At West Coast Trial Lawyers, we understand that car accidents affect victims in a number of ways. Accidents not only damage vehicles, cause physical and emotional injuries, but also force you to miss work. An experienced auto accident attorney in Los Angeles at West Coast Trial Lawyers can help you recover lost income when you are the victim of an accident
Am I Entitled to Recover Lost Wages?
Yes. In California, wages lost because of an auto accident are recoverable. The following are the types of loss of wages you may recover:
- Lost wages - You are entitled to recover any wages you have actually lost as a result of your accident. These may include, loss of sick of sick or vacation time, salary income, etc.; and
- Loss of earning capacity – Serious injuries may negatively affect your ability to earn income in the future. Therefore, you may recover any loss of your ability to earn future income
What Other Types of Compensation Might Be Available?
“Compensatory damages” are designed to help victims become financially “whole” after an accident. Besides wages lost from work, other types of “compensatory damages” include:
- Economic/Special Damages – You are entitled to recover for your vehicle damage and costs associated with past, present, and future medical treatment. You are also entitled to any reasonable out of pocket expenses related to your accident; and
- Non-Economic/General Damages – This category of damages includes several subcategories, the most common which are:
- Emotional Distress. This group includes a range of damages that one might suffer due to an automobile accident, including: anxiety, fear, grief, loss of sleep, and post-traumatic stress.
- Loss of Enjoyment of Life. Any injury that prevents a victim from enjoying an activity is included in this group
- Pain and Suffering. This group includes any discomfort or pain suffered due to an automobile accident.
An experienced and highly successful accident attorney in Los Angeles such as the professionals at West Coast Trial Lawyers will fight for your lost income and other types of damages you might have incurred. For further information or to schedule an appointment please contact WCTL at (888) 888-9285 or visit http://westcoasttriallawyers.com/.