If you have been involved in a car accident, you may be confused, upset, and uncertain as to what you should do. Chances are that you are trying to deal with damage to your vehicle and may be suffering serious and painful injuries as a result of the accident. While you may believe the insurance companies will take care of everything, insurers usually do not have your best interests at heart. The reality is that insurance carriers have their own agenda and will try to settle your claim for the least possible amount.
An experienced Los Angeles car accident attorney can fully protect your rights and take the steps necessary to ensure that you receive fair and just compensation for your claim, whether it is through a negotiated settlement or pursuing a lawsuit in court. Hiring a qualified attorney to represent you can make a complex legal process far less stressful and may dramatically increase your chance of recovering the financial compensation that you need to cover your damages and injuries.
If you or a loved one was seriously injured in a car accident, below are several important ways an Los Angeles car accident lawyer can help:
- Guiding You Through Complex Processes. Pursuing an automobile accident claim can be a complicated undertaking, particularly if this is your first time dealing with insurance carriers and the legal system. Your lawyer will answer your questions and carefully navigate you through every stage of the process. Your attorney will also outline your options and provide you with the information you need to make the best decisions for you and the people you care most about.
- Protecting Your Rights. Trying todeal with insurance carriers on your own can be a challenging and risky proposition. An experienced car accident attorney will be familiar with how the insurance companies operate and can take care of all the details and paperwork for you, while building your case and advocating your position. Your attorney will also make certain that you don’t do or say anything to the insurance companies or other parties involved in the case that may be detrimental to your claim.
- Pursuing All Compensation that May Be Available to You. When you hire an attorney experienced in handling car accident claims, your attorney will carefully assess your case and pursue all potential damages that may be available. In addition to your damaged property and past and future medical bills, you may be entitled to recover financial compensation for past and future lost wages, loss of earning capacity, pain and suffering, emotional distress, and other costs associated with your injuries.
- Negotiating an Optimal Settlement. A skilled personal injury attorney can help level the playing field with the powerful insurance companies. Being represented by a well-respected and seasoned attorney sends a strong message to these companies that you are serious about negotiating for a fair and just recovery amount.
- Filing a Lawsuit in Court if Necessary. While most motor vehicle accident claims can be successfully negotiated outside of court, there are times when litigation may be in your best interest. In these situations, your attorney will present a strong and persuasive case to the judge or jury to help you get maximum compensation for your damages and injuries.
Schedule a Free Consultation with Our Legal Team Today
If you have been injured in an automobile accident, contact the experienced legal team at West Coast Trial Lawyers today. We offer free consultations and we never charge a fee for our legal services unless we recover compensation for you. You can reach us 24 hours a day by calling (213) 927-3700 or emailing email@example.com.