Long Beach Burn Injury Lawyer
Talk to a Personal Injury Lawyer About Your Burn Case
Fires may occur for a variety of reasons, such as natural causes, vehicle accidents, power-line damage, man-made accidents, or intentional acts.
Victims of a burn injury may file a lawsuit against the individual at-fault for causing their injuries. However, the end result of the case varies depending on the situation. If the victim succeeds, they will be awarded financial and emotional compensation for damages relating to the fire. This includes medical expenses, lost wages, emotional distress, property damage, or pain and suffering.
To get an idea of whether or not you are entitled to file a burn injury lawsuit, it is best to speak to an experienced burn injury attorney. At West Coast Trial Lawyers we have Long Beach burn injury attorneys with over 60 years of collective legal experience in handling personal injury cases. Our attorneys are devoted to ensure you have a satisfactory end result to your settlement. We have a primary goal of making sure our clients get the justice they deserve for losses they have suffered from their burn injury.
There are no financial risks involved when you use our services. You will not be charged with any fees until your case has been won or settled. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation at our Long Beach personal injury law firm. Reach out to us by calling (562) 396-9874 or emailing [email protected] Our legal team is available 24/7 to handle your emails or calls.Tanning Salon Burns
If you are excessively exposing yourself to the sun, then you are increasing the chances of damaging your skin, along with suffering from other diseases. This includes:
- Skin cancer. Your skin is vulnerable to sunlight. Exposing yourself to too much will make it more likely for you to get skin cancer. Skin cancer can develop all over the body. The most common area for this cancer to be found is on the legs. Women are more likely to get affected.
- Skin prematurely aging. Allowing your skin to get exposed to tanning beds and the sun on a continuous basis may cause burns to occur. This will make it more likely for your skin to start aging quicker than usual. You will start to appear older than your actual age. A term that relates to this type of situation is called photoaging. Photoaging is used to describe the skin aging from UV light.
Photoaging can cause:
- Wrinkly skin,
- Weak connective tissue,
- Dry skin,
- Dark or discolored spots located around your face, hands, chest, arms, back, or chest.
- Eye damage. If your eyes are exposed to UV light, it can damage your lens, retina, or cornea. You will start to experience vision impairment or blurry vision.
- Precancerous skin lesions. Scaly patches will be visibly noticeable around areas that have been affected by UV light. These patches may appear as shades of:
- Pink, or
- Tenderness, or
A minor burn could be healed by using at-home remedies. However, if these remedies are not helping, then you should seek medical attention from a doctor. It is important to act fast. If you fail to contact a medical expert, then your burn will worsen.Treatment
- First-Degree Burn. This usually causes a mild burn. Noticeable symptoms of a first-degree burn include:
- Pain, or
- Minor inflammation.
This can take 3 to 20 days to recover. Helpful treatments for this type of burn include:
- Apply aloe vera.
- Take cool showers.
- Apply cool compresses.
- Discuss with your doctor about your injury. They could recommend anti-inflammatory drugs, such as ibuprofen, Advil, or Aleve.
You must seek immediate medical attention if you are dealing with:
- Blisters bigger than two inches,
- Need for a tetanus shot, or
- Constant pain or swelling.
- Second-Degree Burn. Visible symptoms of this type of burn include:
- Deep redness, or
- Wet or shiny burn area.
Treatments for this burn include:
- Using a bandage or gauze to cover the burned area.
- Applying cool water for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Applying cool compresses.
- Taking prescribed antibiotics.
- A tetanus shot.
If these suggested treatments are not working, then you should visit a doctor about your burn injury. They will run tests to determine a diagnosis for your problem. Once the doctor has your results, they will tell you what they think would be best for you to do.Legal Rights
Using a tanning salon is a voluntary decision. It can be difficult to determine whether or not legal rights to compensation will be available to the client. It is possible for tanning bed manufacturers to be held liable for the client experiencing serious burns if they purposefully did not mention the dangers that came along with using their beds. Additionally, selling a defective tanning bed could also hold the manufacturer liable. Salons may also be held liable for knowing about potential dangers, but choosing not to notify their clients about it. They may also be accountable for not checking on their clients while using their tanning beds.Contact Us
If you have sustained injuries in the city of Long Beach as a result of a burn accident, West Coast Trial Lawyers has experienced Long Beach burn injury attorneys that can help you recover financial and emotional compensation for the losses you have suffered. This includes medical bills, property damage, emotional distress, lost wages, or pain and suffering. Call West Coast Trial Lawyers today at (562) 396-9874 or email [email protected] to schedule a free consultation at our Long Beach personal injury law firm.