Glendale Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Hire a Personal Injury Lawyer Now
Bus accidents are very common in the United States. About 63,000 bus accidents happen every year. Unfortunately, nearly 14,000 people are either injured or killed in these collisions. Various cities in California operate multiple bus routes, such as Glendale. Glendale Beeline offers 13 routes throughout the city. It also connects passengers to neighboring locations including La Crescenta, Burbank Regional Intermodal Transportation Center, and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
A bus accident can occur in many ways. A distracted bus driver could lose focus and not pay attention to traffic conditions, potentially causing a bus accident. Another scenario could be when a reckless driver is not following road rules. They may try to drive ahead of the bus and cause an accident by not cautiously observing the road before changing lanes. Additionally, drivers can become distracted by texting, which can result in a collision with a bus.
West Coast Trial Lawyer is ranked as one of the top personal injury law firms. Our Glendale bus accident attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience in personal injury and have won over 5,00 cases. We have also recovered over $1 billion in settlements for our clients. There are no financial risks when it comes to using our services. To get a free consultation at our Glendale personal injury law firm, contact our legal team 24/7 by calling (818) 839-8800 or emailing [email protected]Bus Accident Injuries
Bus drivers and passengers involved in a bus accident may suffer different types of injuries, depending on the severity and circumstances. These include:
- Spinal Cord Injury. This injury may occur in different ways. There are three sections in the spine that can be damaged. These are called the lumbar spine, thoracic spine, and cervical spinal. If an individual is involved in a severe accident, they could damage their cervical spine, which will most likely leave them paralyzed or dead. Symptoms of a spinal cord injury include:
- Muscle spasms,
- Weak muscles,
- Stinging sensation, or
- Digestive problems.
- Head Injury. Forceful impacts on the head are likely to happen in a bus accident. If a bus is involved in a collision with another vehicle, it could cause the passengers to slam their heads against the front seat or a hard window. For a bus driver, their head could either hit the steering wheel or the front window. Common symptoms of a head injury include:
- Slurred speech,
- Blurred vision,
- Sensitivity to light or sound,
- Mood swings,
- Memory problems,
- Drastic changes in eating habits,
- Clear fluids draining from the nose or ears, or
- Numbness occurring in the toes or fingers.
- Neck Injuries/Whiplash. This injury causes damage to the soft tissues of the neck. It generally occurs when there is an abrupt collision. When it comes to whiplash, it may take several days for it to become noticeable. Symptoms include:
- Neck pain,
- Blurred vision,
- Arm pain,
- Back pain,
- Shoulder pain,
- Difficulty sleeping,
- Burning sensation, or
- Lack of concentration.
- Cuts and Bruises. Once a bus accident occurs, chances are likely that glass may shatter from the intense impact. Windows may also shatter if the bus driver or passenger slams their head against it. This may result in cuts or bruises. The level of severity for this type of injury depends on how severe the contact was.
- Broken Bones. This injury may result from various circumstances. If an intense collision occurs, the bus driver and passengers could forcefully be thrown out of their seats. This could cause broken bones, depending on the level of impact and the object they are slamming into. Common symptoms of a broken bone include:
- Severe pain in the injured area,
- Unable to normally use the body part that was injured,
- Bruising, or
- Bone is popping out of the skin.
- Medical Payment Coverage. You and your passenger will receive compensation for medical bills suffered in a bus accident. This will also cover:
- Passengers who do not have health insurance.
- Injured passengers on the bus who have high deductible health insurance.
- Comprehensive Coverage. You will get coverage for losses that were caused by theft, destruction, or damage done by an object.
- Collision Coverage. This will help cover any damage that was done to your vehicle regardless of whether or not you caused the accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured Motorists. If the at-fault driver does not have enough insurance to cover your accident expenses, this will help pay for the remaining amount.
- The number of buses you own,
- How the buses are being used, and
- How far the bus drivers will travel on the bus.
- Deciding between a single bus or fleet.
- How many seats are available on each bus.
- The driving record and years of experience the bus driver has.
- The number of miles it is expected for a bus driver to travel within a year.
If you were involved in a bus accident and want to file a lawsuit against the driver at-fault, you must hire an experienced bus accident attorney to help you with your case. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we have Glendale bus accident attorneys that will make sure you receive full compensation for damages you have suffered. Reach out to our legal team 24/7 by calling (818) 839-8800 or emailing [email protected]