give extra space in front of your truck. Allowing a good amount of space in front of you will keep you out of potential danger. Additionally, you will have more time to react to any hazards you may come across. Overall, the more space you give yourself, the safer you will be from getting into a truck accident.
- Use GPS. There is a custom GPS made primarily for truck drivers. This GPS makes it more convenient for truck drivers to know where they must exit or how close they are to their exit. Additionally, it gives information on nearby traffic conditions.
- Try to avoid traffic. If it is possible, try to avoid driving in traffic. Driving in heavy traffic conditions could increase your chances of getting into a truck accident.
If you were involved in a truck accident, West Coast Trial Lawyers has Pasadena truck accident attorneys that have experience with handling these types of personal injury cases. To schedule a free, no-obligation consultation at our Pasadena personal injury law firm, reach out to our legal team by calling (626) 412-8157 or emailing [email protected]