Long Beach Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Get Help With Your Medical Bills
Long Beach bicyclists have a high chance of being involved in a bicycle accident, especially because they are riding in a densely populated area. Since the beginning of 2019, there have been nearly 20 bicyclists who have passed away after being hit by a car. Additionally, several reports have included bicycle accidents involving cars.
Typical scenarios that occur in a bike and car collision are:
- The driver misjudged the rider’s speed and made an attempt to pass. However, it was not successful and they both collided.
- When the driver does not respect the bike zone and chooses to occupy it. Unfortunately, the driver does not do a good job of carefully observing the road before making a decision to change lanes. This could cause a collision between the two.
- The driver is under the influence of alcohol and is impaired. This will make them have a difficult time making appropriate decisions on the road, which may result in an accident with a nearby bicyclist.
To prevent bicyclists from getting into an accident, Long Beach has established cycling laws that ban bicycles from entering certain pedestrian areas. There are also speed limits and other rules posted for bicyclists to follow. This will prevent them from speeding, along with obeying important safety rules applying to bicycle users. Even though there are laws created to prevent injuries or death from occurring, people may still choose to go against these laws.
If you or a loved one were victims of a bicycle accident and are interested in filing a lawsuit against the individual at-fault, West Coast Trial Lawyers has Long Beach bicycle accident attorneys with over 60 years of collective legal experience. We are determined to make sure you get the maximum emotional and financial compensation you deserve for the losses you have suffered from the accident. This includes medical expenses, property damage, emotional distress, lost wages, and pain and suffering. We have won over $1 billion in settlements and judgments for our clients. Due to the amount of success we have achieved, we are confident that you will not be disappointed in our services.
If you are interested in having our Long Beach bicycle accident attorneys handle your case, you must schedule an appointment first. We offer a free, no-obligation consultation at our Long Beach personal injury law firm. Contact us by calling (562) 396-9874 or emailing [email protected]. Our friendly legal team is available 24/7 to take your calls or emails.Most Common Bicycle Accident Injuries
California is one of the most popular states with the highest bicyclist deaths caused by car accidents. This is alarming information and proves that bicyclists are at a high risk of getting involved in a collision. Some of the primary reasons as to why cars hit bicyclists are as follows:
- The bicycle’s size is much smaller than the average car. If a bicyclist is riding behind a vehicle, they could possibly be in a blind spot. This will make the driver think that no one is behind them if they want to make a turn or change lanes. It is important for bicyclists to remain in the bike zone and avoid a car’s blind spot to be visible to others nearby.
- The driver could be driving recklessly on the road and not following road rules.
- The bicyclist may be inexperienced and could lose control of their bike.
- The bicycle could have defects and suffer a malfunction. This is why it is important to do a test run before taking the bike out for a ride.
Once a bicyclist gets involved in an accident, they could suffer from a physical or mental injury. Common physical injuries include:
- Brain injury. It is a good decision to put a helmet on to protect your head while riding a bike. Since a bicycle does not offer a sufficient amount of protection against collisions, the rider could fall and potentially land on their head. This is why it is important to wear protective gear to make the fall less dangerous. Failure to do so will result in a serious head or brain injury.
- Facial injury. Your face could suffer a variety of injuries if it is the first thing to make contact with the ground. Common injuries include missing teeth, fractured cheekbones, damages eye sockets, or a broken jaw or nose. You might also experience difficulties breathing, permanent discoloration, or facial swelling, pain, and numbness.
- Spinal cord injury. It is very dangerous to suffer damage to your spine. Any damage done to the spinal cord may be permanent. Different parts of the body will be affected, depending on the area of the spine that was injured. Since it is connected to the nervous system and the brain, the forceful impact may cause:
- Loss of movement,
- Extreme back pain,
- Difficulty breathing,
- Loss of sensation,
- Loss of bladder or bowel movement control, or
- Lack of balance.
- Wrongful death. Long Beach bicyclists could suffer a wrongful death for many reasons.
- The driver was intoxicated while operating their vehicle, thus colliding with bicyclists nearby.
- The driver decided to occupy the bike zone. However, they did not notice the bicyclist in the lane and crashed into them.
- The driver was texting and driving while on the road and swerved into the bike zone, thus causing a collision with the bicyclist.
The most common mental injury is post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). After a bicyclist has been involved in a bicycle accident, they may start feeling too afraid to use their bike again. They could suffer from anxiety, depression, insomnia, nightmares, or mental anguish. It is important to see a therapist to help you overcome your emotional trauma. You may also file a lawsuit against the individual at-fault. It is likely that you will receive financial and emotional compensation for these losses. This includes medical expenses, lost wages, emotional distress, property damage, and pain and suffering. To increase your chances of winning the case, you should hire an experienced bicycle accident attorney to give you legal guidance.Contact Us
If you have sustained injuries as a result of a bicycle accident, you have the right to hold the guilty party responsible. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our Long Beach bicycle accident attorney will help you get the justice you deserve. If you are interested in using our services, please contact our Long Beach personal injury law firm. Call us today at (562) 396-9874 or email [email protected] to schedule a free consultation with our experienced, caring and compassionate legal team.