Free Consultations / No Fees Until We Win  (213) 927-3700


Oct 5, 2015

If you are involved in a car accident, you should take immediate steps to protect your health and your case. A great car accident lawyer will be able to help you as soon as you call, but her is was to do if you are in an auto accident, and have not talked to an attorney.

Call the Police

When insurance companies review a claim for a car accident, they often treat the police report as the official (and possibly the only) record of the event. Therefore, you should definitely call the police and request a police officer to come to the scene and file a report. If you are injured, be sure to let the 911 operator and police officers know, because some agencies will not take a report if they believe the accident to involve property damage only.

Get Driver and Witness Info.

Be sure to get the other driver’s information. Either write it down or take a picture of their insurance information, driver’s license number, and address and phone number. Don’t rely on the police report because police officers may not be through, which may result in a police report that lacks vital information. Also, some police officers can take weeks or even months to prepare their reports. Ask any witnesses for their names and numbers. Be sure to take pictures of the cars and your injuries.

Contact a Lawyer

No matter the situation, you should have an accident lawyer help you through the stressful process. Without an experienced professional fighting for your rights, it is unlikely you will get the medical treatment and the compensation you deserve.

Experienced car accident lawyers in Los Angeles, such as the professionals at West Coast Trial Lawyers, a leading law firm in Los Angeles, will fight until you receive what you deserve. For further information or to schedule a free consultation, please contact West Coast Trial Lawyers at (888) 539-9582 or visit

Tags: ,

Call| Text | Chat
Text Us Call Us