Car accidents happen far too often. According to the U.S Department of Transportation, National Highway Safety Administration, over 30,000 people were killed and 3.9 million people were injured in motor vehicle crashes in the United States in 2010. These accidents involved $76 billion in property damage and $23 billion in medical expenses.
Car accidents occur for many different reasons, but the most common causes of car accidents are negligent and irresponsible drivers, such as drivers who are distracted by texting or talking on cell phones, speeding, or driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Other causes of motor vehicle accidents include poor weather, bad road conditions, faulty road design/construction, and vehicles breaking down due to a mechanical condition or defect.
Regardless of the cause, a car accident can be life-changing for the drivers, passengers, pedestrians, bicyclists and other individuals involved. In addition to dealing with damaged vehicles and other property losses, individuals often suffer painful and long-lasting injuries and, in far too many cases, sustain permanent disabilities or fatal injuries.
Our Legal Team Represents Clients in All Types of Car Accident Cases
The legal team at West Coast Trial Lawyers has extensive experience representing clients involved in motor vehicle accidents. Our lawyers aggressively fight to recover maximum compensation for accident victims in all types of routine and complex car accidents, including:
- Multi-Car Collisions. Pile ups and multi-car collisions typically involve many cars traveling at high rates of speeds on busy freeways and interstates. These types of accidents can also occur when vehicles are travelling at lower speeds on smaller roads and highways. Regardless of where a multiple vehicle accident takes place, when moving cars collide into vehicles already involved in an accident, serious and fatal injuries may result.
- Rear-End Accidents. Rear-end collisions generally occur when a driver suddenly slows down or stops a vehicle. In some cases, the other driver may be following too close to the car in front or not paying careful attention to the road. While the most common injuries associated with rear-end collisions involve whiplash, drivers and passengers can also sustain serious brain, spinal cord, and other injuries.
- Head-on Crashes. Head-on collisions often involve serious injuries and may be fatal. When the front end of two vehicles collide into each other, both drivers and passengers can suffer from multiple injuries, including fractures, contusions, and head, neck, back and spinal cord injuries.
- Side-Impact Accidents. Side-impact collisions take place when the front of one car strikes the side of another car at an angle. These types of collisions often occur when a vehicle runs a red light or skids out of control. While side-mounted airbags and other safety features have helped to reduce injuries, drivers and passengers can still suffer severe or even fatal injuries in side-impact crashes.
- Side-Swipe Crashes. These collisions typically take place when one car collides into the side of another car, such as when a car swerves into or enters the lane of another vehicle. While the injuries in side-swipe crashes are typically not as grave as those in other types of car accidents, serious injuries and even fatalities can occur, particularly when a driver loses control of his or her vehicle.
- Hit and Run Accidents. When a driver flees the scene of an accident, recovering compensation for injuries and property damages can be challenging. In cases where the driver cannot be identified, hit and run victims may still be able to recover financial compensation under their own insurance policies. If you have been injured in a hit and run collision, an experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney can help you find the best path to pursue fair compensation for your losses.
Talk to an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in any type of car accident, it is important to consult a knowledgeable personal injury lawyer. The attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers have years of experience handling all types of automobile accident claims. We understand the complex factors that come into play in a car accident and we know how to build a case and establish causation and fault. Call us today at (213) 927-3700 to schedule a free consultation with an attorney at our firm who will review your case and explain all options that may be available to you.