Pasadena Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Pedestrian Injury Cases
Pedestrian accidents are very common in Pasadena. Due to its severity, victims of pedestrian accidents are typically required to seek medical attention to recover from their injuries. Additionally, they must act immediately to recover maximum compensation for the losses they endured as a result of their accident. Recoverable losses include medical expenses, emotional distress, lost wages, property damage, and pain and suffering. To recover maximum compensation, it is ideal to contact a Pasadena pedestrian accident attorney as soon as possible.
At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Pasadena pedestrian accident attorneys have extensive experience successfully handling these types of cases. We have won over 5,000 cases and recovered over $1 billion for our clients. Our Pasadena pedestrian accident attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience and we are devoted to helping pedestrian accident victims get the justice they deserve. Our Pasadena personal injury law firm is always available to speak with. Contact us today by calling (626) 412-8157 or emailing [email protected]
What Causes Pedestrian Accidents? A large portion of pedestrian accidents in Pasadena is caused by reckless drivers. However, other circumstances that may cause pedestrian injuries include:
- A bicyclist or skateboarder riding on the street.
- A runner or group of runners that could potentially push a pedestrian in their way.
- A group of people aggressively walking past a pedestrian.
- A parked car that opens the door near a pedestrian, thus resulting in injuries.
- A hostile dog that is unleashed and ready to attack anyone in its way.
- Large vehicles, such as trucks or buses that have mirrors extending onto a sidewalk.
- Children running around and physically impacting a pedestrian.
What To Do After Being Involved In A Pedestrian Accident If you were involved in a pedestrian accident in Pasadena, it is highly suggested that you act quickly to protect your rights and recover maximum financial and emotional compensation for the losses you endured. We recommend:
- Gathering information to use as evidence for your case. You must include:
- The name(s), phone number(s), driver’s license(s) and insurance information for all individuals involved in the accident.
- The names and badge numbers of the police officers present at the scene.
- Photographic evidence of the accident. Video footage is also recommended.
- Contact information, such as names and phone numbers from bystanders that gave the consent to be involved in the case.
- Seek medical treatment. You should be concerned with your health after you are involved in a pedestrian accident. Visit a physician immediately and get checked to determine whether your injuries are minor, moderate, or severe. In some circumstances, injury symptoms do not emerge for a few days, weeks, or even months, which is why you should get checked out as soon as possible.
- Not admitting fault or suggest who is at fault. Avoid doing this, even if you were responsible for the situation. You should also not talk about the accident at all. Any information you provide or statements you make can be used against you.
- Not negotiating with the insurance company. Insurance companies are not on your side. They will convince you into settling for less compensation than you deserve. It is highly recommended to reach out to an experienced Pasadena pedestrian accident attorney to give you legal guidance and help handle your case.
Damages For A Pedestrian Accident There are three types of damages that a victim may receive after being involved in a pedestrian accident.
- Punitive damages. This type of compensation is intended to punish the negligent individual who caused the accident. It is generally awarded to the victim if the defendant’s behavior was overly reckless. However, it is rare for punitive damages to be awarded. Only 5 percent of settlements include punitive damages.
- Economic damages. This type of damages are created to give the victim compensation for what they tangibly lost due to the accident. This includes, but is not limited to recovery for:
- Current medical expenses, along with future medical expenses. If the injury has left the victim in need of current and long term medical care for their recovery, then their medical bills will also be covered.
- Lost wages. If the accident has restricted the victim from going back to work and making money, they will start losing income. However, they can be compensated for the amount of money they have lost, along with what they will lose in the future because they had to care for injuries that were caused by the collision.
- Non-economic damages.
- Pain and Suffering, emotional distress, and loss of enjoyment of life. Not only will the plaintiff suffer from physical pain, but they may also go through mental pain, as well. The victim may experience mental anguish, fear, anxiety, depression, or anger after going through such a horrific experience. They could also experience post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). If these symptoms continue to worsen after the accident, it is important for the victim to seek medical attention to recover. These issues may, unfortunately, cause a victim to have a hard time going to work and socialize less with friends and family. Loss of enjoyment of life and emotional distress tie into this type of situation. All of this will be compensated for because it was directly triggered by the accident.
If you or a loved one have fallen victim to a pedestrian accident, West Coast Trial Lawyers is available 24/7 to help. Our Pasadena personal injury attorneys will help you get the financial and emotional compensation you deserve. There are no risks involved when you use our services. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation at our Pasadena personal injury law firm. No fees are charged until we win or settle your case. Reach out to our legal team by calling (626) 412-8157 or emailing [email protected]