Pasadena Scooter Accident Lawyer
Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer Today
E-scooters are becoming more commonly used for transportation. With companies such as Uber, Lyft, and Bird offering easy access to operate these vehicles, many people have become more interested in taking one out for a ride. E-scooters can be seen parked in various areas around Pasadena, including the Pasadena Community College campus, public parks, or near business buildings where people are rushing to get to work on time.
Even though e-scooters are convenient to use, they may also carry a high risk of accidents or death. Circumstances that may cause an e-scooter rider harm include:
- Being unaware of how to properly use an e-scooter,
- Speeding, or
- Not paying attention to the road.
If you have been involved in an e-scooter accident and need help getting the maximum financial and emotional compensation you deserve, West Coast Trial Lawyers has experienced Pasadena scooter accident attorneys readily available to handle your case. Our Pasadena personal injury law firm has won more than 5,000 cases, accumulating over $1 billion in settlements for our clients. With over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases, we are confident that we will deliver a good outcome to your settlement. Contact us today by calling (626) 412-8157 or emailing [email protected] to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
Are E-Scooters Dangerous?
Yes. There are many risks involved when an individual is operating an e-scooter, including:
- Reckless behavior. Riders may take advantage of the e-scooter they are using by riding at high speeds or performing dangerous stunts while on the road. Reckless behavior could lead to a collision with a vehicle or pedestrian.
- Negligent drivers. Drivers who are not following the rules of the road could put their lives at risk, along with others nearby, including e-scooter riders.
- Since e-scooters are smaller than cars and motorcycles, it could be difficult to see one from a motorist’s perspective.
- Lack of protection. E-scooters do not offer any protection for the rider if they were to get into an accident. There are no safety bags or seat belts for the rider to use. Due to these reasons, e-scooter riders may face the worst types of injuries if involved in an accident.
- No experience. Individuals who have little to no experience using an e-scooter could put themselves in a dangerous situation. It is better to practice using an e-scooter before riding one in densely populated areas.
- Road hazards. Road hazards, such as faulty pavements, potholes, debris, or gravel can trigger an e-scooter rider to lose control of their vehicle.
- Stability problems. E-scooters may become difficult to control when making a sudden brake or swerve.
There are various types of injuries a rider may sustain after getting into an e-scooter accident. Common injuries include:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI),
- Internal bleeding, or
- Broken bones.
It is always recommended for a victim of an accident to get checked by a medical professional as soon as possible, even if the wound is minor. The doctor will run tests to determine if you may need to go through a treatment plan to recover from whatever injury you sustained from the accident.
Furthermore, if you are planning on filing a lawsuit against the party who you believe is at-fault for your injuries, you may use your doctor visits as a piece of evidence to include in your claim. E-scooter riders who instantly pass away after a collision may have a family member file a wrongful death lawsuit against the party at-fault for any losses.
It is highly urged to contact an experienced personal injury attorney to help get you started on the process of filing a claim. The attorney will also negotiate with insurance companies to get you the maximum compensation you deserve to cover for any economic and non-economic damages caused by the accident, such as medical bills, lost wages, emotional distress, and pain and suffering.
Safety Tips for Riding an E-Scooter
E-scooters are a fun and convenient way to travel. However, they are risky to use. This is why it is important to learn safety tips on how to properly ride an e-scooter.
- Pay attention to your surroundings. Make sure that you are putting your full focus on the road. If you want to make any lane changes, you must cautiously observe your surroundings to determine whether it would be a good idea to proceed on to the other lane.
- Wear safety gear. Since e-scooters do not offer protection, it is important for the rider to wear safety gear that will help them avoid serious injuries if they are involved in a scooter accident. Ideal items to wear as safety gear include a helmet, gloves, leather jacket, and knee and elbow pads.
- Do a maintenance check. Before taking your e-scooter out for a ride, it is highly suggested to do a maintenance check to see if everything is in good condition.
- Keep an eye out for road hazards. Make sure to put your attention on the road and always remain prepared to avoid riding over a road hazard. You should also analyze your surroundings to determine when it would be safe for you to make sudden movements that will not result in an accident with other vehicles nearby.
- Do not ride in poor weather conditions. It will be difficult to properly operate an e-scooter during bad weather conditions, especially if it is heavily raining, hailing, or snowing outside. The roads may dramatically change and make it nearly impossible to ride on without losing control.
- Do not share the e-scooter. E-scooters are made for one individual to use. Adding more people may cause one or both individuals to fall off, which can result in serious injuries.
- Do not ride under the influence of drugs or alcohol. To properly ride an e-scooter, you must be mentally and physically aware of your surroundings at all times. Consuming drugs or alcohol will impair your vision and affect your state of mind, thus increasing the likelihood of an e-scooter accident.
If you or a loved one were victims of an e-scooter accident in Pasadena, West Coast Trial Lawyers has experienced Pasadena e-scooter accident attorneys that are available 24/7 to assist you with your needs. There are no financial risks involved when using our services.