Pasadena Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Pasadena Motorcycle Accident Cases
Motorcycle accidents are one of the most common types of accidents that happen on the road. Motorcyclists tend to go at high speeds on highways or freeways, thus putting their lives in danger if they are not careful and aware of their surroundings. In Pasadena, there have been multiple reports of motorcycle accidents occurring on a weekly basis. Victims who are affected by a motorcycle accident must act quickly if they want to take legal action against the negligent individual who caused the collision to occur.
At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we have skilled Pasadena motorcycle accident attorneys that are committed to making sure that you receive the justice and maximum compensation you deserve. We are ranked as the #1 personal injury law firm in Pasadena and we have won over 5,000 cases for our clients.
With over 60 years of collective legal experience, we are confident that you will not be disappointed in our services. There are no financial risks involved when utilizing our services. Contact our readily available legal team by calling (626) 412-8157 or emailing [email protected]
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents
Motorcycle accidents are far more serious in comparison to car accidents. Due to this reality, it is very important for motorcyclists to be informed about the common causes of motorcycle accidents in order to prevent them from happening.
- Speeding. Many motorcyclists favor motorcycles due to their speed and performance, which are actually very common reasons why motorcyclists get into accidents in the first place. Since a motorcycle does not offer as much protection in comparison to a car, the rider may suffer aggressive contact with the ground and may experience severe injuries. In certain circumstances, a motorcycle accident may also be fatal. It is best to pay attention to the speed limit and be aware of your surroundings when you are riding your motorcycle.
- Intoxication. Motorcyclists may consume alcoholic beverages before operating their motorcycle. Make sure that you do not consume any alcohol prior to operating your motorcycle. Not only are you putting your life at risk, but you are increasing the chances of those around you from also suffering an injury or even death.
- Road hazards. Motorcycles are smaller and less stable in comparison to cars. Due to this, they are more vulnerable to common road hazards. Motorcyclists must keep an eye on the road to make sure they do not encounter any debris, objects, or faulty pavement that could cause them to damage their motorcycle or be thrown from it.
- Lane splitting. This typically occurs when a motorcyclist is driving between two lanes. There are various accident risks that can occur if a rider engages in lane splitting, such as
- Very close distance with another vehicle.
- Very limited space for movement.
- Drivers not expecting a motorcyclist to pass by during slower moving traffic.
In Pasadena, lane splitting is legal. However, the motorcyclist must do this in a safe manner. Failure to do so may result in an accident, along with the motorcyclist being responsible for either partial or full compensation for any injuries or property damage they caused