Free Consultations / No Fees Until We Win  (213) 927-3700

MARINA DEL REY: Bicyclist Injured In DUI Accident Involving Off Duty CHP Officer On Fiji Way

Feb 3, 2019

Bicyclist and Driver Injured By Drunk Driver In Marina Del Rey By Fiji Way and Admiralty Ray

MARINA DEL REY, CALIFORNIA (February 3, 2019) – A suspected drunk driver identified as an off-duty CHP officer  was arrested after hitting a bicyclist and another vehicle. 

Authorities are saying that the first accident happened around 3:15 p.m. The CHP officer rear-ended the bicyclist in her Audi and then took off. 

The bicyclist was taken to the hospital in order to receive treatment. Some time later, the CHP officer was involved in an accident with a second vehicle. 

Authorities were eventually able to arrest the suspected drunk driver. The police officer was moved to administrative duties at work while an investigation into the incident continued. 

Liability In DUI Accidents 

It is illegal to flee the scene of an accident that caused great bodily injury. According to California Civil Code 20001, “The driver of a vehicle involved in an accident resulting in injury to a person, other than himself or herself, or in the death of a person shall immediately stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident and shall fulfill the requirements of Sections 20003 and 20004.”

Victims of hit and run accidents as well as DUI accidents are able to seek damages for their injuries. Damages in a personal injury claim can include lost wages, medical bills and pain and suffering. A car accident attorney can evaluate the specific facts of your case and let you know what your rights are. 

Getting Help After A Car Accident

Have you or someone that you love has been injured in an accident with an off-duty police officer. You may have legal recourse. Our team of personal injury attorneys are here to help in any way that we can. We will do everything in our power to hold the person that harmed you responsible for their actions. Whether you are seeking legal counsel or just have questions about your rights we are here for you. You can reach us anytime at (888) 888-9285.

Call| Text | Chat
Text Us Call Us