When a person dies from an accident caused by the negligence of another party, the next thing you should do is file a wrongful death claim. While such a suit will not bring back a loved one, it can provide financial assistance during the loved ones’ hour of need. If your family member has died due to an accident caused by negligence, our wrongful death attorney can help lighten some of the burden. Only then can we help the suffering family receive the compensation they deserve.
During the wrongful death claim, there will be a great deal of trauma and strain experienced by family members. This may be a very difficult time to discuss finances, but it is something that must be done. All wrongful death cases are different. Here is an example of the different types of damages you can expect:
- Medical Bills: People can spend several days to weeks in the hospital. The bills will accumulate over time. The suit will cover those medical bills.
- Funeral Costs: This money is to pay for burial expenses. Funerals are not cheap. The compensation will cover the cost.
- Loss of Income: You will likely be off from work for a while if you suffer serious injuries. You will be compensated for the time your loved one missed from work, including calculated benefits, healthcare and social security.
- Loss of Care: If the deceased was a stay-at-home parent, money will cover things like housekeeping, daycare and other incidentals.
- Pain and Suffering: While this is considered a non-economic damage, you will receive compensation for it. Survivors go through a great deal of physical and emotional pain while recovering.
- Punitive Damages: Punitive damages can be paid for things like malfunctioning products. If the manufacturer knows that the item was defective and it was used anyway, that can be punitive damages.
If your family is dealing with the trauma caused by a wrongful death, you should receive a fair compensation for the loss. Contact our experienced wrongful death lawyers to take on your case. We will make sure the surviving family members are taken care of. Our wrongful death lawyer understands the pain and suffering experienced by family members. The grief is unimaginable. A wrongful death attorney will handle your case with the utmost respect.
Contact us any time for a free, no-obligation consultation at (888) 888-9285 and talk to one of our personal injury lawyers.