Beverly Hills Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Maximize Your Insurance Settlement
Beverly Hills has proven to be a very dangerous place for a motorcyclist. In March of 2019, Russell G. was pronounced dead at the scene at the intersection of Santa Monica Boulevard and Hillcrest Road after suffering a motorcycle accident. This wasn’t the only fatal motorcycle accident in the area, as two other motorcyclists lost their lives the previous year after being cut off by a negligent driver.
Due to driver negligence and lack of protection, motorcyclists will always be susceptible to more serious injuries and property loss than car accident victims. As a result of their injuries, motorcycle accident victims must often deal with costly medical bills, loss of income, physical pain, and PTSD. Recovery from a motorcycle accident is generally a long process.
Motorcycle accidents can be caused by many circumstances. Common causes include:
- Collisions with a curb, street signs, or lampposts
- Driver negligence
- Cars suddenly pulling in front of a motorcycle rider
- Motorcycle malfunction
- Inclement weather
- Vehicles recklessly merging into a motorcyclist's lane
- Hazardous road conditions
Please don’t hesitate to contact us 24/7 at (310) 928-0990 or feel free to email us at [email protected] to schedule a free consultation with our experienced, caring and compassionate legal team. At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we are always here to answer any questions you may have about motorcycle accident claims in Beverly Hills.Motorcycle Accident Causes And Injuries Below are four risk factors that may place a motorcyclist at a greater danger of injury:
- Sex: More than 90% of motorcycle fatalities involve men.
- Alcohol Consumption: Over a quarter of motorcyclist fatalities involved a rider with a blood alcohol concentration (BAC) above the legal limit of 0.08%.
- Helmet Use: California Vehicle Code Section 27803 mandates that all motorcycle riders and their passengers are required to wear a proper helmet. Motorcyclists who do not wear a helmet are at a significantly higher risk of suffering traumatic or fatal head injuries.
- Age: The death rate for motorcyclists 50 and older is steadily rising. In fact, more than 35% of motorcyclist deaths in 2016 involved riders who were 50 and over.
Even while wearing helmets and protective equipment, a motorcycle rider is at a higher risk of suffering various injuries including:
- Road rash
- Joint breakage
- Broken bones
- Neck and spinal cord injuries
- Facial disfigurement
- Head injuries
- Brain damage
- Nerve damage
- Eye injuries
- Loss of limb(s)
- Internal bleeding
- Hearing damage
What you do immediately after a motorcycle accident can make a huge difference in the way your claim is treated. Below, our team of Beverly Hills motorcycle accident attorneys recommend the key steps to take if you were involved in a motorcycle accident. Please don’t hesitate to contact us anytime, we are always available to answer any questions you may have about motorcycle accident claims and available damages.
1) Seek Medical Attention: Please seek medical attention, even if you don’t believe you are seriously injured. It is very common for accident victims riders to feel fine after an accident, but then experience pain and soreness days later. Your health and wellbeing must be your first priority, so it is recommended to seek treatment just to make sure you aren’t seriously hurt. And if possible, please check on everyone involved to see if they need medical attention.
It is crucial to seek medical attention because unless you are evaluated by a medical professional, the insurance company will argue that you were not really hurt at all.
2) Document the Motorcycle Accident: This step is absolutely crucial and will immensely aid your claim. Please gather the following information:
- License plate numbers
- Names and contact information for anyone involved in the accident
- The driver’s license and insurance information
- Year, make, and model for any vehicles involved in the accident
- Contact information for any available witnesses
- Photos and videos of your injuries, property damage, and the accident scene
3) DO NOT discuss the Accident: You may think you were responsible for the accident, but DO NOT admit fault. This is one of the most detrimental things you can possibly do. There may be several factors you may be unaware of. For example, the other driver or motorcyclist may have been texting or intoxicated.
We understand that the moments following a motorcycle accident are very emotional. It is crucial that you are careful about what you say. Please DO NOT apologize for the accident and DO NOT suggest who may be at fault.Suing For Poorly Maintained Roads
Most motorcycle accidents are caused by negligence. But poor road conditions can also cause a motorcyclist to suffer an accident. Poor road conditions that often cause serious motorcycle accidents include potholes, loose gravel, uneven sidewalks, and broken cement.
Property owners have a duty of care to repair hazardous road conditions that may lead to a motorcycle crash. A city or private property owner that is negligent and doesn’t properly maintain their roads in good condition may be held liable for injuries or damages caused to a motorcyclist. California premises liability law states that property owners must maintain their property in reasonably safe conditions. This includes, but is not limited to inspecting and maintaining their property, repairing potentially hazardous conditions, and providing adequate warnings about any potential dangers.If you are bringing a claim against a city, county, or any state government agency, you must prove that:
- The property where you were injured was owned/controlled by a city, county, or state government agency
- The property had hazardous conditions when your motorcycle accident occurred
- The hazardous conditions were a reasonably foreseeable risk for the injuries that you suffered
- The city/county/state knew about the hazardous conditions for enough time to take reasonable action to address it
- You suffered injuries as a result of the hazardous conditions
If you have sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident as a result of someone’s negligence or deliberate acts of malice, you have the right to hold the guilty party responsible for your losses. A Beverly Hills motorcycle accident attorney at our firm can recover financial compensation for the losses you have suffered. Call us today at (310) 928-0990 or email [email protected] to schedule a free consultation with our experienced, caring and compassionate legal team.