If you find yourself in an accident, you may face the pressure of mounting medical bills in addition to injuries caused by the accident. Hospital bills, in particular, can run extremely high. While health insurance can aid in paying off these medical bills, not everyone in California has health insurance (or sufficient health insurance) to pay for these types of catastrophes. However, there are still options to help pay your medical bills.
If You Are Uninsured and Involved in an Accident
Even if you find yourself without health insurance, there are several available options to resolve your medical bills:
- Auto Insurance – If you are involved in an automobile accident and don’t have health insurance, your auto insurance might pay all or part of your medical bills under your policy’s medical payment coverage.
- A Personal Injury Lien – many providers will defer their medical bills until your personal injury claim is resolved. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you find and seek treatment from such medical providers.
How A Personal Injury Lien Works
At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we help our clients to find top-notch medical providers who are willing to provide medical care and wait until the case is resolved to receive payment. A “lien” based treatment refers to a payment system, which follows these three simple steps:
- After you employ the legal services of West Coast Trial Lawyers, we will provide you with stellar healthcare providers near you who can treat you. This includes a variety of medical practitioners to ensure your receive the required assistance.
- At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we understand if you cannot pay your medical bills right away. The payment for this “lien” based medical care will be deferred until your case is settled.
- Upon receipt of settlement funds, our office will pay your outstanding bills
When you have been involved in an accident, you should not hesitate to seek medical care, even if you do not have health insurance. The experienced, reputable and highly successful personal injury attorneys in Los Angeles such as the attorneys at West Coast Trial Lawyers will fight for the compensation you deserve for your damages and if needed, will help you find medical providers to get you the proper medical care needed. For further information or schedule an appointment please contact West Coast Trial Lawyers at (888) 539-9582 or visit http://westcoasttriallawyers.com/.