Motorcycle accidents often cause serious and painful bodily injuries. Recovery may require extensive medical care and rehabilitation and, in some cases, the injuries may be permanent. In addition to significant pain and suffering, victims of a motorcycle accident are likely to face tremendous financial hardships. Hospital bills and the costs associated with ongoing medical treatment can easily run into hundreds of thousands of dollars. Motorcycle accident victims may also be off of work for an extended period of time adding to the financial pressure. Moreover, victims of motorcycle crashes are often unable to participate in the activities they enjoy the most, and their injuries can place tremendous stress on relationships with their loved ones.
Fortunately, if you have been injured in a motorcycle crash, you may be entitled to recover financial compensation from those who are at fault for your injuries. Your recovery will depend upon the specific types of damages you have incurred as a result of the accident. While a monetary award cannot turn back the clock and change what has happened, it can go a long way in providing the financial support you will need to deal with the serious physical, emotional, and financial challenges you are struggling with now and into the future.
The Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer at West Coast Trial Lawyers has years of experience helping people who have been seriously injured or killed in motorcycle crashes. We recognize that insurance companies and jurors are often biased against injured bikers, which can lead to unfair settlements and awards. Our motorcycle accident attorney will take every step possible to protect your rights and make certain you receive full compensation for your injuries. When you hire our firm, a Los Angeles motorcycle accident lawyer will answer your questions and guide you through every step of the legal process. We will explain your options and develop a plan of action to help you receive all of the compensation that you are legally entitled to, including:
- Medical Expenses. Motorcycle accident victims can recover compensation for medical expenses they incur as a result of their accident. Victims can seek compensation for both past and current medical bills as well as any cost of future medical care they may need to treat and recover from their injuries.
- Loss of Earning Capacity. Loss of earning capacity occurs when an accident victim suffers an injury that impairs or decreases the victim’s ability to continue working in or advancing in his or her current profession. Because loss of earning capacity is a difficult claim to make and involves complex calculations, working with an experienced motorcycle crash attorney will give you the best chance at a successful recovery.
- Loss of Income. Accident victims are often unable to work for a significant period of time. Damages for lost income are meant to compensate injured individuals for past, current and future lost wages and benefits. Individuals have the right to seek loss of income damages regardless of whether they work on a full-time, part-time or casual basis. Also, even if you received sick or vacation pay for the time you were off work, you may still have the right to reimbursement for lost income.
- Emotional Distress, Physical Pain, and Mental Suffering. Victims of motorcycle accidents have the right to seek compensation for emotional distress as well as physical and mental pain and suffering associated with their accident or injury. This means victims can recover compensation for their actual physical pain as well as for mental anguish, grief, fear, anxiety, depression, and humiliation.
- Loss of Consortium. The spouse of a motorcycle accident victim may be entitled to make a legal claim for the loss of his or her spouse’s companionship and services. A loss of consortium claim can be made when a physically injured spouse is unable to provide the uninjured spouse with the love, comfort, care, assistance, protection, moral support, companionship and sexual relations (or the ability to have a child) enjoyed before the motorcycle accident.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life. Motorcycle crash victims often suffer injuries that limit their quality of life. For instance, an individual who was very athletic before an accident may no longer be able to participate in sports and other physical activities due to the accident. If you have had to alter your lifestyle as result of your motorcycle accident, you may be able to make a loss of enjoyment of life claim.
West Coast Trial Lawyers Can Help
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident, the motorcycle injury lawyer at West Coast Trial Lawyers is here to help. We will carefully review your accident and injuries and explain all damages that may be available to you. Contact our friendly and caring staff today at (213) 927-3700 to schedule a free case evaluation.