Pasadena Car Accident Lawyer
Learn More About Your Traffic Accident Case
Pasadena has a population of 141,231 citizens. On average, car ownership is 2 cars per household. That means there are more than a hundred thousand car owners in Pasadena. With so many individuals going from one place to another, the chances of a car accident are always rising. Nearly every week, a car accident with injuries or death is reported.
It is important for individuals residing in Pasadena to take legal action against the individual who caused a collision due to negligent behavior, not only to recover compensation for their losses but to hold the guilty party responsible.
West Coast Trial Lawyers has Pasadena car accident attorneys that have represented thousands of clients and we have won over 5,000 cases. With the number of successful settlements our firm has recovered, we have accumulated more than $1 billion in compensation for our clients. Our Pasadena legal team is available every day by calling (626) 412-8157 or emailing [email protected]
Types of Car Accidents We Handle
- Multi-Car Collisions. This type of accident can occur in two different ways. Cars driving at high speeds on busy freeways or interstates are more likely to make intense contact with cars surrounding them. Slower drivers may also get into this type of situation. Those traveling at lower speeds on roads or highways have very limited space to properly make lane changes, thus potentially resulting in a collision with more than just one vehicle if they are not careful.
- Head-on Crashes. This collision could result in severe injury or death. Having the front end of two vehicles impact one other could cause the driver and passenger(s) to suffer from various injuries, such as:
- Neck injury
- Head injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Herniated discs
- Ligament tears
- Broken bones
- Scratches or deep cuts
- Rear-Ended Crashes. This generally occurs when a driver is following too closely behind another vehicle or is not paying attention to the road while they are driving. Common injuries that occur with this type of accident are:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Side-Impact Accidents. This takes place when the front of a car slams into the side of another car. Side-impact collisions, sometimes known as t-bone collisions, typically happen when a vehicle drives through a red light or is out of control. Severe injuries or death could easily result from this type of accident.
- Hit And Run Accidents. When a driver flees the scene after hitting a pedestrian, it is classified as a hit and run. For this type of collision to occur, the driver might have not paid attention to the road, was speeding, or just lost control of their vehicle. This is one of the most common types of car accidents that occur on a weekly basis and it is especially egregious.
- Side-Swipe Crashes. When a car slams into the side of another vehicle, it could result in both drivers sustaining serious injuries. This situation often occurs when a driver loses control of their car and is typically associated with dangerous lane changes.
Common Types of Car Accident Injuries
There are several types of injuries that are caused by a car accident, with some being more common than others. Most injuries are temporary and can be healed with at-home remedies and rest. Other types of injuries are more serious and may become permanent, needing extensive care and attention. A car accident victim is very likely to suffer an injury, even if minor, depending on the circumstances. Common injuries include:
- Head Injuries. This may vary depending on the level of impact. Some head injuries are minor while others are severe. Sudden jerking motions after a collision can result in the driver shifting their body in an unnatural way. This may cause the driver to experience muscle strains around the neck and back area. Additionally, the head may also be affected. If the driver’s head aggressively hits the steering wheel or side window, they will most likely suffer cuts, bruises, internal bleeding, or traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Broken Ribs. Ribs are a sensitive part of the body. Even if they were impacted by a light or moderate collision, they still have a high chance of being damaged. A broken rib injury can result from the driver being slammed forward, backward, or sideways after being hit by another vehicle or object. Individuals that break or crack their ribs are expected to undergo a self-healing process that will last up to two months.
- Arm & Leg Injuries. If the driver was hit by a side-impact collision, their arms or legs may be slammed against their car door. Since there is limited space in the driver and passenger seats, knee injuries are also expected to occur. For the driver and passenger sitting in the front, they may suffer a serious impact with areas surrounding the steering wheel or glove compartment. Passengers seated in the back may get thrown into the seats in front of them. Depending on how aggressive the collision is, the individuals in the car may face various types of injuries. This includes bruises, scratches, or broken bones. Noticeable injury symptoms may emerge in a few days, weeks, or even months. Victims of a car accident should always get checked out by a physician to make sure that their health is not in danger.
- Internal Bleeding. This is a very serious matter that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. If internal bleeding is not treated in a timely manner, the individual may deal with life-threatening circumstances. If the individual feels uneasy or indifferent after the accident and suspects internal bleeding, it is highly recommended to reach out to a medical expert to seek treatment for this problem.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD). Besides experiencing a physical injury, drivers may also suffer from a mental injury, too. Fear, nervousness, and anxiety are common types of mental issues that individuals often deal with after getting into a car accident. They may also have a difficult time trying to perform basic, everyday activities. It is important for victims of PTSD to seek medical attention for their mental and emotional suffering.
Contact us if you or a loved one were victims of a car accident, West Coast Trial Lawyers has experienced Pasadena car accident attorneys that will devote their time to make sure that you are satisfied with the end result of your settlement. There are no financial risks involved when you use our services. You will only be charged until we win or settle your case. Our Pasadena personal injury law firm is open 24/7 to reach out to for legal help and advice. Contact our legal team by calling (626) 412-8157 or emailing [email protected]