Get a Free Consultation With a San Bernardino Personal Lawyer
Did you sustain life-threatening injuries due to another person’s reckless actions? If so, you may be entitled to file a personal injury claim to acquire compensation to cover for damages.
As you go through the process of filing a personal injury claim, make sure you have reliable legal representation on your side. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, our San Bernardino personal injury attorneys have over 60 years of collective legal experience. We have won more than 5,000 personal injury cases and recovered over $1 billion in settlements for our clients. As we continue to strive and succeed with client satisfaction, we are confident that we will deliver a good outcome to your personal injury case.
To schedule a free consultation at our San Bernardino personal injury law firm today, reach out to our dedicated San Bernardino personal injury attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers by calling (909) 787-2178 or fill out our online contact form.
Types of Cases Our San Bernardino Personal Injury Attorneys Handle
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have suffered injuries or losses after being involved in:
- Bicycle Accidents. Despite following all safety laws and regulations, bicyclists are always at a high risk of suffering serious injuries in an accident. For example, an 87 year old man was killed after being struck by a car on Baseline Street near Crestview Avenue. If you were involved in a bicycle accident and would like to pursue a lawsuit against the individual at-fault, West Coast Trial Lawyers has experienced bicycle accident attorneys that will help you get the compensation you deserve for your losses, including medical bills, property damage, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
- Car Accidents. Southern California is known for its congested traffic, thus making car accidents very common. San Bernardino is no exception, as one was killed in a hit and run accident in March of 2022 on S. Pepper Avenue. Determining who was responsible for a car accident is always a complex process best handled by an experienced San Bernardino personal injury attorney. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions you may have about car accident claims.
- Burn Injury. Data suggests that the majority of burn accidents are caused by daily activities, such as driving a car or cooking. For example, four people in San Bernardino were burned in a car accident involving a propane tank in December of 2020. Burn injuries are especially painful and traumatic. Victims may be entitled to compensation if it can be shown that the negligence of another was the cause. Contact our San Bernardino personal injury law firm today to have one of our experienced attorneys take a look at your case to determine whether you have a case on your hands.
- Uber and Lyft Accidents. Given the recent passing of California Senate Bill AB5, the rules and regulations affecting the way these types of claims are handled, as well as available damages, is changing rapidly. If you have suffered injuries in an Uber or Lyft accident, please contact us as soon as possible. These ridesharing companies could be responsible for compensation owed to you.
- Wrongful Death. Experiencing the wrongful death of a person you love is one of the most tragic things anyone can possibly live through. Please accept our heartfelt condolences if you have lost a loved one, especially if at the hands of a careless driver. An experienced San Bernardino personal injury attorney will handle your wrongful death claim with dignity and respect.
- Scooter Accidents. Scooters have become very popular, especially on the Cal State San Bernardino campus. But who is responsible if you are injured because of a scooter rider’s negligence? What if you were hit by a car? How is liability determined? These are questions best answered by a San Bernardino personal injury attorney at our firm. Feel free to contact us anytime as we are available 24/7 to answer any questions you may have about scooter accident claims.
- Spinal Cord Injury. Did you know that once a spinal cord has been damaged, it will remain that way for the rest of a victim’s life? Even if the damage may be permanent, many treatment plans are available to help improve the victim’s quality of life. However, not many people can afford to pay for life-long treatments as medical costs can be very expensive. Whether your injury was caused by a car accident or an act of violence, a spinal cord injury attorney at our firm is here to help you acquire compensation to get your current and future medical bills covered, along with any other damages that were caused by the accident.
- Dog Bites. The state of California has very strict laws affecting liability for dog owners whose pets bite someone. It has been estimated that almost 5 million dog bites happen every year in the United States. If you have suffered a dog bite injury, whether or not negligence was involved, you may be entitled to compensation. Reach out to our experienced San Bernardino dog bite attorneys today for a free consultation to discuss whether you are eligible to receive compensation.
- Food Delivery Accidents. Food delivery drivers for popular companies, such as Postmates and DoorDash, are treated as independent contractors. If you were involved in an accident with a food delivery driver in the San Bernardino area and would like to pursue a lawsuit against them, our skilled food delivery accident attorneys are available 24/7 to offer legal assistance.
- Pedestrian Accidents. Pedestrian accidents are especially heinous and almost always involve a high degree of negligence. For example, a 40 year old pedestrian man was struck by an oncoming vehicle while crossing the intersection of Slover Avenue and Spruce Avenue in Bloomington, CA, located in San Bernardino County. If you or a loved one were involved in a pedestrian accident and would like to file a lawsuit against the party at-fault for damages, our expert team of San Bernardino personal injury attorneys will negotiate with insurance companies to help get you maximum compensation.
- Brain Injury. Brain injury accidents are caused by car accidents, physical violence, and many more circumstances, but the effects on a victim are often unpredictable and will always involve costly medical treatment. Whatever the cause of your brain injury was, our San Bernardino brain injury attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers will make sure you get the compensation you deserve.
- Truck Accidents. Truck accidents have the potential to cause serious injuries and even fatalities. The majority of all truck accidents are caused by some form of driver negligence. Common examples of truck driver negligence include driving more than the legal limit, distracted driving, speeding, unsafe lane changes resulting in catastrophic multi-car crashes on the highway, and violating other traffic laws. Victims of a truck accident are highly urged to contact a personal injury attorney to pursue a lawsuit against the driver at-fault for damages. Our San Bernardino personal injury law firm is available 24/7 to assist you with your case.
- Premises Liability. Premises liability claims encompass many different situations. Common examples include drowning due to negligent pool management, slip and falls at grocery stores because of wet floors, and physical assault in apartment buildings due to negligent security. Please speak with an experienced San Bernardino premises liability attorney as soon as possible to discuss if you qualify to file a claim.
- Motorcycle Accidents. Motorcycle accidents often result in serious or fatal injuries primarily from the motorcyclist due to lack of protection provided by the vehicle. If you suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident as a result of someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive compensation for your losses. Contact us today to have our expert San Bernardino motorcycle accident attorneys assess your case to determine whether you qualify for damages.
- Bus Accidents. The city of San Bernardino operates several bus lines. Bus drivers are known as common carriers, which means they are required to be extra careful since they are transporting passengers. However, bus accidents do happen. In May of 2020, an accident between an OmniTransbus and a passenger vehicle injured six people and sent one more to the hospital with life-threatening injuries. Bus accident claims have unique time limits, which means you must act fast if you wish to file a claim to recover damages. Reach out to our San Bernardino bus accident attorneys today to start the process of filing a personal injury claim.
What a Dedicated San Bernardino Personal Injury Attorney Will Do for You
- Take Care of Your Legal Rights: Our team of experienced personal injury attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers are familiar with how insurance companies operate. Many of our attorneys represented these companies in the past and we will use our knowledge to take care of all the paperwork that goes into filing a personal injury claim. Most importantly, we will make sure that you don’t do or say anything to anyone involved in your claim that may be detrimental to its success.
- Patiently Explain the Legal Process: A personal injury attorney at our firm will be completely dedicated to your case. They will answer any questions you may have and will patiently guide you through every stage of the legal process. Someone will always be available to explain your options and provide you with the information you need to make the best decisions. An experienced and dedicated attorney at our San Bernardino firm is always available to reassure you and make sure you understand the legal process.
- Secure Compensation: Most importantly, a dedicated San Bernardino personal injury attorney will aggressively pursue all forms of compensation that may be available to you. In addition to damages for your past and future medical bills, you may be entitled to compensation for lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and all costs associated with your injuries. Please consult with an experienced San Bernardino personal injury attorney to determine what forms of compensation you may be entitled to.
- File a Lawsuit in Court: The majority of our cases are actually resolved without the need for litigation. However, if litigation is in your best interest, we will present a strong and persuasive case to the judge or jury to help get you the maximum compensation you deserve. We have secured over $1 billion in damages for our clients and are confident that you will be happy with what we can do for you.
Steps to Take After an Accident in San Bernardino
It is understandable to feel overwhelmed with emotions after a San Bernardino accident. Although it is better said than done, you should try to remain calm and gather as much important evidence as possible. The stronger your claim, the greater the chance you will have of obtaining the compensation you deserve for your losses.
With that in mind, here is a general idea of what you should consider doing after an accident in San Bernardino:
- If you notice any injuries or damages, contact the police. While you are waiting for the police to arrive, find a safe location nearby to rest.
- If you are able to, begin to document your perspective of how the accident occurred. You should also take photographs of your injuries, damages, and the location of where the accident took place. If you notice any witnesses nearby, be sure to ask for their consent to obtain their contact information as their statements could be very beneficial for your case.
- Once the police arrive and conduct an official police report, you should request a copy of that specific report. If you are suffering from any injuries, be sure to get medical attention from the paramedics. If you would rather make an appointment to visit a doctor to have your injured area examined, you should schedule the appointment as soon as possible to reduce the risks of developing an even worse injury from having it left untreated for so long. Any medical care you receive relating to the accident will be saved on file and can be used as evidence that you were, in fact, injured from the accident.
- After your healthcare providers have deemed you stable, it is time to start working on your case by reaching out to a San Bernardino personal injury attorney to discuss liability, damages, and your legal options moving forward.
How Do You Determine Liability?
Determining liability can be a challenging process, especially when multiple parties are involved. However, liability is generally based on negligence. This means that a negligent individual, entity, or group of people who caused you harm will be held liable for any injuries sustained, as well as the resulting monetary damages. As it relates to personal injury claims, negligence is a form of careless or reckless behavior. Negligent behavior is unacceptable and is against the law.
If, for example, you were injured by another driver, you must be able to show that their negligence directly caused your injuries. The legal standard for negligence in the state of California will consider the following three elements:
- The defendant owed you a duty of care;
- The defendant breached his or her duty of care through negligence; and
- The defendant’s negligence was the primary cause of the injuries you sustained.
Avoid These Mistakes During a San Bernardino Personal Injury Lawsuit
Once you are in the process of filing a personal injury claim against the party at-fault, you will be expected to monitor your words carefully to ensure you don’t say anything that may harm your case. Here are some words and actions that you should avoid doing:
- Speak about your case to anyone besides your San Bernardino personal injury attorney that is assigned to you.
- Ignore medical care recommendations offered by the physician.
- Use social media to expose details about your case. This includes posting pictures relating to your case.
- Accept follow requests from people you do not know in real life, specifically those that have sent a request after you have started the process of filing a personal injury claim.
- Contact the at-fault party.
- Speak to the insurance company and have the conversation recorded.
- Make your social media accounts public.
- Make agreements to settlement offers that do not include all damages.
San Bernardino Personal Injury FAQ
Pursuing a personal injury claim can be difficult. As you are recuperating from injuries caused by the accident, you may be unaware of what steps you should take next or what to expect out of your personal injury case.
Below, we have answered our most frequently asked questions relating to personal injury claims. If you have any other additional questions you would like to have answered, please do not hesitate to give our San Bernardino office a call. We are available 24/7.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Lawyer?
There is no exact amount available. The cost of hiring an attorney will vary depending on the type of case they are working on. However, if you work with a skilled personal injury attorney at West Coast Trial Lawyers, you will not be expected to cover any out-of-pocket costs or pay any attorneys until we settle your case. You can learn more about how contingency agreements work when you contact our San Bernardino office for a free consultation.
Should I Accept the Insurance Company’s Offer?
No, do not accept the first offer an insurance company gives you. An insurance company does not have your best interest at mind. Remember, insurance companies will look for opportunities to reduce their profit loss. If the insurance company has made you an offer, it is quite possible that your case is worth much more.
What Happens if My Child Is Injured?
Children are given the same legal right as adults to direct legal actions towards the party at-fault for their injuries. It is encouraged for a parent or guardian to reach out to an expert San Bernardino personal injury attorney. Your attorney will help strengthen your claim and negotiate with insurance companies to deliver justice to you and your child.
Contact Our San Bernardino Personal Injury Attorneys for Legal Assistance
If you have sustained injuries as a result of someone’s negligence or deliberate acts of malice, you have the right to hold the guilty party responsible for your losses. A San Bernardino personal injury attorney at West Coast Trial Lawyers can recover compensation for the losses you have suffered, including medical bills, property damage, emotional distress, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more.
Call us today at (909) 787-2178 or fill out our quick contact form to schedule a free consultation with our experienced, caring, and compassionate legal team.