Bike Crash Injuries
Types of Bike Accident Injuries
Whether you are an experienced bicyclist or just like to ride for fun, sharing the road with drivers can be a risky undertaking. While bicyclists have the same rights to the roadway as motorists, far too often drivers of motor vehicles are inattentive and fail to properly yield to bicycles. Each year thousands of cyclists are seriously injured in bicycle/motor vehicle crashes and, according to the National Safety Council, the costs associated with bicyclist injuries and deaths exceed $4 billion per year.
While there are many factors that contribute to bicycle crashes, many of these accidents are caused by negligent motorists, such as car and truck drivers who are speeding, texting and driving, driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs, failing to obey traffic lights and signals, or engaging in other careless and reckless driving behaviors. Regardless of the reason for the accident, the bicyclist is likely to sustain severe injuries that may require extensive medical care and treatment. Some of the most common types of injuries a bicycle accident victim may suffer from include:
- Broken Bones and Fractures
- Neck and Back Injuries
- Head Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Facial Injuries
- Chest and Abdomen Injuries
These injuries are often painful and can be life-changing for both the cyclist and their family members. In addition to costly medical care and treatment, the injured bicyclist may be unable to work for an extensive period of time and in the most unfortunate cases, the bicyclist may be permanently disabled.
A Los Angeles Bicycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
If you or someone you love has been injured in a bicycle accident, the legal team at West Coast Trial Lawyers is prepared to help. We have years of experience representing injured cyclists and we will aggressively fight to get you full compensation for your injuries. Our lawyers understand that you may be angry and confused and we will guide you through each stage of the legal process.
Far too often when a bicycle accident occurs, injured individuals and their families will try to handle the matter on their own. While the insurance companies may tell you that they will take care of everything, these companies are not on your side. When a serious bicycle accident occurs, the insurer’s goal is to pay out as little as possible to the injured bicyclist. In most cases, insurance companies will offer low ball settlements to bicycle accident victims betting on the fact that these individuals are in a vulnerable state and will accept the offer.
Our attorneys are aware of the tactics the insurance companies will use to attempt to limit the amount they have to pay for your injuries. Our lawyers will carefully review your case and take all the steps necessary to help you receive fair compensation. Call West Coast Trial Lawyers today at (213) 927-3700 or email us at [email protected] to schedule a free consultation with an experienced Los Angeles bicycle accident lawyer at our firm.
Read More About Bike Accidents
- How To Avoid Bicycle Accidents
- Most Dangerous Places To Ride A Bike In Los Angeles, CA
- The Best 4 Bike Paths In Los Angeles
- What If I’m Injured While Using A Bike Share?
- Bike Sharing History
- Benefits Of Bike Sharing
- Bicycle Safety Checklist
- Bike On Bike Accidents
- Types Of Bikes / Illegal Bikes In California
- Can I Ride My Bike On The Sidewalk In Los Angeles?
- Crucial Steps to Take After a Bike Accident
- Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Bicycle Accidents With an Uninsured Driver
- Who Is At Fault in a Bicycle Accident?
- Helmet Laws and How They Affect Your Insurance Claim
- Bike Riding in LA
- Most Common Bike Accident Injuries
- California Bike Accident Statistics
- Bicycle Accident Insurance
- Bike Hand Signals
- How Bike Sharing is Safer Than Riding Your Own Bike
- What If I’m Injured While Using a Bike Share?
- Bike Accident Compensation
- Statute of Limitations for Bicycle Accidents
- Cyclist Death in Los Angeles